Bobby Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Bobby Ryan now has 5 more points in 2 less games this season. And the impressive thing is that he's got WAY more assists.

If he can play a full, healthy season, he's a 65-70 point guy with game breaking ability and now two-way play. And as others have said, he's a great person, and seemingly a leader on the ice and with the media. Well worth his extension IMO.

I'll believe it when I see it, he's been a huge disappointment for a while now. I'd rather give his money to Turris or Stone for 7 yrs. They are going to be the better players IMO. At least they don't quit or let you down or disappear during games the way Ryan does. Maybe Burke was right about him.

I find he is too fancy with the puck, over passes & makes passes much harder than they need to be trying to pass around guys all the time. He along with that line are all perimeter players who are always looking for the highlight reel goals instead of shooting more. He reminds me of Spezza in a lot of ways.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I think he's a little too unselfish. Start shooting the puck more, man. You've been an established scorer in this league for a little while now. if his finger is bothering him that much that its stopping his ability to get his regular shot off, completely understandable why he's spending the majority of his time offensively trying to set guys up..but if he insists he can do the same things with it frozen that he can do normally, then he really should be starting to shoot more.

I counted atleast 2 occasions tonight where he could've just shot the puck instead of trying to make the extra pass

BigBush*

Hes a very streaky player. Plays like a beast for a few weeks then is nowhere to be seen for awhile

JustinYS

Oct 21, 2010
My biggest gripe with him is his lack of core strength. His balance is simply awful.

Ttracer*

Ottawa we need a leader, Bobby is a great player but you CANT disappear in a huge game vs the league's worst team. Alfi was noticeable every single game he did everything and played every shift like it was his last. Bobby is just drifting around hoping to get lucky, where's the urgency?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Ottawa we need a leader, Bobby is a great player but you CANT disappear in a huge game vs the league's worst team. Alfi was noticeable every single game he did everything and played every shift like it was his last. Bobby is just drifting around hoping to get lucky, where's the urgency?

Um, no he wasn't. He was here during every choke against TO and that's why people wanted him traded for Craig Conroy.

People have short memories here.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I thought he showed a lot of hustle tonight

He's just really fighting the puck

And people are far too focused on Ryan not being as good as he can while Zibanejad is being left off the hook: Zib is the centre, he needs to be a lot better too

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Ryan needs to learn how to spell intercity... no err...intitlecity....no err.. intencities.... no err..... ah Crap!!!!

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Ryan needs to learn how to spell intercity... no err...intitlecity....no err.. intencities.... no err..... ah Crap!!!!

Not talking to you specifically at all, but I find it funny how a bit earlier prior to the streak some posters were going "Bobby Ryan can't spell intensity right Burke?", "Bobby Ryan is a beast player", etc. Now if you look at the posts, it's literally polar opposites.

It is somewhat warranted because of the importance of these games, but still it is astonishing how quickly things turn on a player.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
This is just what Ryan is. He's not a guy who can really carry an offense on his own.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This is just what Ryan is. He's not a guy who can really carry an offense on his own.

Did anyone expect it out of him? He's never been that kind of player

He and Zibanejad are play some of the worst hockey they've played in a long time and that's the issue moreso than Ryan being hurt

He's clearly hurt and that's concerning, he needs to stop getting hurt so much

BigBush*

Huh

He and Zibanejad are play some of the worst hockey they've played in a long time and that's the issue moreso than Ryan being hurt

Wait, they played bad in NY and bad tonight?

We got to give them a little more then 2 games to bounce back

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Not talking to you specifically at all, but I find it funny how a bit earlier prior to the streak some posters were going "Bobby Ryan can't spell intensity right Burke?", "Bobby Ryan is a beast player", etc. Now if you look at the posts, it's literally polar opposites.

It is somewhat warranted because of the importance of these games, but still it is astonishing how quickly things turn on a player.

Anything that I post that seems negative towards Ryan in any thread will be in jest, tongue in cheek ie... reverse psychology. The only suggestion I'd make to Bobby is to get greedy and shoot more. Let the young guys earn their own goals and big paydays.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Anything that I post that seems negative towards Ryan in any thread will be in jest, tongue in cheek ie... reverse psychology. The only suggestion I'd make to Bobby is to get greedy and shoot more. Let the young guys earn their own goals and big paydays.

Yea I've learnt to recognize that after a while :nod:

And I agree, Ryan was great earlier in the season and mid season in helping the young guns find their legs by sacrificing his own scoring chances, and they did. Now Ryan can be more selfish because he doesn't have to adjust himself anymore for Zibby or Hoffman. They've found their legs (for the most part) and can't be babysat by Ryan anymore.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I dono about zibanejad. He was dominant against he sharks. Which was very recent.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Huh

Wait, they played bad in NY and bad tonight?

We got to give them a little more then 2 games to bounce back

They didn't play that bad against New York, the Rangers are just a much, much better team. That the team played decently and still got completely crushed and dominated is a testament to how much better than Rangers

Tonight was horrible and the problem was the team started off great and considerable trailed off as the game went on: this means the team is running on fumes

We're done like dinner unless Ryan and Zibanejad wake up, it's really that simple

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Bobby Ryan now has 5 more points in 2 less games this season. And the impressive thing is that he's got WAY more assists.

If he can play a full, healthy season, he's a 65-70 point guy with game breaking ability and now two-way play. And as others have said, he's a great person, and seemingly a leader on the ice and with the media. Well worth his extension IMO.

If you add the two way play you have to shave off some points. Looks like a 55 point guy with two way play.

And people say they wouldn't give ROR bobby ryan money. They're essentially he same. With ROR being the more versatile. 4 years younger as well.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I dono about zibanejad. He was dominant against he sharks. Which was very recent.

He was but for a few games before that and since then he's been poor

It's not a huge concern because he's so young but I just think it needs to be said rather than simply putting it all on Ryan

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I thought he showed a lot of hustle tonight

He's just really fighting the puck

And people are far too focused on Ryan not being as good as he can while Zibanejad is being left off the hook: Zib is the centre, he needs to be a lot better too

He's our guy up front. Some hustle isn't good enough , especially when we sorely need him to come up big.

"Good hustle" is what you tell some 12 year old after a bad game. And even they don't take the compliment seriously. You need more than hustle from your stars.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He was but for a few games before that and since then he's been poor

It's not a huge concern because he's so young but I just think it needs to be said rather than simply putting it all on Ryan

Well Ryan deserves more blame. I don't think the blame should be spread equally. (Some are saying)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad