GDT: Blues vs Ottawa ... some time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Bernie just said everything I just posted a few minutes ago. CHOOSE YOUR WORDS BETTER NEXT TIME, USE IT AS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE AND GET BETTER.

Maybe we are just of The Old Breed, this new generation is kitten soft and needs to have their hands held and read a good night story before tucking them in at night.

It's really sad that you are right....

When all these clueless fans doing it drive him to request a trade, they better not be pissed seeing him be a perennial 40 goal scorer wherever he lands.
He can score 40 goals all he wants, he will never be a key cog on a winning team with the way he plays all around.

He is a complementary player who is in over his head on this team as "the guy".

• Haha
Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
It's really sad that you are right....

When all these clueless fans doing it drive him to request a trade, they better not be pissed seeing him be a perennial 40 goal scorer wherever he lands.

Please...the fans are 100% on this...they have skin in the game...they are PAYING a premium to be there.

They also know that their season tickets help to pay this...

Kyrou.png

They also don't appreciate "no comment" and "he's not my coach anymore"...

Classless kid.

Reactions: TheDizee

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I’m sure he’ll get called a soft p***y for this…

You know how it goes. That's the thing with people like that. Their behavior is very predictable.

I'll be pretty ashamed of this fanbase if they run a 25 year old player with Kyrou's potential out of town because of this BS. But, generally I think pretty highly of St. Louis sports fans, so I think this will be short lived as long as he keeps putting in the work to get better.

Reactions: Blueston

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
That was hard to watch. My guess is the emotion was real and caused from getting bop’s. I’m not sold on him thinking he respects Chief a lot but it doesn’t really matter to me. He screwed up by making public comments and hopefully the fans turn the page.
Best way for fans to turn the page?

PUT THE PUCK IN THE NET AND DO WHAT YOU ARE PAID TO DO!

St Louis loved Bo Hart and Rex Hudler FFS, all you have to do is WORK/PLAY HARD and HUSTLE.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
That was hard to watch.

Kyrou shouldn’t feel that bad though. The collective IQ of Blues fans at the Enterprise Center is very low.

That was hard to watch.

Kyrou shouldn’t feel that bad though. The collective IQ of Blues fans at the Enterprise Center is very low.

Yea...maybe we should question them paying top dollar to be there given the IQ of some of the players...especially ones lined up to make $65M and can't even say "I wish Coach Berube success moving forward."

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Please...the fans are 100% on this...they have skin in the game...they are PAYING a premium to be there.

They also know that their season tickets help to pay this...

View attachment 783773
I'm not saying he hasn't been underperforming this season, the goals are not getting scored by him right now. And there was a good portion of the game he was forcing plays that just weren't there tonight.

He'll likely never be the best defensive forward on the team either. But I think a younger player like him will continue growing into his expanded role, I'd be shocked if he's not playing up to his contract by the end of it and even by the end of this season.

Edit: I'm also not shocked by a young player trying to no comment his way through an interview about an NHL coaching change the first time he's really in the spotlight for it. Outside of his growth on the ice, he will also grow off the ice, and handling the media as he is in the ever increasing spotlight will come to him. Last time the Blues changed coaches in 18-19 he was never going to be the one in the press scrum as he was just coming into the team at the time and playing most of that year in San Antonio.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I'm really disappointed in a lot of Blues fans. I have been critical of Kyrou, but that post game interview was hard to watch. He just doesn't deserve that.

Oh come on......maybe we should be disappointed in many of you.

The kid is going to make $65M, he's under-performing, and he can't even say one nice word about the fired coach who brought the Cup to STL? All he can say is "no comment" and "he's not my coach anymore"?

Please...put your big boy pants on.

The fans there work their asses off in 9-5 jobs and they are spending top dollar to be there. They don't like seeing their old coach disrespected like that...especially from a youngster who under-performs. They can boo...he can go count his money...and maybe hire a PR coach.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
That was hard to watch. My guess is the emotion was real and caused from getting bop’s. I’m not sold on him thinking he respects Chief a lot but it doesn’t really matter to me. He screwed up by making public comments and hopefully the fans turn the page.

He said no comment to a reporter who posted it out of context without listing the question he actually asked. Give me a f***ing break "he screwed up by making a public comment of no comment that wasn't public:.

Reactions: Blueston and mk80

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
"I wish Coach Berube success moving forward"

Repeat after me, Jordan...

It must be a generational thing, some of you are just soft.

This is a good lesson for Jordan. With all that money comes....RESPONSIBILITY....on and off the ice.

Sometimes these lessons are learned the hard way...by failure.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

Repeat after me, Jordan...
Easier to just cry in front of cameras and get sympathy for his pathetic play and justifiable reasons for being booed by PAYING CUSTOMERS. This is what narcissists do BTW, try to play victim when they are the reason shit hits the fan.

If I have a bad experience at a store, have a bad food order or watch a athletic millionaire constantly underperform for the second year in a row while being a lazy bum the entire time, customers have EVERY RIGHT to boo and talk about how poor the product is.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Oh good lord. He's a narcissist now?
He ALWAYS has made it about himself, hes it not a team player like Steen, Backes, even Petro who came before him were. Even today, "NO COMMENT, NOT MY PROBLEM"

He is a selfish entitled prima donna and IMO is a clubhouse cancer which is what was reported last year as well.

"Did the big contract play into how Kyrou played? The Athletic reported early this season that teammates were frustrated that he had gotten the big payday before really proving himself.

Rutherford also said on the radio interview specifically that teammates were bothered that a guy that doesn't put in the effort, doesn't practice correctly and hasn't put in his time, is now making more than any player on the team."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad