Bobby Ryan Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It will be interesting to see what happens with Ryan if he has another crappy yr or injury filled yr. I too would like to see Ryan back with Turris & MacArthur on the top line, I just think he would produce a lot more pts if he was. I would also like to see if Stone & Hoffman could get Zibanejad scoring into the 50 pt range this season.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I still think Ryan should change his jersey number. It just feels off.

Maybe that is the reason why he went on a cold streak near the end of the season. :sarcasm:

More likely reason is his off-season surgery which prevented him from getting a full summer worth of training.

My belief is BR just ran out of gas as the season progressed, he should be back to 100% this year barring any other injury.

Othello*

Ryan better show up next season. 7.5 mil to play half the season is a no no

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Things Ryan must do to justify his 7.5 M caphit:

-Score more than 25 goals, 30 goals is preferred
-More than 60 points
-Not disappear at crucial times

Ryan MUST show up next season, he'll be 28 and in his prime.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Exactly. The more rounded game is great and all, but at that money we're paying him to score, not be Erik condra. He needs to get back to his +30g, +60-70pts seasons..or at least the equivilant to that in this slightly lower scoring era.

BigBush*

Judging by peoples expectations of Bobby, I predict there will be a lot of let down fans

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
agreed, but that doesn't change expectations, nor should it. That contract carries expectations.

Agreed.

I love the fact that his game is more mature and rounded out. That will serve him well in the final few years and (hopefully) extend his career.

But, he's been given almost a free pass for two seasons now. Another mediocre season at his new price tag would sink this team. we really need him to find that 30+ goal game again.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You guys are going to be disappointed

He got paid because we traded for him and couldn't afford to have him walk, not because he's truly worth 7.5

That doesn't mean he's no good nor does it mean he cannot help this team to a Cup

The whole "he needs to justify his contract" is your HF personas taking over: would you all be happy if he got hurt at the start of the year, came back, played decent and solid in the playoffs and help us get to the third round?

I would, that he didn't justify the 7.5 million cap hit is of no concern to me

BigBush*

He got paid because we traded for him and couldn't afford to have him walk, not because he's truly worth 7.5

That doesn't mean he's no good nor does it mean he cannot help this team to a Cup

The whole "he needs to justify his contract" is your HF personas taking over: would you all be happy if he got hurt at the start of the year, came back, played decent and solid in the playoffs and help us get to the third round?

this how i look at it. i dont care about the cap hit really, just want him to play well.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

I agree with this for the most part. Bobby was paid to stay when we needed to keep the trade return. But when a player earns 7.5 million, you do have to evaluate that cost vs the production you could get from other ufa's or trade targets for that much coin.

BigBush*

sometimes you gotta overpay guys. Bobby is probably closer to a 5 million dollay player, but if we offered him that, he would of gone to free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad