GDT: Blues vs Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Jackman makes bad passes that cost us occassionally. Cole takes bad penalties that either cost us on the PK or later when we're exhausted by it. When it comes to confidence, I have confidence in Jackman, Butler, Linbohm, Cole, in that order. Whether supported by facts or not, I just don't trust Cole even if he is playing well.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I know we're winning but I've been cleaning my room and doing other things during the course of this game. It's hard to invest in a game against the Oilers.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
disclaimer* I like Jake Allen - this comment is not about Allen

So those who were saying Elliott should have had that Skinner goal, do you think Allen should have had that one? honest question

Mzeppelin1

Apr 26, 2014
thanks cole. for making this game interesting. i mean 4-1 is boring but 4-2 is exciting as ****

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I'd much rather have a third D pairing guy that gets the job done and makes little to no mistakes (kinda like Jackman) than a guy who makes a few big plays and then a few big mistakes.

Cole just scares me sometimes.
Butler's been decently solid with us for the most part, but his overall NHL career suggests that he should scare you as well.

Jackman is a very solid 3rd pairing option at this point in his career. His relative lack of mobility can be exploited by faster teams, and his transition play isn't ideal, but he's fine considering his role.

Butler is more mobile than Cole and better in transition, so that complements Jackman fairly nicely. I think Cole is more physical than Butler, and generally better in front of his net and in the offensive zone, so he has his positives as well. Both are prone to the odd mistake...just play whichever one's strengths are a bigger advantage against an opponent (or who is making fewer mistakes).

Definitely wouldn't trade one or the other at this point. Defensive depth is important.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Butler has made a bunch of mistakes in his games this year, and I think he has been much better than what we all expected. So if he is making mistakes while on his A+ game, what happens when he starts to fall back to his average?

Then he will be on the same level as Cole. Then you play whoever is doing better. Right now Butler is better AND currently playing better.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
disclaimer* I like Jake Allen - this comment is not about Allen

So those who were saying Elliott should have had that Skinner goal, do you think Allen should have had that one? honest question

Unless he was absolutely screened...yes

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Then he will be on the same level as Cole. Then you play whoever is doing better. Right now Butler is better AND currently playing better.

yeah I agree. Both guys are approximately on the same level so you play whoever is better. And Butler was absolutely atrocious last game, hence Cole

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I know we're winning but I've been cleaning my room and doing other things during the course of this game. It's hard to invest in a game against the Oilers.

haha Ive actually been cleaning my apartment while watching too so I know exactly what you mean

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Butler's been decently solid with us for the most part, but his overall NHL career suggests that he should scare you as well.

Jackman is a very solid 3rd pairing option at this point in his career. His relative lack of mobility can be exploited by faster teams, and his transition play isn't ideal, but he's fine considering his role.

Butler is more mobile than Cole and better in transition, so that complements Jackman fairly nicely. I think Cole is more physical than Butler, and generally better in front of his net and in the offensive zone, so he has his positives as well. Both are prone to the odd mistake...just play whichever one's strengths are a bigger advantage against an opponent (or who is making fewer mistakes).

Definitely wouldn't trade one or the other at this point. Defensive depth is important.

Completely agree. He stays until the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad