The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
cut.jpg

When: Saturday, Feb. 20 at 6 p.m. CT
Where: Enterprise Center
Watch: FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports GO (Free on NHL TV)
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App

:blues
Projected lineups

Kyrou-O'Reilly-Perron
Sanford-Schenn-Hoffman
Poganski-Sundqvist-Blais
Clifford-de la Rose-MacEachern

Krug-Faulk
Gunnarsson-Scandella
Dunn-Mikkola

Binnington

VS.
:sharks
Kane-Couture-Labanc
Balcers-Hertl-Meier
Donato-Gambrell-Leonard
Nieto-Marleau-Noesen

Ferraro-Burns
Knyzhov-Vlasic
Claesson-Meloche

Jones

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Jeez, I think we might be lucky to win this one even though we're playing the Sharks. Man that's the worse lineup we've had in a while

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
If my check of the game logs is correct this is the one year anniversary of the last Binnington shutout. Obviously a lot of games lost the last 12 months, so this sounds more dramatic then it is but we sure could use him stealing one. Not saying he’s been bad either, just that it would be nice if he could carry this poor group of forwards for a game or two.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
If my check of the game logs is correct this is the one year anniversary of the last Binnington shutout. Obviously a lot of games lost the last 12 months, so this sounds more dramatic then it is but we sure could use him stealing one. Not saying he’s been bad either, just that it would be nice if he could carry this poor group of forwards for a game or two.

I would argue that if he had not already been carrying them that we would be a lot closer to last in the west with how poorly we have actually played.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Not worried about the lineup. The Blues play like Zombie robots. Injure us all you want, we're just going to keep coming. In fact, having guys from the bottom of the depth chart on the ice probably makes us more difficult to play against. Scoring might be an issue, but there might not be a fish left standing after the game.
OIP.77C5uGWdSYoK1NMaRyrlZQHaJl

vs
OIP.nnt7LQ6Nurb4lQEP_T0mEwHaFj

Who's up for some fish 'n chips?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
For some perspective...

We have Jordan Kyrou on the first line because Tarasenko, Schwartz, Thomas, Bozak and Barbashev are injured. We’re a little concerned about the effect these injuries are having on our lineup.

The Sharks have Rüdolfs Balcers on their first line despite having no injuries at forward. This is just what they’ve become. They have two, maybe three guys who could crack our Top 6 when everyone is healthy. Their D is old and overpaid, paired with young and completely unproven. Goaltending is a tandem of crappy and crappier.

So take a minute to think about the Sharks if you’re tempted to complain about our roster.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Not worried about the lineup. The Blues play like Zombie robots. Injure us all you want, we're just going to keep coming. In fact, having guys from the bottom of the depth chart on the ice probably makes us more difficult to play against. Scoring might be an issue, but there might not be a fish left standing after the game.
OIP.77C5uGWdSYoK1NMaRyrlZQHaJl

vs
OIP.nnt7LQ6Nurb4lQEP_T0mEwHaFj

Who's up for some fish 'n chips?

Yeah, I'm not terribly worried but scoring is a bit of a concern. We need someone besides Perron, Hoffman, Schenn and Kyrou to step up and start scoring some goals. Seems like those 4 have like 95% of our goals lately.

The injuries are frustrating but it's kind of fun to see these fringe guys get a chance to show what they can do. Guys like Poganski, DLR, Mac don't get so many chances so why wouldn't they play their butts off to impress the coaching staff? That also means guys like Sunny, Sanford, and Blais have bigger roles and more expecations than usual. Would be a great confidence builder to sweep this 2-game series with so many guys out.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoMoBlues

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
For some perspective...

We have Jordan Kyrou on the first line because Tarasenko, Schwartz, Thomas, Bozak and Barbashev are injured. We’re a little concerned about the effect these injuries are having on our lineup.

The Sharks have Rüdolfs Balcers on their first line despite having no injuries at forward. This is just what they’ve become. They have two, maybe three guys who could crack our Top 6 when everyone is healthy. Their D is old and overpaid, paired with young and completely unproven. Goaltending is a tandem of crappy and crappier.

So take a minute to think about the Sharks if you’re tempted to complain about our roster.

Seriously, it makes me take pause and wait patiently for our guys to heal up.

Reactions: Blueston

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
For some perspective...

The Sharks are a team that's beginning a rebuild, we're trying to contend. Using the two rosters as measuring sticks isn't really helpful in anyway way.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The Sharks are a team that's beginning a rebuild, we're trying to contend. Using the two rosters as measuring sticks isn't really helpful in anyway way.
I certainly think this is a relevant comparison given that both teams were in the WCF less than two years ago, with the Sharks having home ice advantage. The relevance of the comparison is in the way it reflects on how some of our GM’s decisions are scrutinized versus the alternative we see on the other end of the ice. I mean that not just in the sense of the Sharks (over)paying Karlsson versus Army drawing a line with Petro, but in the organizational philosophies of building around a few stars versus building around quality depth.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I know these are projected lineups, but I have some issues. Dunn and Bortuzzo both had a rough game Thurs, but Bortuzzo sits and Dunn is in? This is particularly weird when we are already down a RD in Parayko. So two defensemen play their off-side? Also, Poganski is a RHS,so he and Blais should switch sides. I do understand that we have a lot of injuries, however.

Reactions: Ranksu

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Thread reported for having the incorrect opponent. We are playing the San Arizona Coyotesharks. Please correct ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad