Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Still love the guy but it's hard to be happy about his play at this time

We really need him to be a lot better

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I hope he works on his skating this summer and on his endurance. He's too slow to follow the pace of the game sometimes and he seems like he's missing a step towards the end of a game. He doesn't get in scoring position as much as he used to and he also seems to be shaky on his skates. He's falling so often, I've never seen that honeslty. If he wants to be the player he could become, he really needs to put in a summer of hard work and get in better shape for next season, if not, Mark Stone will be our top line guy going forward and that would be embarassing for a guy that just signed a 7year 50M deal.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He's a hot-and-cold player, everyone knew that about him when we traded for him, I'm not sure how much an analysis from a handful of fans during one of his "cold" streaks changes anything.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He's a hot-and-cold player, everyone knew that about him when we traded for him, I'm not sure how much an analysis from a handful of fans during one of his "cold" streaks changes anything.

He needed to work on his skating/endurance before he got here, this is not a newsflash. If your logic applies, this website should be shutdown because all this site is about is sharing opinions, speculating and talking about hockey. I've never seen anything written here that ever "changed anything". Not sure what that means since we're just giving opinions on the subject.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think he started regretting this long ago! :laugh:

:(

The way he rounded out his game and anchored the line with Zibby and Hoff, I was kinda hoping the fans would give him a bit more rope. He has really developed into an all around player. It would be a shame for any fans to turn on him now.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
True, but in truth I can sympathize. I've been there before.

Team ChocoTastic is nothing if not empathetic.

word.

It's seriously hilarious how quickly some of this fan base can turn on their players. Peruse the other boards, it's quite rare that you go from praising a guy to ripping on him in such short order. It's dam near schizophrenic. It was nothing but high praise for him during the win streak. Three losses later and now the usual suspects are questioning his conditioning and his contract. Come on.

Yes, the team is mired in a bit of a slump right now. But now it's "Ryan sucks" and "Anderson sucks" like these guys have done nothing to help the team this year.

And don't start with "every fan base does this." Not to the extent Ottawa does. It's bad enough here that Puck Daddy wrote an article about how fairweather we can be.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
word.

It's seriously hilarious how quickly some of this fan base can turn on their players. Peruse the other boards, it's quite rare that you go from praising a guy to ripping on him in such short order. It's dam near schizophrenic. It was nothing but high praise for him during the win streak. Three losses later and now the usual suspects are questioning his conditioning and his contract. Come on.

Yes, the team is mired in a bit of a slump right now. But now it's "Ryan sucks" and "Anderson sucks" like these guys have done nothing to help the team this year.

And don't start with "every fan base does this." Not to the extent Ottawa does. It's bad enough here that Puck Daddy wrote an article about how fairweather we can be.

The only other fan bases that does this are Toronto and Montreal for example when the Leafs got Phil some fans did compare him to Crosby but then as the year went on they said he at best is a 30 goal player.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I doubt it him and his wife seem happy here.

I'm sure that every player that's been here has liked this city.. but who wants to go to a job where you're regularly blamed every time the team does poorly and sometimes even booed thousands of people?

This fan base has done it before to it's star players. I don't think Ryan would be any different even if he is a good guy.

This is the same fan base that had some people booing a guy like Sergei Gonchar on opening night when they were doing player introductions for the season a few years back so anything can happen. People have turned on Alfie and Spezza before too

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Still love the guy, he's done so much to help the players around him.

He's clearly playing injured right now

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I'm sure that every player that's been here has liked this city.. but who wants to go to a job where you're regularly blamed every time the team does poorly and sometimes even booed thousands of people?

This fan base has done it before to it's star players. I don't think Ryan would be any different even if he is a good guy.

This is the same fan base that had some people booing a guy like Sergei Gonchar on opening night when they were doing player introductions for the season a few years back so anything can happen. People have turned on Alfie and Spezza before too

Its still nothing compared to many other markets.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
So hes been injured or playing injured for 60-70% of his time with the Sens in the last two seasons?

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
So hes been injured or playing injured for 60-70% of his time with the Sens in the last two seasons?

It's hard to know for sure. I don't want to make excuses for him.

The two I know of are the hernia last season and the finger in late 2014.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Could always put him back with Turris and macarthur if you want 30+ goals from him.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
If he actually skated harder during games rather than trying to dangle and stickhandle his way out of pressure...he would be more effective to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad