GDT: Blues vs. San Jose|Walking Wounded| 6pm, FSMW|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I want more consistency out of Sanford too, but am I the on,y one who saw him fight to the front of the net and get a sweet tip in goal last night? Why sit him when he’s starting to do that? I want that physicality from him in the offensive zone.
I see that, too, but it’s just honestly more of what makes Sanford, Sanford: right-place right-time at the exact moment where you’re about to give up on him. He cost us at least two goals last night.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I expected worse, the injury bug is no joke. I would have preferred a point or two out of this one, and understand that this team is crippled with injury right now. I mean come on, the sharts had trouble with "this" team. lol

Second period got a little wild. Kyrou is really coming into his own, his speed and vision is beginning to show, and he really started to click with Schenn tonight.
And the thing is, Kyrou is all over the ice, not scoring on breakaways or the powerplay, and his defense has been excellent especially along the boards and in the neutral zone. This is a complete player that is just getting started. He’s not even a sniper, though he has obviously been working on his shot. He will become a star player, with the chance to become a superstar on some nights if he continues to progress.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Puck Luck

Jan 13, 2021
watching live, I thought the Shark's zone entry on the 5th goal was offside, but nobody said anything and they never reviewed it. It had to be at least close

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Sanford has been extremely disappointing. It’s like all the progress he made in certain areas last year has just vanished. He’s not playing physical at all and he’s not being hard on pucks.

The crazy thing too is that he told Panger he added like 8 pounds of muscle in the offseason. I’m really wondering if that’s true because he doesn’t look any bigger, and he’s also somehow gotten EASIER to knock off the puck. I’ve seen him fall down so much this year it’s insane.

He’s not providing anything. Now is the perfect time for him to produce some offense and he’s not doing that, and his possession numbers are brutal.

We definitely need Schwartz back and Blais would be nice too but Blais can never stay healthy enough to stay in the lineup. I was really hoping one of Sanford or Blais would take a step forward this year and really take a firm grasp on a lineup spot but it doesn’t look like that will happen.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
You can be the strongest player in the league, and it won't mean anything if you dont actually try. If he indeed added muscle, he isn't putting it to use, he's just thinking " well, i'm stronger so I shouldn't have to try as hard as I used to"

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Adding muscle can be a detriment to mobility and balance if it is done incorrectly. I am not saying that is Sanford’s case, but it happens. Case in point, Tarasenko has become less mobile by adding too much muscle and I believe it has come at the expense of his endurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->