Bobby Burgers

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Well thats the problem right there then, they should start running this operation like a sports team and not a cirque du soleil
Haha bad example.

My brother and sister in laws both work for Cirque du Soleil (Him being operations manager).

They seem WAAY more professionally run than the Oilers. They're way more well run than almost any entertainment brand on the planet.

The organization of their scouts is masterful. They have records, tabs, videos of every olympic level gymnast, chinese acrobats, dance/contortion/skating/skateboarders on the planet.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Even if Nicholson is a low-key genius and manages to identify the executive personnel that we need to take us to the promised land; wouldn't the person/people be smart enough to recognize that Nicholson is a stooge and the situation in the OBC-Nicholson-Katz triangle is toxic and untenable? So best case scenario, we're into some sort of paradox that will prevent true progress from being made.

All this begs the question, what is going through Nicholson's head these days? Does he really think he's the right man for the job? Is he just happy to collect a paycheque for a bit longer? Is he stressed about being in this position?

Why are none of the media able to snag an interview with MacT, Howson, Green, Gretzky, Scott, Chiarelli or any of the other 'wizards' behind the curtain to attempt to decipher the truth of the situation? Has the organization suddenly developed tight communications controls, loose lips sink ships and all that? Seems there have always been leaks and stray comments in the past to give us an idea what is happening, but there are a ton of high-level execs who have been dead silent throughout this entire season. I'm sure Chiarelli has a clause that says if he speaks about the trashfire they'll cancel the rest of his illustrious contract, but is there no way to tap into the other FOLK? C'mon media, don't let hockey-Trump win this battle.
I don’t think it’s an accident these other guys are silent. Most of them have had their turn at being the public face of the organization and became toxic to the market because of it. I don’t think there’s any question Nicholson’s job is being the one that’s trotted out to the media to explain the organization’s position. I also don’t think any of these ideas are his own, mostly because he’s not a nuts and bolts hockey guy and it shows whenever he speaks. He is the quintessential sacrificial lamb for the rest of them and as long as they have one there’s no reason for anybody else to speak.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I don’t think it’s an accident these other guys are silent. Most of them have had their turn at being the public face of the organization and became toxic to the market because of it. I don’t think there’s any question Nicholson’s job is being the one that’s trotted out to the media to explain the organization’s position. I also don’t think any of these ideas are his own, mostly because he’s not a nuts and bolts hockey guy and it shows whenever he speaks. He is the quintessential sacrificial lamb for the rest of them and as long as they have one there’s no reason for anybody else to speak.
Agreed with this. But it's painfully clear that when Katz asked Lowe who to hire to run the org he chose Nicholson from their hockey Canada days Probably a decent idea from Lowe, but the problem was that Nicholson had never led a NHL org Hence he hires the wrong guy, who is compromised by Gretzky and the obc. Disaster ensues..

Reactions: MikeGrier99

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Agreed with this. But it's painfully clear that when Katz asked Lowe who to hire to run the org he chose Nicholson from their hockey Canada days Probably a decent idea from Lowe, but the problem was that Nicholson had never led a NHL org Hence he hires the wrong guy, who is compromised by Gretzky and the obc. Disaster ensues..
You still think Nicholson makes those types of decisions?

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
not sure who gregor was speaking with but he's saying he has a strong feeling from people he's talked to that there will actually be some "significant" house cleaning soon. he thinks one of if not two of howson and macT are gone. he thinks sutter is gone. he thinks the pro scouts are gone. can't remember who else.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
not sure who gregor was speaking with but he's saying he has a strong feeling from people he's talked to that there will actually be some "significant" house cleaning soon. he thinks one of if not two of howson and macT are gone. he thinks sutter is gone. he thinks the pro scouts are gone. can't remember who else.

Bobby Burgers should be kicked to the curb as well...

Reactions: jmco

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011

From listening to Stauffer, I would guess that everyone associated with pro scouting is on their way out but the amateur scouts might survive. Howson's profile on the Oilers website says that he "continues to serve as a pro scout", so I can see him being shown the door. I'm more skeptical about MacT. Didn't Nicholson reference how MacT did a great job with Bakersfield when he was asked about him during the season ticket holder's event?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Fire Messier's brother (Paul messier, pro scout)? I'll believe it when I see it :)

But, maybe, just maybe, the current response on ticket renewals has finally caught Katz's attention and he FINALLY wants this org to get serious.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So...think Bobby Burgers and the gang are still gonna be confident thinking that status quo with Gretzky's bro is enough to get this team back on track? Gotta expect McDavid has a slow start to next year now.

Maybe they think this is an excuse that buys them another season of sitting around with their thumbs up their butts.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Bobby Burgers should be kicked to the curb as well...

This is my problem with fans they don’t see all the complexity behind the scenes, if you fire him you have to rename Bobby Nick’s Grill, change all the signs and don’t expect to be able to buy a Bobby Nick’s Burger anymore. There are many ramifications for of knee jerk decisions the everyday fan does not factor in or is even aware of. The Bobby Nicks special Sauce is a proprietary blend developed by Bob and the chef personally and the organization cannot just keep using it if he’s gone.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
It’s too bad we didn’t finish bottom five so these buffoons would have had to send a representative to the draft lottery again. 7-9 years ago it was considered a honour to be picked as the Oilers rep. Now, not so much.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
believe it when i see it. but ill dance a little jig (or do the floss thing!!) if it happens

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So I'm assuming this Jackass has nothing to worry about? His job is safe?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I hope so. I mean I don’t think they have the parts but I’ll pray there is some truth to this.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
With the management shakeup is anyone else with me for renaming the Bobby Nick’s burger to the Buchberger? If enough of us season ticket holders write in I think we can force the change.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
With the management shakeup is anyone else with me for renaming the Bobby Nick’s burger to the Buchberger? If enough of us season ticket holders write in I think we can force the change.

I think they should consider calling it the Nothing burger.
That better describes the lack of substance Bobby brings to the table.
Not a fan.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Some people in the hockey world demonstrate every time they open their mouths the rampant nepotism in professional hockey, especially in the NHL.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Can they not just recall that dumb overpriced burger and instead put his picture at the bottom of selected urinals around the rink? That way, it will be far easier and more enjoyable when relieving myself after drinking one of the $15 beers. They can call it the Bobby Nicks Bowl.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Every minute this worthless piece of crap is employed is another minute we should be worried about the Oilers future. This imbecile is genuinely a worse executive than Kevin 6 Rings Lowe, at least Lowe had a few good moves here and there like the Pronger/Roloson acquisitions, and never has he made a statement as dumb as "Toby Reider scoring 15 more goals would've put us in the playoffs", and Lowe has made a lot of stupid comments.

He is just as much of a problem as Peter Chiarelli and his unwillingness to turf Chiarelli after disastrous moves like the Reinhart/Hall trades, the signing of Milan Lucic, and then giving Chiarelli time to screw over the team one last time with the Manning/Petrovic moves on the way out are all reasons why our team is in such a dire position. Also Bobby Burgers admitted to being part of the process that resulted in the Koskinen contract so we have proof beyond doubt that he is actively trying to sabotage the team.

We should fire this guy then request 2 extra 1st round picks from the league because Bob Nicholson and Peter Chiarelli have to be on another team's payroll, no other way to explain just how cancerous they've been to this organization.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad