Bobby Burgers

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Does anyone have any faith in Bob Nicholson as the guy to turn this around? The latest video of him speaking at the season ticket holder event was embarrassing.......

What causes me great stress in regards to the future of this franchise is I hear him in interviews explaining things to the “audience” like they/we have never considered or heard of them before....

GM search - we are going to do interviews

GM search - I am going to see what other teams think

GM search - lots of people telling me to take my time with this decision

Analytics - we are aware of them but not as much as 4 years ago......

Development - we are going to let guys over ripen

And then there are the ideas that have blinded this franchise for the past 10 years....

Culture! Culture! We miss Hendricks.

This team went 9-2 so we are a good team - just need character.

His interviews honestly sound like someone faking their way through an interview by using “buzz” words to try and sound like he knows what he is doing.....

These are not new concerns on this site but felt his incompetence needs it’s own thread.

I am convinced the guy has absolutely zero hockey smarts.

I have absolutely zero faith we turn this around.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
I would honestly rather hear a GM tell me about how many cups he has won as opposed to a guy who is openly telling me that his has no f***ing idea what he is doing.

Hey season ticket holders, I am not sure if you are aware of this, but we are totally going to let our prospects ripen in the AHL before calling them up.

Last time I looked for a GM, I honestly didn’t do any research. I just picked a guy I had heard of before. Don’t worry though, this time I am totally going to ask other teams what they would do in our situation.

I can’t imagine any scenario where I would not have fired his ass into the sun if I owned the team.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The other side of this is that its speaking to an audience of hooked fish.

Really anybody still dishing out mega hard earned to be STH is either not paying attention or will suffer through any crap and keep paying. You can say he's insulting the audience but is he?

If people "considered much" about their STH investment by the time 2019 rolled around they wouldn't be STH. Sometimes that deserves to be stated, and in context of this latest thread it does. People aren't expecting much out of their STH bankroll and they're not getting it either. But that's been the case for 19 of the last 21 seasons. If you bought dead perennially failing stock like this you'd be broke.

The Oilers are a bad investment. My advice always is to save your money for something else.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Is Bob ****ing drunk?

Platitude, platitude, platitude.

The funny thing is it felt like he kinda wanted to say "someone who isn't a f***ing moron" but he can't obviously say that, lol. And it seemed like he took a side shot at the Hall trade it felt like (a trade that only worked for one year, need to get a GM that looks at the bigger picture).

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Bob Nicholson seems like a good guy. Having said that I have no faith in him that he will turn this around.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
His speak is being represented as stupid, when infact, it's nice to see some recognition and admission of mistakes, Some full disclosure going on.

I see a guy trying to admit wrong doings, unfortunately, not in the most graceful of manners.

Fans jumping all over it and missing the point...IMO

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Is Bob ****ing drunk?

Platitude, platitude, platitude.

This is your old brain on Alcohol. Or pickled with the stuff. Some people sound like this whether they are impaired or not, as the brain is by then impaired. Often wondered that about Nicholson.

lol that now he outed that they are going from analytics to eyeballs. As in seen em good style. This org forever goes in circles chasing its tail.

If this org made paper clips they would be defective.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
What's funny is, no matter how right or wrong, the admission of culture over skill was a sentiment repeated OVER AND OVER by the fans. Easily the biggest sentiment being repeated at the time

Truly, they gave the fans what they wanted. The failed attempt argument is just a hindsight now.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
His speak is being represented as stupid, when infact, it's nice to see some recognition and admission of mistakes, Some full disclosure going on.

I see a guy trying to admit wrong doings, unfortunately, not in the most graceful of manners.

Fans jumping all over it and missing the point...IMO
The point is he's a f***ing moron that shouldn't be in charge of sharpening pencils.

"ensure that the oilers are notta ta successful.."

looks like he's done that.

WTF?

This is worse than I even imagined.

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
His interviews honestly sound like someone faking their way through an interview by using “buzz” words to try and sound like he knows what he is doing.....
Exactly your typical CEO, guy should be running a company , not a fricken sports team. The guy is so full *%#! It makes me sick to be fan of this team, and a sh**ty owner to boot.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I love how BN says he's asking other teams what they think. I'm sure they're just lining up to give the competition some great intel. If I owned a restaurant, and a rival owner from down the street came and asked me who he should hire to be his master chef, do you think I'd help out my direct competition, or would I tell them Jimmy the crackhead from 4C would be perfect for the job? f***ing clown shoes organization.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Exactly your typical CEO, guy should be running a company , not a fricken sports team. The guy is so full *%#! It makes me sick to be fan of this team, and a sh**ty owner to boot.
He is the CEO of the Oilers Entertainment Group. He is the CEO of a company that does more than just sports

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
The point is he's a ****ing moron that shouldn't be in charge of sharpening pencils.

How did he become so respected in the hockey community then?

Like I said, you can argue ALOT of hindsight decisions, but the plan going forward was something being envied for years

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I love how BN says he's asking other teams what they think. I'm sure they're just lining up to give the competition some great intel. If I owned a restaurant, and a rival owner from down the street came and asked me who he should hire to be his master chef, do you think I'd help out my direct competition, or would I tell them Jimmy the crackhead from 4C would be perfect for the job? ****ing clown shoes organization.
I mean the hockey community is pretty tight knit and lots of guys around the league are good friends.

So they would probably give good advice.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad