GDT: Blues vs. Jets| BSMW, 6pm|

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Scandella was rough today. He had like 3-4 passes straight to the Jets players. Our D sucks at passing and getting out of the zone

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
3on3 is a dumb gimmick that was made to pander to casuals, just like how MLB is getting the DH in the NL to pander to casuals.

there was nothing wrong with 4on4 and then a shootout.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
I am not sure that getting a top LHD solves our problems. We just don’t do well with team defense. Our forwards do way too many flybys in the defensive zone.

I have the same reservations however, both Scandella and Mikkola are out of their league on the first pairing so it certainly can’t hurt depending on who we get of course.

The forwards are not helping anything though way to inconsistent on the back check and when we get hemmed in our zone they seem passive.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
I agree. I'd much rather add a couple dependable/consistent pieces on the back end then pay out the ass for one big fish and hope it works out.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm done with the 3 on 3. If they're going to keep it they need to limit the amount of times a team can exit and re-enter the offensive zone on one shift. If I wanted to watch figure skating I'd watch it during the Olympics.
First year of 3 on 3 was such a gong show and so much fun. I would turn on a game that I didn’t care about if it was going to OT because it was so much fun. Even the All Star 3 on 3 was fun. Then coaches got their fingers on it and ruined the fun. Possession is definitely the way to win, but the constant reloads are so boring. Give me a shot clock. f*** it.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
First year of 3 on 3 was such a gong show and so much fun. I would turn on a game that I didn’t care about if it was going to OT because it was so much fun. Even the All Star 3 on 3 was fun. Then coaches got their fingers on it and ruined the fun. Possession is definitely the way to win, but the constant reloads are so boring. Give me a shot clock. f*** it.
A shot clock? Hmmmmmmm…… Not a bad idea.

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
We suck at 3 on 3.

It tilts the ice towards teams with speedy skill guys. Hardly any checking. We aren't built that way.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
3 of 4 points for the weekend is good but anytime you lead after 2 you should win. second time in a few weeks they've blown a lead in the 3rd period.

goaltending was very mediocre today and mediocre goaltending never gets the job done in this league.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
3 of 4 points for the weekend is good but anytime you lead after 2 you should win. second time in a few weeks they've blown a lead in the 3rd period.

goaltending was very mediocre today and mediocre goaltending never gets the job done in this league.

I've never seen someone worse at critiquing something.

Reactions: Blueston

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH

Not anytime you lead after 2 you should win, most times, with all due respect.

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Team had a mental breakdown for about 5 minutes after 25 got crushed. That cost them the lead.

They fought back to take it to OT. The Jets are a better OT team.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
good thing we dont play the jets anymore this season, they got our number.

we clearly need another solid defenseman if we want to make a deep run. scandella is not the answer.

Reactions: Blueston and Robb_K

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I don’t know.

@542365? What say you?

I say face off at center ice.
No clue. Hadn’t really given it much thought, but center ice face off works for me. Reset shot clock on every shot attempt or just on net? Does post count? Not technically a SOG, but the goal is to get teams to press offensively, so it feels weird to not rest when they’re shooting the puck. I know nothing of basketball. If a player throws up an air ball does the shot clock reset, or only if it hits part of the basket?

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I have the same reservations however, both Scandella and Mikkola are out of their league on the first pairing so it certainly can’t hurt depending on who we get of course.

The forwards are not helping anything though way to inconsistent on the back check and when we get hemmed in our zone they seem passive.
I agree. We need another Top 4 LHD, who can handle the puck well and pass well, and have a lot of confidence carrying the puck in his own zone, and will be poised when under a lot of pressure. That will help a lot, regardless of whether or not the forwards are coming back most of the time. Having that player also play a tough, physical game will also give him more room to operate, and help The Blues take the puck away in their own zone more often, which will also help the defence, and the offence off the rush, as well, especially if he can make good outlet passes.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Good news, Blues now get a much needed rest before the next game. They've played so many games since the All Star Break. They have 19 points out of 30 since the ASB. (A .633 point%) which is a 103 point pace.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
4GA on 37 shots is the definition of mediocre.

not sure how anyone can say otherwise

This is what I mean. You dont critique a goalie by looking at the stats at the end of the game. Not a single goal scored tonight was because of a bad play by Binnington but your stat sheet doesn't show that and if that's how you want to enjoy games then so be it but you're really missing out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad