Injury Report: Bobby Ryan - Hernia

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
FWIW, Spezza is going to be attractive to a lot of teams because of his front loaded contract. Spezza's cap hit is $7 million this coming season, but his actual salary cost is only $4 million. The new CBA limits how much you can front load a contract, but players like getting their money in the bank now for obvious reasons, and it makes the contract easier for the team to shed later.

The Fuhr*

My thoughts as well, if Bobby later wants out or the Senators decide to trade him then they won't be happy that his salary was front loaded.

Bobby Ryan is a UFA to be... Players like money up front, if the Sens don't give it to him, somebody else will

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Bobby Ryan is a UFA to be... Players like money up front, if the Sens don't give it to him, somebody else will

After what happened with Heatley & the law suit I would think Melnyk would be a little shy about front loading too much money especially in the first yr but I understand your point from a player's perspective. Should be an interesting negotiation, will be interesting to see what transpires from it & whether we have another superstar bolt because they were not shown the money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad