Bobrovsky joins Elliott complaining about new smaller pads.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The league is putting Goalies health at risk in order to bump up scoring. Instead they could’ve made the nets slightly bigger all around...
Yep, this is exactly what everyone said would happen when people were whining for smaller pads over the years. Now the new narrative is the goalies are idiots and not tough enough.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
Right everyone is lying.
It's called alternative motives. Shame some of you can't use some basic logic to deduce why goalies are appealing to your emotion to get what they want.

And as the other post #324 shows, it completely easy to see how some are being pressured to speak out/lie.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's called alternative motives. Shame some of you can't use some basic logic to deduce why goalies are appealing to your emotion to get what they want.

And as the other post #324 shows, it completely easy to see how some are being pressured to speak out/lie.
You glossed over something in your deduction: smaller pads might actually hurt.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
You glossed over something in your deduction: smaller pads might actually hurt.
I didn't, it's all about injuries. No injuries, no problem.

Players deal with getting "hurt" every game. I know goalies are snowflakes, but it's time to man up. By allowing them to have bigger pads, it only diminishes actual goaltending talent.

Also glad you didn't actually address any of my points. Cause you know there's no argument against them.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
You mean like every goalie from 1920>2000?
And before everyone talks about how much harder players shoot today, lets not forget that guys like Fuhr, Roy, etc had to face Al MacInnis and Al Iafrate who held the hardest shot records for years while using wood sticks.
Or how about all the goalies that had to face Bobby Hull's 110mph slapper?

Suck it up Buttercup.

Bobrovsky's crying sounds like sour grapes. I'm sure if he had a 1.80 GA and .950 SV% he wouldn't be saying a friggin thing.
It's like last year when Aaron Sanchez complained that the baseball's had been changed, leading to more blisters.
Meanwhile, Justin Verlander said he didn't notice any difference at all.
Sanchez had a much better season this past year and didn't complain once about the same balls he used the year before.

i hope you realize how different the game is lmao

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I always thought Bobrovsky is an overrated goalie, and he's whining about smaller pads now because he probably relies more on equipment than talent to make saves

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Agreed. But for several decades, goalies dealt with bruising. I remember watching a post-game interview with Grant Fuhr, who was shirtless, and he had bruises all over his body.
Goalies just dealt with it. So I kind of laugh when goalies complain about being scared of the puck. If your equipment is so large that you don't expect to feel it, there's a problem.

Although it might help explain how goaltenders were so awful back in the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad