Bobby Burgers Interview Rishaug/TSN 1260

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Somehow what was talked about ad nauseam when Chia got hired was his accepting this job without outside interference. Infact, he may have said it in an interview. He took this job b/c he was forced to do things in Boston he didn't want..so he negotiated more control.

4 years later that notion has been abandoned by fans b/c it's unpopular, yet management keeps reinforcing that was infact the case.

Maybe its been abandoned because the evidence (which has surfaced more and more over time) is too obvious to ignore.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Somehow what was talked about ad nauseam when Chia got hired was his accepting this job without outside interference. Infact, he may have said it in an interview. He took this job b/c he was forced to do things in Boston he didn't want..so he negotiated more control.

4 years later that notion has been abandoned by fans b/c it's unpopular, yet management keeps reinforcing that was infact the case.

And that is all possible and plausible.

Bottom line for me is the idiots who were here during Failures 1 and 2 were also here for Failure 3. I don’t care if they had zero input or were puppet masters. They are now part of the shit stains that are Failures 1 through 3.

Time to do the laundry.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Maybe its been abandoned because the evidence (which has surfaced more and more over time) is too obvious to ignore.

What evidence? Nothing more than a few people playing connect the dots

What's more real is the full on admissions by ppl in the org and a couple insiders who actually confirmed Chia had autonomy

But that just gets chalked up to these ppl have sold out and are paid schills lol. How original

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

What's more real is the full on admissions by ppl in the org and a couple insiders who actually confirmed Chia had autonomy

But that just gets chalked up to these ppl have sold out and are paid schills lol. How original

@5 Mins 4 Ftg outlined part of it.

For example...
Maybe you can explain how the Vice President of Hockey Operations has managed to survive in his position for years despite the fact the team has failed as badly as it has?
Do you really believe it has nothing to do with his relationship to Katz?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
@5 Mins 4 Ftg outlined part of it.

For example...
Maybe you can explain how the Vice President of Hockey Operations has managed to survive in his position for years despite the fact the team has failed as badly as it has?
Do you really believe it has nothing to do with his relationship to Katz?

Cuz maybe the VP of operations isn't involved in the day to day of the big club, and is getting tons of credit for the success of the little one?

@5Mins said, he wants people fired for the sake of being fired. That's more than an acceptable opinion, right or wrong

My point is that the people who keep on w/ the notion these guys had secret control all along is just plain false, and as stated by people who actually work there, have admitted

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Stauffer has lost a lot of credibility in the last few weeks I am afraid. He may be telling simple facts about Chiarelli and his perceived autonomy but he has contradicted himself multiple times with how involved or supportive others were.

I do believe Chiarelli built a wall around himself near the end of his reign as he saw the team crumbling around him and enough insiders support this. Nicholson staying more involved with the hockey side supports this as well.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Cuz maybe the VP of operations isn't involved in the day to day of the big club, and is getting tons of credit for the success of the little one?

@5Mins said, he wants people fired for the sake of being fired. That's more than an acceptable opinion, right or wrong

My point is that the people who keep on w/ the notion these guys had secret control all along is just plain false, and as stated by people who actually work there, have admitted

I don’t want firings for firings sake. I want the failures out and want a fresh start with the key pieces of the management group and the number of Vice Presidents and Directors trimmed. We have a top heavy fat arrogant organization. Listening to Nicholson it seems he agrees and that it has to change.

I am hopeful he will find the right people who can impact positive change around the head office.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

So you are rationalizing the fact that MacT survives hockey Ops changes because he only operates the farm team? The same McT that has been reported doing Pro scouting for the last few years?

Serious question...how can you ignore his obvious involvement with the big team?
Where is the evidence to support your position?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
So you are rationalizing the fact that MacT survives hockey Ops changes because he only operates the farm team? The same McT that has been reported doing Pro scouting for the last few years?

Serious question...how can you ignore his obvious involvement with the big team?

So you are ignoring the fact that it's already been admitted that Chia failed to take advice from "other GM's and management"?

Is it not possible Chia shut MacT out also for the most part. ? I ask you this question but my quotations are from Nick and Stauff who already eluded to this

Also, if MacT was shut out, is it not possible what he has been doing recently is actually good work, and the firing/mess of Chia truly has nothing to do w/ him

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So you are ignoring the fact that it's already been admitted that Chia failed to take advice from "other GM's and management"?

Is it not possible Chia shut MacT out also for the most part. ? I ask you this question but my quotations are from Nick and Stauff who already eluded to this

Also, if MacT was shut out, is it not possible what he has been doing recently is actually good work, and the firing/mess of Chia truly has nothing to do w/ him

Just trying to keep things on point here.

Once you answer my questions...I will be happy to move on from my points and answer your questions.

So....regarding MacT's longevity....how can you ignore MacT's obvious involvement with the big team?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Just trying to keep things on point here.

Once you answer my questions...I will be happy to move on from my points and answer your questions.

So....regarding MacT's longevity....how can you ignore MacT's obvious involvement with the big team?

I'll leave it at this. In another thread with a poll, that who knew was actually public voting, 2 ppl got called out for voting the other way. Both eluded to having some inside insight. The rest just blasted them as stupid

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'll leave it at this. In another thread with a poll, that who knew was actually public voting, 2 ppl got called out for voting the other way. Both eluded to having some inside insight. The rest just blasted them as stupid

I cant speak to that except to say that I am not doing anything like that.
I am just respectfully asking you questions. Asking you to support your position.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Maybe the most telling thing was right at the end of the interview. Bob says it's not an excuse, but he has 9 execs reporting to him...and he has to pay more attention to the hockey side now. Maybe he actually was just taking all the oilers stuff for granted, just like his boss has for all these years. It's the easy money maker that needs no attention and just takes care of itself. Suckers will pay no matter what, and hey, we have McDavid so we should at least be in the mix for playoffs every year. He's just been winging it, using his bullcrapping skills to get through interviews relating to the team so far.

Didn't work out as expected, obviously, so now Bob has to do a crash course of how a hockey team should actually be run, and we all have to hope he can figure it out in time, if ever.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Maybe the most telling thing was right at the end of the interview. Bob says it's not an excuse, but he has 9 execs reporting to him...and he has to pay more attention to the hockey side now. Maybe he actually was just taking all the oilers stuff for granted, just like his boss has for all these years. It's the easy money maker that needs no attention and just takes care of itself. Suckers will pay no matter what, and hey, we have McDavid so we should at least be in the mix for playoffs every year. He's just been winging it, using his bullcrapping skills to get through interviews relating to the team so far.

Didn't work out as expected, obviously, so now Bob has to do a crash course of how a hockey team should actually be run, and we all have to hope he can figure it out in time, if ever.

I respect and appreciate the optimism in your take. Its a minority position for sure. :nod:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I cant speak to that except to say that I am not doing anything like that.
I am just respectfully asking you questions. Asking you to support your position.

I have many times. My position is Pizza Bob gave everyone accurate inside info on what went on

The notion he is a schill, trying to save his job or a flat out liar is untrue

This is not me sticking up for him either, just saying he gave everyone some good info, as best as he could anyway. He still has a jiob he needs to protect. But the exaggerated sugar coating ppl are accusing him of is way off base

You want some insight...re listen to what he has said. It's pretty accurate

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I was thinking the same thing when I heard Gregor say that Chiarelli had isolated himself. My first thought was I dont blame him a bit for attempting to quiet some voices who were clearly giving him bogus advice. My second thought was just how dysfunctional this organization is and I wondered if Chia had the authority to make any changes he wanted.

I am not at all defending Chia but did he isolate himself because the trust level just wasnt there for people like MacT. Green and Howsen? All the people he inherited?
Makes sense.

The more information that comes out the more it underscores just how deeply dysfunctional this organization is.
In any event...I need to find some hope here. Hopefully time delivers that. :D

I think Chia isolating himself is more due to him not wanting to listen to anyone else, period. It just so happens he had idiots above him within the Oil also whisper shit to him .

Remember, he became POHO only because he didn't like how things turned out in Boston with Neely coming down on him. Then again, him and his horrible contract management, he kind of needed that micromanagement TBH

Reactions: bobbythebrain

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

I agree. Good interpretation imo

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I have many times. My position is Pizza Bob gave everyone accurate inside info on what went on

The notion he is a schill, trying to save his job or a flat out liar is untrue

This is not me sticking up for him either, just saying he gave everyone some good info, as best as he could anyway. He still has a jiob he needs to protect. But the exaggerated sugar coating ppl are accusing him of is way off base

You want some insight...re listen to what he has said. It's pretty accurate

With all due respect you keep going in different directions here.
I am just asking you to support your position on MacT.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
With all due respect you keep going in different directions here.
I am just asking you to support your position on MacT.

My position he is not responsible for the actions of Chia. I could care less if he gets fired or stays, but calling for his head b/c of 5 years ago for this current mess is irrelevant..imo

It's not wrong for ppl to want a purge, but i don't think it's also necessary, and ill foucused

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

That's basically what I think. Chia ran ship like a lazy f***er he was thinking McDavid, bare min, guaranteed playoffs. In his mind, all he had to do was attempt to recreate a poor man's 2011 Bruins.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
My position he is not responsible for the actions of Chia. I could care less if he gets fired or stays, but calling for his head b/c of 5 years ago for this current mess is irrelevant..imo

It's not wrong for ppl to want a purge, but i don't think it's also necessary

I do think MacT needs to go. Spec kept egging, and still eggs, Stauffer about him and he always tries to brush it off. It's highly probable both MacT and his sidekick Howson still chime in on how the Oilers should be run.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Listening to Stauffer lecture I mean interview Elliott Friedman today about Mike Gillis, I want our next GM to be Mike Gillis.

Now that would make for an interesting radio show.

“If he gets hired here I won’t be kissing his ass”
“I know because you’d be out of a job”

:laugh:

Reactions: Aerrol

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I do think MacT needs to go. Spec kept egging, and still eggs, Stauffer about him and he always tries to brush it off. It's highly probable both MacT and his sidekick Howson still chime in on how the Oilers should be run.

MacT got demoted. His voice was clearly taken away, and by more than a few accounts by upper management, Chia wasn't really listening

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

There is no doubt in my mind they are involved. Howson was photographed at Oilers practice looking oh so concerned with Hitch and KG. It was stated MacT and Howson were ex GMs and would help shoulder the load with KG until a new GM is hired. No question they were part of the Koskinen contract.

Reactions: Aerrol

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

This discussion between you and I was about MacT and how he has been able to survive despite the fact the team has been bad and others have been fired because of it.
You said that maybe MacT was in charge of the farm team and as such he was being kept on because of the good job he has done.

I replied that he has and is doing Pro scouting for the big team. This has been the reality for years now.
His involvement is clearly with the big team...that is perfectly clear.

So I am just asking....regarding MacT's longevity....how can you ignore MacT's obvious involvement with the big team?
How is it that he has been able to evade accountability without being protected by Katz?

I just want to know how you can rationalize what has happened for years now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad