Bobby Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why do you only show up to whine, ***** and moan?

Where have you been during the run?

I've literally said Ryan needs to be better probably after 60% of the wins during the run.
Why people so shocked when there's more posting and discussion after a loss. There's more to talk about and discuss and debate over.
Makes perfect sense.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I've literally said Ryan needs to be better probably after 60% of the wins during the run.
Why people so shocked when there's more posting and discussion after a loss. There's more to talk about and discuss and debate over.
Makes perfect sense.

You're really only here to ***** and moan about Ryan. Maybe you'd like him if he wore #19.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
People need to learn to accept ryan for what he is. He's over paid for what he is although in the future he might not be. His best season was when he played with Gezlaf and Perry. He was the third best player on his line. When he was moved off that line the biggest complaint duck fans had was hed score his goal but you'd never really notice him. You'd look down on the score sheet after the game and you'd say oh wow Ryan scored two....didnt even notice. Hes come a long way from where he was and contributes in more ways then he did before. Ryan is what he is.. Dont act surprised he's been to a certain extent the same player his whole career. He's improved in Ottawa but he still kinda the same guy.

I for one am not going to blame Ryan for being something hes not. Even if hes not the one dimensional players he was in Anaheim i'm not going to expect him to 100 percent a new player.

I dont think he's injured myself but i still dont expect much more from ryan. This is about what we should expect. Maybe more points if the team doesnt suck to start next year

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You're really only here to ***** and moan about Ryan. Maybe you'd like him if he wore #19.

Mhm. I was also saying how great he was playing for that 15 game stretch in the middle of the season. As well as the Start of last season.
But other than those two stretches hes been invisible (he gets a pass last year). But now hes been bad and needs to be better. What's so wrong with saying that.

It's like the start of the year when people were up in arms when some of us said karlsson needs to play better. Behold. He started playing better. Better team results.

I'm not gonna give this 27 year old millionaire a clap for some hustle.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Mhm. I was also saying how great he was playing for that 15 game stretch in the middle of the season. As well as the Start of last season.
But other than those two stretches hes been invisible (he gets a pass last year). But now hes been bad and needs to be better. What's so wrong with saying that.

It's like the start of the year when people were up in arms when some of us said karlsson needs to play better. Behold. He started playing better. Better team results.

I'm not gonna give this 27 year old millionaire a clap for some hustle.

When you say 15 isnt it more like 20-25? Thats when he was basically PPG. Those were stretchs of dominant play but even if hes not at that level he still has contributed here and there

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Time for a lineup switch ,put Ryan back with Turris ,put stone with zibby and hoffman:nod:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Time for a lineup switch ,put Ryan back with Turris ,put stone with zibby and hoffman:nod:

This makes no sense. Stone and Turris are carrying this team offensively.

Cameron needs to stop benching Hoffman, yeah he makes mistakes but he drives that line offensively they need his speed. Chiasson is too slow and with Zibby and Ryan overall thats too slow of a line.

Ryan is out of shape, its a long season and he is worn down. Hopefully next year with a full summer to train he will be able to sustain a high level of play for longer. To me he just looks slow right now. He needs Hoffmans speed to make room for him.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I don't think he's out of shape at all. He's been struggling since he got rocked by that somewhat late hit by Petry that sent him neck-first hard into the boards. He stayed down for awhile and I was convinced he was injured.

That's the instant his production went down.

Odd that people aren't making that connection.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't think he's out of shape at all. He's been struggling since he got rocked by that somewhat late hit by Petry that sent him neck-first hard into the boards. He stayed down for awhile and I was convinced he was injured.

Good point

It was a late hit too

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Was Ryan this injury-prone in Anaheim?

Naw but he coasted more in Anaheim.

Ryan at least playing defensively here and getting injured cause of it. Hopefully this injury madness stops and he plays defensively and offensively good again. That's if he is injured again in first place.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Well he couldnt train all off season because of the hernia. So I dont think he came into camp in the best shape. However you might be right.... Perhaps its a combination of both.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Naw but he coasted more in Anaheim.

Ryan at least playing defensively here and getting injured cause of it. Hopefully this injury madness stops and he plays defensively and offensively good again. That's if he is injured again in first place.

90% of his time here he's been injured. He's a fine defensively.. I haven't seen him make too many glaring errors or giveaways in the games I've watched this season. He needs to start shooting more.. he spends way too much time trying to set other guys up imo. He's a scorer and I think he needs to get back to that mentality a little bit more. He's much much better than the 18 goals he's put up for us.. but his lack of scoring himself is probably all related to his injury issues since he's been here.. which is why maybe he's more of a playmaker rather than shooter on that line? I'm just guessing

Hopefully he'll get back to being a 30 goal guy next season with a clean slate and injury free. If Mike Hoffman can get close to 30 goals than Ryan can definitely do it without changing much too much with how he plays. Just needs to change to a "shoot" mentality every time he has the puck instead of always trying to pass it off to someone

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He's probably focusing on playmaking over shooting to help Zibanejad

Once Zibanejad doesn't need to be shepherded I expect big things

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

It's not odd because that would be called speculation.

He also had a pretty good streak going on a bit after that hit.

It's the past 10 games or so that he's been cold as iceeee.

Karlsson2Turris*

22.22% of his goals are against Buffalo

I haven't like Ryan's play either but this is a very lame argument.

It's not like goals against Buffalo don't count, in the NHL any given team can win on any given night.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder if Ryan will become as polarizing as Spezza was especially next season when he starts to make $7 mil. While he has tremendous skills he is a bit of a floater at times out there & does disappear in games & sometimes games in a row. They also need a lot more from Zibanejad & Hoffman, unfortunately all three seem to be perimeter players, DC may have to break them up & put a net driver in there.

MacArthur - Zibanejad - Ryan
Greening - Turris - Stone
Z. Smith - Pageau - Michalek
Hoffman - Legwand - Chiasson

BigBush*

I wonder if Ryan will become as polarizing as Spezza was especially next season when he starts to make $7 mil. While he has tremendous skills he is a bit of a floater at times out there & does disappear in games & sometimes games in a row. They also need a lot more from Zibanejad & Hoffman, unfortunately all three seem to be perimeter players, DC may have to break them up & put a net driver in there.

That could be the worst line up I've ever seen.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

Part of the issue with Spezza is had trouble with the media and fans to a lesser while Ryan does not seen to have the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad