Half-Assed GDT: Blues Vs Stars - Preseason game #5

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
How is our PP so bad? It actually doesn't make sense.
Right. I’m not a professional coach, but coming up with a power play that is halfway decent should be one of the easier things to do. Especially when you have a good roster, it’s not rocket science.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
The Blues core PP philosophy seems to simply be getting the puck to the net, and I'm honestly not sure they see things like point shots and jam plays as (relatively) inferior ways to accomplish that goal.

Well, they are.

A PP needs to find ways to be dangerous with that initial shot. You'll score on them more often, and the goaltender will have harder times controlling rebounds when you don't.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I expect to see more urgency from the players trying to make the roster. Blais and Kyrou have played fine. Thomas, Barbashev, & Sundqvist aren't on the ice a lot but I'm not seeing the effort level I'd expect.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Nice play by Schwartz to start the play and the one timer from someone who can hit the net in O'Reilly

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Walman with a terrible turnover at the defensive blue line, then Bozak follows it up with a weak backhand clearing attempt that was picked off at the line as well. Not the best shift ever.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
good hustle by Tarasenko to chase the puck down... that's what I'm wanting to see from the rookies

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Perron, Schwartz, Blais, Schenn, Pietrangelo on the next unit.

No Kyrou or Thomas in the regular season is a mistake, IMO. The Blues need one of those guys on the left half wall.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Schwartz is snake bit already lol... negative on penalty shot, open net, and breaking stick + falling down trying a slapper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad