Value of: Bo Horvat

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
What are you even talking about. He said Bo Horvat has been terrible and has “failed as a captain” LMAO. That’s called spreading fake news because it’s not true. That’s not an opinion that’s fact.

Oh, what? Horvat's a higly-skilled captain. He could've been one of our best players for our good run at the Cup this year. I didn't know what he was smoking there. :laugh:

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Exactly that’s what I was commenting on man. Read the first post on this thread!

That guy knows nothing about Horvat. In fact, he's not even a part of our fan for saying that. We're benefitting so much from him, and he could've been a good second-line center for our run for the playoffs.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Not sure I agree with the premise of the thread but #2 Cs are always in high demand at the deadline, probably a pick, player and prospect kind of return. Not a fit for my team so I can't make a custom offer.

Don't think a deadline deal makes sense to be honest, but yeah Vancouver and Toronto generally aren't great trading partners and less so here.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
OP is out to lunch on this.

We'd be a bottom 5 team if we traded Horvat and didn't receive a #2 centre in return. Gaudette is being sheltered and is being deployed offensively. His defensive game has leaps and bounds to go before he can replace Horvat. Horvat currently is deployed to face all the tough matchups, Gaudette hasn't even gotten a taste of that yet.

Just a really poorly thought-out thread, it doesn't make any sense for the team. There aren't many posters on this forum who would do worse than Jim Benning as GM, but OP appears to be one of them.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Lowry or Copp (your choice) to fill your 3C spot, Niku and the Jets 2021 1st.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Came to this thread to see if it’s legit. Looks like it’s not. You need the player.
The only thing the Rangers could offer you is Strome. He’s a 2nd or 3rd line center or right wing. He’s a rfa probably looking for 5 mill +. We’re looking for a 1ld as well so probably no help.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Just wondering what other teams would offer for Horvat? He was given the captaincy far too prematurely and has failed in that role. Adam Gaudette is knocking on the door and would be better in a 2nd line C role as opposed to where he is currently slotted.

What would other fans offer? I think Van needs a very good LD and/or a good 3rd line C to replace Gaudette's spot if he is bumped up.

While i do somewhat agree it was a year too early for Bo to be captain (should have run with three A this year) - the all around type of player he is and the potential for more that just drips out of him likely puts him in the group of most untouchable centermen under 25 in the league

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
What would be the asking price from the Wings for Horvat (career 50.65pt avg./82gp)? That's baseline 2C offensive production. I'm sure he has room to improve, how is he defensively? Speed?

2021 1st (top 3 protected)? +prospect(s)?
(50% retention on any roster players available)

Not available barring drastic overpayment: (Seider, Zadina, Veleno, Larkin/Mantha/Bertuzzi/Fabbri/Hronek) as we're so bereft of talent at all positions, we'd be creating 1 hole to fill another.

Some of our decent to good (but not top 3 prospects) are: J.McIsaac, J.Berggren, A.Tuomisto, A.Johansson, G.Lindstrom, M.Rasmussen, D.Cholowski needs more AHL time, E.Svechnikov when his knee fully heals, R.Mastrosimone.

All of them have/are: Top6 F/Top4 D potentials. Based on reports throughout this season, personally I'm really high on: J.McIsaac, J.Berggren, A.Tuomisto, A.Johansson, G.Lindstrom, M.Rasmussen.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Just wondering what other teams would offer for Horvat? He was given the captaincy far too prematurely and has failed in that role. Adam Gaudette is knocking on the door and would be better in a 2nd line C role as opposed to where he is currently slotted.

What would other fans offer? I think Van needs a very good LD and/or a good 3rd line C to replace Gaudette's spot if he is bumped up.
How about Oliver Ekman-Larsson for Horvat? Or OEL+Stepan(50%) for Horvat+Edler?

Nov 1, 2011
Isn't horvat the 3'rd most important player for Vancouver only behind Hughes at Pettersson?

Yes.

Also, was named captain this year at 24, so the coach and GM love him.

Also, takes the 3rd most face-offs in the league - so the coach deploys him in important situations defensively and offensively.

Therefore, this thread makes no sense, a competing Canucks team does not trade Horvat unless it's for an upgrade straight up.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Or something like OEL+Grabner for Horvat+Eriksson?

OEL is a fantastic piece, but he doesn't move the needle for me, at least for Horvat. We have two defenseman we can't feed enough minutes to in Edler and Hughes, and he isn't enough of an upgrade on either to mitigate losing Horvat.

rt

May 13, 2004
OEL is a fantastic piece, but he doesn't move the needle for me, at least for Horvat. We have two defenseman we can't feed enough minutes to in Edler and Hughes, and he isn't enough of an upgrade on either to mitigate losing Horvat.
That’s what I would have thought but earlier in the thread they were talking about wanting an LD. Didn’t make sense to me with what seems like good LD already. I don’t know if someone was underperforming or someone had been switched to their offside or what. Haha. :)

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
That’s what I would have thought but earlier in the thread they were talking about wanting an LD. Didn’t make sense to me with what seems like good LD already. I don’t know if someone was underperforming or someone had been switched to their offside or what. Haha. :)

No, no, none taken. As I said OEL is a great player, but this whole thread seems to be kept alive out of boredom. Horvat as a center is more valuable than almost any LHD in the league to us, because we have two very good top four options. Our LHD depth is good at the NHL level, but we could possibly use a depth player or two. RHD is deep with us, but Myers, Tanev and Stecher make up our top three, so a star could be of use there.

A RHD (an elite RHD mind you) might open a dialogue, but it would all be pointless, as Horvat is our captain, does everything for us, and is signed to a sweet deal for his contributions.

rt

May 13, 2004
I guess I’ll just have to hope that Hayton or Dvorak can become Horvat. If you smoosh up their names, it sounds like Horvat, anyway. LOL.
No, no, none taken. As I said OEL is a great player, but this whole thread seems to be kept alive out of boredom. Horvat as a center is more valuable than almost any LHD in the league to us, because we have two very good top four options. Our LHD depth is good at the NHL level, but we could possibly use a depth player or two. RHD is deep with us, but Myers, Tanev and Stecher make up our top three, so a star could be of use there.

A RHD (an elite RHD mind you) might open a dialogue, but it would all be pointless, as Horvat is our captain, does everything for us, and is signed to a sweet deal for his contributions.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I guess I’ll just have to hope that Hayton or Dvorak can become Horvat. If you smoosh up their names, it sounds like Horvat, anyway. LOL.

Hayorak? I mean Dvorton strikes the ear better I think, but it doesn't sound like Horvat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad