GDT: Blues vs Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I would like to see Reaves fight Gazdic to see how he fares.

You don't need to worry about giving the Oilers momentum, lol...

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
I look forward to Thursday when we actually get to play a competent team. This run against bad teams is masking some issues that are still very present.

Agreed. The problems we've been running into against the big teams aren't gone. But I'm hoping playing good hockey lately means we're working on the chemistry and systems to beat the big fish.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
1st period, selfish Tarasenko needs to come out and play full-time. That line feeds off of him being that way, as much as any other aspect they have going. He played a great game, but, there's a distinguishable difference in his game when he's trying to feed the other two vs. creating space himself.

Not complaining. Just hoping.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think he can beat a true Heavyweight like Gazdic, I don't think they ever fought in the AHL when they were both down there
They didn't.

It would be a good scrap. Gazdic is definitely one of the top fighters in the NHL. Reaves is right up there but what Gazdic has done gives him the edge, it's impressive.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
1st period, selfish Tarasenko needs to come out and play full-time. That line feeds off of him being that way, as much as any other aspect they have going. He played a great game, but, there's a distinguishable difference in his game when he's trying to feed the other two vs. creating space himself.

Not complaining. Just hoping.

Schwartz needs to knock it off too. Ive seen him pass up a few prime scoring chances for the pretty pass. Schwartz has a bullet of a shot...he needs to use it.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Schwartz needs to knock it off too. Ive seen him pass up a few prime scoring chances for the pretty pass. Schwartz has a bullet of a shot...he needs to use it.

Agreed, they're both going to need to be in selfish mode by the time the playoffs roll around -- especially if the coverage continues to float Frank's way. That's a lot of extra space that I hope Schwartz uses to get off that shot.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Agreed, they're both going to need to be in selfish mode by the time the playoffs roll around -- especially if the coverage continues to float Frank's way. That's a lot of extra space that I hope Schwartz uses to get off that shot.

Yep, over these last few games, Schwartz has shown a knack for creating space out of no where for himself. He has really seemed to kick his game into another gear. Very very dynamic lately:handclap:

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

Agreed, another thing about the both of them is that they hate to lose and have that killer instinct. I knew Tarasenko had it. Even with one hand last season, he damn near took down the Hawks.

I believe that Schwartz has it too, the guy is relentless.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Honestly, Schwartz should be an All-Star. He is just as important to our success as Tarasenko and Shattenkirk. When he was out we saw the impact. I am a big Tarasenko fan, but that line needs Schwartz to be the killer line that they are when he plays.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I'll answer your question w a question, what if Reaves beats him and gives our team even more momentum what would be wrong w that?

Because there's diminishing returns. The Blues already had everything going for them. The Oilers were demoralized for most of the game. Gadzic getting into a fight only would serve to help the Oil and would do next to nothing for the Blues. There was no point for Reaves to throw down there.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Because there's diminishing returns. The Blues already had everything going for them. The Oilers were demoralized for most of the game. Gadzic getting into a fight only would serve to help the Oil and would do next to nothing for the Blues. There was no point for Reaves to throw down there.

I agree, there was no reason for any of the Blues to fight tonight. Any fight regardless of the outcome would have benefited the Oilers.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hehe, there are only 8 pages in Oilers - Blues thread on Edmonton board. And there are like 10 times more Edmonton fans tham Blues ones on the HF. I bet they would have big problems in the KHL as well. Perhaps a playoffs team but not a contender.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
A Gazdic fight would not have made the Oilers come back from 3-0.

One of these times when Reaves turns a guy like Gazdic down in a situation like that when he should have just dropped em the guy he turns down is just going to start taking runs to get his team a spark and if someone gets hurt the volume of *****ing is going to be incredible, in a 3-0 game why turn it down? I don't think the game has changed that much

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
what I observed from the game tonight...
Yakupov is not even noticeable, noticed him once on the ice and he made a turnover.
Pouliot was a beast, on the PK, anywhere you name it, he played damn good.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
One of these times when Reaves turns a guy like Gazdic down in a situation like that when he should have just dropped em the guy he turns down is just going to start taking runs to get his team a spark and if someone gets hurt the volume of *****ing is going to be incredible, in a 3-0 game why turn it down? I don't think the game has changed that much

Right, a 4th liner that gets 6 minutes a game is just gonna start running opposing players because he didn't get to fight. And even if that does happen, how would it be Reaves' fault when the team is already up 3-0? There's absolutely no benefit to the Blues in this scenario. It seems like you're just trying to find a negative in a rather meaningless situation.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Hehe, there are only 8 pages in Oilers - Blues thread on Edmonton board. And there are like 10 times more Edmonton fans tham Blues ones on the HF. I bet they would have big problems in the KHL as well. Perhaps a playoffs team but not a contender.
I have nothing but empathy for Edmonton fans. I wouldn't wish their situation on any fanbase.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
what I observed from the game tonight...
Yakupov is not even noticeable, noticed him once on the ice and he made a turnover.
Pouliot was a beast, on the PK, anywhere you name it, he played damn good.

Could be an option on the third line for us.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I didn't watch the game.

How Lehterä did look? Should they dropp Lehterä 3rd line and lift up Stastny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad