Bobby Hull legacy thread (see admin warning post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
We're starting to approach Olli Jokinen & Turkey Girl territory for the most entertaining thread in the history of HFBoards.

Actually the NYR don't have a Tom Wilson problem might be better but I don't recall the 2 mentioned here and I'm afraid to open the turkey girl link TBH.

Edit the Tom Wilson thread wasn't on the history section but it's still an all time classic.

Reactions: Voight

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Regarding Big Phil, I honestly don't really care that he lied. People lie online and I have never taken any poster's word all that seriously. I'm sure that others have lied about their age, either explicitly or implicitly, just as I'm sure that some have lied about where they come from, their experiences, and god knows what else. In fact I never even realized that Phil was pretending to be much older than he really seems to be. As odious as some of the things posted seem to be (Sandy Hook and covid conspiracy nonsense etc.) I generally ignore whenever posters veer away from hockey. I don't want hockey discussion to be bogged down by a given poster's opinions on other matters.

Phil might as well admit what we all know, and yes it is funny, but I'm planning to let it go going forward. I'll look back and laugh once in a while but it's no big thing. I also assumed that it was settled in the minds of others that he wrote that book. Must also say that I find digging into people's social media outside of the site to prove a point a bit beyond what is necessary. Many posters carry the baggage of their past opinions with them when they post, good or bad, and this is a sizable bag that one poster will carry going forward, though there are ways to mitigate it.

Anyway, the thread certainly turned in a memorable direction. It certainly takes away from the discussion on Hull's legacy, which I found far too black and white (even in my own post really) but the discussion on Hull wasn't going anywhere worthwhile from what I could see.
This would be true if his lies weren't so insidious and, at times, disgusting.

It's sociopathic.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Alright, Phil's been online a couple of times since I made my offer. Phil, send me a note if you want to respond.

In the meantime, drive safe and tip your waitstaff.

office-chilis.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad