GDT: Blues vs. San Jose|Walking Wounded| 6pm, FSMW|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I certainly think this is a relevant comparison given that both teams were in the WCF less than two years ago, with the Sharks having home ice advantage. The relevance of the comparison is in the way it reflects on how some of our GM’s decisions are scrutinized versus the alternative we see on the other end of the ice. I mean that not just in the sense of the Sharks (over)paying Karlsson versus Army drawing a line with Petro, but in the organizational philosophies of building around a few stars versus building around quality depth.

The Sharks were fine from years of replacing depth from within and were perennial division leaders and contenders. The forward situation looks the way it does because their cornerstone players for decades are now 42 and 41. Karlsson having a huge contract and being perennially injured hurts, but it wouldn't matter as much of the core hadn't aged out of their roles. They'd be finding themselves in this situation whether they had Karlsson or Pavelski instead. The Blues aren't at the stage where their best players are declining and won't be there for 3-6 more years. You can talk about the philosophy of attempting to ride your superstars until you're out of contention vs retooling, but that's a judgement call based on the personnel you have and we've yet to see how and if it will work out for us.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I know these are projected lineups, but I have some issues. Dunn and Bortuzzo both had a rough game Thurs, but Bortuzzo sits and Dunn is in? This is particularly weird when we are already down a RD in Parayko. So two defensemen play their off-side? Also, Poganski is a RHS,so he and Blais should switch sides. I do understand that we have a lot of injuries, however.
Borts is playing. Mikkola is not. Lineup above is wrong.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Just forgot about the early start and Blais is the first Blue on the covid list. I hope he will be fine and Blues can't catch a break.

Let's go Blues!!

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
No offense to Berube or anything, but if you're not gonna play Walman more than 6 minutes, dont even dress him lmao

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
This is really the type of game you suit up Mikkola for. You gotta pin these guys to the board and muck that puck out of the zone

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad