Value of: Bo Horvat

Jackpot Jaret

Oct 22, 2014
OP just clearly has some kind of agenda against Horvat, and its funny. 24 year old, 60 point center that keeps getting better and he wants him traded, haha. (Coming from a Penguins fan)

Reactions: bh53

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Huh? Horvat has carried Loui most of the season, had a revolving door of wingers, been tasked with playing against the other teams best line since Sutter and Beagle have failed horribly, Guadette can't be trusted with any sort of match or defensive role and Horvat is on pace for a career best PPG..... And how has he failed as captain? Because he isn't carrying the team on his shoulders? Because he keeps getting forced to defend and never gets a chance to try and go shot for shot vs other lines?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
This thread has gone way off tangent. These discussions are much more appropriate in the player discussion on the Vancouver board.

Hoping some non-Vancouver fans can chime in here and suggest value.

Thanks

Sooo even non-canucks fans telling you your wrong, but your so entrenched in this ridiculous opinion that you can't even see it.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me that even our dumb ass GM wouldn't be stupid enough to think this.

By the way you absolutely proved how little you knew when you said face off % is overrated. WOW​
Nucklehead Supreme, 58 minutes ago Edit Report Bookmark

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
You’re comparing Horvat’s first 6 seasons to Legwand’s first 6 and ignoring one of the biggest differences. Legwand played his first 6 seasons in the NHL’s infamous “Dead Puck Era”. Scoring was way down during that time. In contrast, scoring league wide has been up substantially over the last few seasons. Especially compared to the dead puck era. Trying to compare their numbers over the first 6 seasons of each of their careers is not an accurate benchmark.

Horvat is probably the better offensive player, but there isn’t nearly as big a gap as you say there is.
dead puck and most of 2008-2014 ish were the same for scoring . idk if you noticed but tavares and benn fighting for the ross with 90 ish points wasnt great

Reactions: bh53

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
If OP wanted to just guage Horvat's worth, ok. But to seriously think that Gaudette is on Horvat's level....
giphy.gif

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Yes let’s trade the guy in his first year of captaincy he is such a failure, Edmonton should trade McDavid too makes sense... :huh::thumbd::laugh:... maybe swap the two? What do you say Oiler fans???

Edit: Forgot McDavid actually made the playoffs the year he was made captain. *Fail* on my part. But still this is a dumb thread.

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Let’s try to get this thread back on track a bit. What would you offer?

Would def be tempted by Backlund and one of Andersson or Hanifin.

I'm not sure I would be offering Backlund + Hanifin. I would definitely do Jankowski + Hanifin + cond. 2nd/1st (if Flames make it to the Conference Finals in 2021).

If Hughes can play RD, he and Hanifin would be a decent pairing. Otherwise, Hanifin as a #3 is solid.

Reactions: Diamonddog01

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I'm not sure I would be offering Backlund + Hanifin. I would definitely do Jankowski + Hanifin + cond. 2nd/1st (if Flames make it to the Conference Finals in 2021).

If Hughes can play RD, he and Hanifin would be a decent pairing. Otherwise, Hanifin as a #3 is solid.

No interest in Jankowski so we may be at a bit of an impasse. What are your thoughts on Backlund + Andersson? Or what do you think Van would need to add for Backlund + Hanafin?

No reason to split Hughes and Tanev up, seeking an LD to play with Myers.

Last edited:

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
He’s a winger. Just stop. You’re making people mad posting fake news about a player you obviously know nothing about. Bo will play another 10 years minimum with the Canucks. He’s our #2.
Strictly speaking he’s signed for another 3 seasons. It’s likely he’ll re-sign, but there’s no guarantee

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Strictly speaking he’s signed for another 3 seasons. It’s likely he’ll re-sign, but there’s no guarantee
Name a player that’s left his team in his prime after just being named captain 3 years prior? Especially being drafted and developed by that team. I see what you’re saying as it’s not literally a guarantee, but it’s the closest you’re going to get.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Name a player that’s left his team in his prime after just being named captain 3 years prior? Especially being drafted and developed by that team. I see what you’re saying as it’s not literally a guarantee, but it’s the closest you’re going to get.
I doubt it happens. But it would be 4 seasons after being named captain. and without doing much research I can tell you John Taveres left the Islanders 5 years after being named captain (when the 6 year contract he was on expired and he hit UFA for the first time). So while it’s unlikely. It’s not totally without precedent

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I doubt it happens. But it would be 4 seasons after being named captain. and without doing much research I can tell you John Taveres left the Islanders 5 years after being named captain (when the 6 year contract he was on expired and he hit UFA for the first time). So while it’s unlikely. It’s not totally without precedent
Fair enough. Bo is different though ;)

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Fair enough. Bo is different though ;)
I’d say the situation will be radically different. The islanders were a bit of a tire fire when Taveres chose to leave. The Canucks are currently on the upswing. If they continue to improve over the next t 3 years to become a legit threat then there’s likely zero reason hat he would leave. But if they flounder and are still a team struggling to be relevant. He may look to greener pastures (no pun intended).

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
He’s a winger. Just stop. You’re making people mad posting fake news about a player you obviously know nothing about. Bo will play another 10 years minimum with the Canucks. He’s our #2.

Okay, calm down. Bo won't go anywhere, just because an innocent Flames fan desires to have him in his roster. There's nothing wrong with that; get a grip. It's not you reject each and every opinion you don't like saying it's fake news. o_O

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Not sure I agree with the premise of the thread but #2 Cs are always in high demand at the deadline, probably a pick, player and prospect kind of return. Not a fit for my team so I can't make a custom offer.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
LOL. Have you ever seen the history of almost every player to ever have played in the NHL?

Pssst: Never say never.

;)

I apologize for some Canucks fans thinking Bo is definitely a Canuck for life, even though the team might trade him in the future. You don't need to reply to every one of them, not that I'm criticizing you.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Okay, calm down. Bo won't go anywhere, just because an innocent Flames fan desires to have him in his roster. There's nothing wrong with that; get a grip. It's not you reject each and every opinion you don't like saying it's fake news. o_O
What are you even talking about. He said Bo Horvat has been terrible and has “failed as a captain” LMAO. That’s called spreading fake news because it’s not true. That’s not an opinion that’s fact.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad