Bob

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Mason had an incredible month, and then tapered off badly. If Bob can go to the end like this it shows well in comparison to Mason.

And it's probably just BS hindsight bias, but Mason played a big slow wall kind of game behind Hitchcock defence, while Bob happens to be nearly technically perfect (still a bit too low in the butterfly) and incredibly athletic. Which one is more sustainable?

Is that just hindsight bias?

No bias imo, you call it the way you see it....

Bobs has worked hard to improve his game since being traded from Philly and he's not narcissistic at all as far as I have observed in the media..... he’s a guy willing to learn and improve imo..

CaliBuck

Nov 15, 2008
Pickerington, OH
I gotta pose the question even though I don't want to but is there any chance the CBJ gives Bobs a rest in this upcoming back to back in ANA/LA and puts Leighton in net for one of those games? I cringe at the thought but...???

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I gotta pose the question even though I don't want to but is there any chance the CBJ gives Bobs a rest in this upcoming back to back in ANA/LA and puts Leighton in net for one of those games? I cringe at the thought but...???
I think this was asked around the trade deadline to the Columbus staff and basically it sounded like it's Bob all the way(no rest, he plays every single game). With every game being a must win, can't afford to go with a backup and take that chance.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I think this was asked around the trade deadline to the Columbus staff and basically it sounded like it's Bob all the way(no rest, he plays every single game). With every game being a must win, can't afford to go with a backup and take that chance.

Bobs better learn to take a rest when he has the chance.... he's playing out the season and even Richards would agree imo....

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Yeah, Richards said they were going with Bob the rest of the way. I'd worry if this were an 82-game season, but it's not.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah, Richards said they were going with Bob the rest of the way. I'd worry if this were an 82-game season, but it's not.

I hope he'll play every game, but 82 games or not he's still going to be playing tired if he plays every game. That second goal tonight wouldn't have happened if he could have popped up faster, perhaps he's tiring.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I hope he'll play every game, but 82 games or not he's still going to be playing tired if he plays every game. That second goal tonight wouldn't have happened if he could have popped up faster, perhaps he's tiring.

Or pissed his teammates forced him to stand up... ??? just saying.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
One thing about the goalie fatigue factor, it's also dependent upon the goaltending style. Butterfly goalies rely more on athleticism, acrobatics, quick movement, reflexes, dropping down for the shot, etc. and I'd figure it's more tiring than for a goalie who relies more on the positioning and other technical attributes. If not managed properly it may wear the goalie out over the course of the season.

Marty Brodeur was a largely butterfly goalie when he came into the league, but with age, perfected the fundamentals and became more of a stand-up goalie. I think that kind of adaptation helped him maintain his endurance and stay competitive even past his prime.

jacketman10

May 18, 2010
Hilliard, OH
No rest for Bob. Are you really gonna sit a goalie that is as hot as he is? In such a tight race for the playoffs? In an 82 game season, of course you give him some days off.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I just wish we could have worked out a small trade for someone like Khabibulin. Still wouldn't mind signing him (for a year or two) this summer.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I'd like to bring up McElhenny for a game if we need to rest Bob. The Falcons have clinched a playoff spot, and I don't think waivers are an issue post-deadline. Let him play in one of the California games and then send him back for the Falcons' playoffs.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'd like to bring up McElhenny for a game if we need to rest Bob. The Falcons have clinched a playoff spot, and I don't think waivers are an issue post-deadline. Let him play in one of the California games and then send him back for the Falcons' playoffs.

I don't see how you could/would do that. Really suggesting we put him in against the Kings, for example, with our playoff futures on the line? Don't think so.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

I'll take "Are you crazy?" for $1000 Alec. :)

Not a chance he sits.

Moch Daear

Jan 9, 2011
I think Mason had a relatively similar stat at one point.

As for Bob, the kid has been tremendous. Looking forward to what his future has. But he has extended great play before. Hopefully each new game is a step in the right direction for the whole team. Bob's outstanding play has this team in a position to do good things. I hope we don't have to keep counting on him to steal games.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I would guess that the net is Bob's as long as the playoffs are still a realistic possibility. Lose one or two and he'll need (and deserve) a well-earned rest.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
Just remember he also played in the KHL as well. Not sure how many games, but probably around 25-30. When you factor that in, he's at about an 82 game season GP-Wise

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I agree he will continue to play so long a the playoffs are a possibility. I also forswear against any complaining during the (hoped-for) playoffs should his play dip because he's gassed.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Just remember he also played in the KHL as well. Not sure how many games, but probably around 25-30. When you factor that in, he's at about an 82 game season GP-Wise

You are correct. He was just as dominant in the KHL, he played for a top team though

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Somebody send that guy

that made the Bobrosky!!!! call & bad joke about how the trade should have been 4 draft picks a rotting mackeral.. dude couldn't have blown that comment worse than he did. I watch that and laugh my ass off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad