Injury Report: Bobby Ryan - Hernia

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
He tried to spell intense but stabbed himself in the face instead.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This is what happens when you haven't bckchecked for 70 games and your teammates call you out, you don't know how to do it so you go all out and have no idea of where you are on the ice because you are concentrating on something that is so foreign to you it takes over your brain, next thing you know you get a soft bump (which you have been avoiding all year) and you go flying into the boards.

I think Ryan's injury is a microcosm of our season, no one used their body to back check or forecheck (hence no injuries on our team) and when one of our players did decide to do it he has no idea what he's doing and gets badly injured.

Hopefully next year we get some guys that know how to backcheck.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
This is what happens when you haven't bckchecked for 70 games and your teammates call you out, you don't know how to do it so you go all out and have no idea of where you are on the ice because you are concentrating on something that is so foreign to you it takes over your brain, next thing you know you get a soft bump (which you have been avoiding all year) and you go flying into the boards.

I think Ryan's injury is a microcosm of our season, no one used their body to back check or forecheck (hence no injuries on our team) and when one of our players did decide to do it he has no idea what he's doing and gets badly injured.

What the heck is this? Did your brain leak on to the keyboard?

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
What the heck is this? Did your brain leak on to the keyboard?

How funny rivisionist history is, eh?. Go back to the first month or two of the season and read the GDT and everyone is praising how hard working Ryan is and how he is the only one showing that he gives a damn.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I HATE how some of you are sack deep riding the Bruins... It's embarrassing.

Go drool over them on their own board, or better yet, self help books on self respect.

Bobby fell, a Bruin would neeeeever do that. Gutless!

It was a good backcheck and he was helped into losing his balance. It's pretty easy to do, and happens all the time. I'm stoke it's only two games.

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country
Remember when big tough Boston Bruin Dennis Seidenberg was injured by Conacher? I guess he wasn't battle-ready.

Remember when big tough Boston Bruin Carl Soderberg was injured by Karlsson? I guess he wasn't battle-ready.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Did you see the hit that sent him flying? I can't see that happning to a Boston Bruin because they are ready for battle

HFTIVki.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm semi-glad the team is shutting him down for the next two games

There's no need for him to aggravate his nagging injury and he hasn't been providing much help even though he's been playing through it

Rest up Bobby, we're going to need you at 100% next year

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

This. We haven't gotten injured because we haven't played hard. We didn't make the playoffs because we didn't play hard.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Ryan is a soft player, I think Ryan DOES care, he just doesn't play a 200 foot game

Hate to read what you have to say about Spezza if you feel this way about Ryan.

Ryan has been the most physical forward not playing 4th line minutes and is one guy that works hard at both ends of the ice.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Hate to read what you have to say about Spezza if you feel this way about Ryan.

Ryan has been the most physical forward not playing 4th line minutes and is one guy that works hard at both ends of the ice.

Ryan is just another piece of driftwood on a team ladden with dead wood; just floating by, collecting a salary. Brian Burke was right, I hate BB with a passion, but in hindsight he is spot on with this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad