GDT: Blues vs Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
well...he's also played a lot fewer games too...so...yeah math and stuff...

Yeah, but like half of Cole's games he's played bad and he makes mistakes every other shift. I'd say Butler has only had a couple bad games and is much better at getting the job done and not screwing up by trying to do too much.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Yeah, but like half of Cole's games he's played bad and he makes mistakes every other shift. I'd say Butler has only had a couple bad games and is much better at getting the job done and not screwing up by trying to do too much.

making a bad play != having a bad game . Cole had that one **** up this game and it seems like you are trying to tell me that he's playing poorly today

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I think this is over-stating things a bit with regards to Cole.

Butler made a couple of big plays and it earned him some regular ice time. He played a horrible game and it earned him the bench.

Butler might complement Jackman a bit better than Cole in some ways, but I don't think he's locked up a top 6 playoff role by any stretch of the imagination.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
making a bad play != having a bad game . Cole had that one **** up this game and it seems like you are trying to tell me that he's playing poorly today

Yes a mistake that almost cost a goal. Other than that he's been fine. And I'm not tying mistakes to bad games, im saying Cole simply makes more mistakes from what I've seen.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I think this is over-stating things a bit with regards to Cole.

Butler made a couple of big plays and it earned him some regular ice time. He played a horrible game and it earned him the bench.

Butler might complement Jackman a bit better than Cole in some ways, but I don't think he's locked up a top 6 playoff role by any stretch of the imagination.

I'd much rather have a third D pairing guy that gets the job done and makes little to no mistakes (kinda like Jackman) than a guy who makes a few big plays and then a few big mistakes.

Cole just scares me sometimes.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I'd much rather have a third D pairing guy that gets the job done and makes little to no mistakes (kinda like Jackman) than a guy who makes a few big plays and then a few big mistakes.

Jackman makes huge mistakes, quite often actually

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

Butler has made a bunch of mistakes in his games this year, and I think he has been much better than what we all expected. So if he is making mistakes while on his A+ game, what happens when he starts to fall back to his average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad