GDT: Blues vs. Isles| Slumpbuster/GM Called Out The Whole Team Edition|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
That's because Tarasenko actually cares. One of the few that actually looks engaged every night. Even when he isn't on the scoresheet.

The defensive breakdowns, especially the defenseman and our defensive forwards causing said breakdowns, are completely unacceptable.

Leddy kicks a goal in. Blues had 3 or 4 players in the crease with no Islanders around.

Parayko puts his ass in Binner's face and the goal itself.

RoR Tries to be fancy and pass a puck to Mikkola. Doesnt lift it and it's picked off before it gets out the Zone.

Tarasenko is playing for his final big contract. He has millions of reasons to bring his A game every night. The absolute best way for him to get what he wants is to lead this team in scoring. If that gets us back into the hunt, then he will be viewed league wide as a guy who pulled a struggling team back into the fight. If the team continues to suck, then he will be viewed as a guy who is generating his own chances and not just relying on the talent around him.

The last thing he wants for his own future is to get tainted with the stink that has quickly surrounded this group.

I was mostly kidding. I just find it funny that bad teams threaten to trade players to good teams if they don't turn it around.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Tarasenko is playing for his final big contract. He has millions of reasons to bring his A game every night. The absolute best way for him to get what he wants is to lead this team in scoring. If that gets us back into the hunt, then he will be viewed league wide as a guy who pulled a struggling team back into the fight. If the team continues to suck, then he will be viewed as a guy who is generating his own chances and not just relying on the talent around him.

The last thing he wants for his own future is to get tainted with the stink that has quickly surrounded this group.
But according to your literal argument in another thread, Thomas should already "absolutely" be seen this way league wide because of the time last year the Blues took a small dip when they were 32-14-6 and several guys you cite helped him (Tarasenko being one of them).

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
But according to your literal argument in another thread, Thomas should already "absolutely" be seen this way league wide because of the time last year the Blues took a small dip when they were 32-14-6 and several guys you cite helped him (Tarasenko being one of them).
I have no idea what you are trying to insinuate here.

I absolutely think the league views Thomas as a guy that has demonstrated 1C ability. How exactly would that impact how teams view how much they would give up and/or pay Tarasenko in the future?

Tarasenko is a stud. If he has another stud year, he is going to get paid like a top end free agent if he continues playing like one.

ROR is a stud. But if he keeps playing the way he has been this year, he isn't going to get paid like one.

How you perform in a contract year when you are 30+ impacts how team value you as a potential free agent. Performance in contract years matters. Do you think Tarasenko will make more money next year if he has another 75+ season than if he finishes with 45 points?

Reactions: MilesNewton

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I have no idea what you are trying to insinuate here.

I absolutely think the league views Thomas as a guy that has demonstrated 1C ability. How exactly would that impact how teams view how much they would give up and/or pay Tarasenko in the future?

Tarasenko is a stud. If he has another stud year, he is going to get paid like a top end free agent if he continues playing like one.

ROR is a stud. But if he keeps playing the way he has been this year, he isn't going to get paid like one.

How you perform in a contract year when you are 30+ impacts how team value you as a potential free agent. Performance in contract years matters. Do you think Tarasenko will make more money next year if he has another 75+ season than if he finishes with 45 points?
... I think it's because there's zero "insinuation?"

Ok Brian if I have to remind you what the argument is you are in the middle of making, on post 593 of the multipurpose thread you said Thomas "absolutely" carried the team when the rest of the roster was struggling. "Absolutely," you said, not even a glimmer of room for counterargument. This must be some great evidence, let's see it. The evidence appears on post 603, where you cite a time when some Blues were "struggling" relative to their peak but not struggling in an absolute sense. On a team locked into the playoffs and cruising and several other key players playing very well.

We are clearly not in a "some of" struggling situation on a team that is locked into a playoff spot and cruising. I hope you can distinguish that, because it's important. It's not semantic. It is literal, and also your stock in trade is semantics.

Just as meta, do you seriously believe that I wasn't 100.000% aware there were periods Thomas outscored ROR last year and was playing better? I know what words mean, so I put "rest of the roster is struggling" on purpose. I was literally thinking of you when I wrote that, thinking, this is so clear even Brian can't take issue with it. You recently did this with another post of mine and I had to ask if you were reading closely. Could you please read more closely if you're going to do this? I'd like it not to happen again.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Isn't Thomas and Neighbours doing the exact same thing 20 feet closer to the puck? Why aren't we treating them the same?

I'm not just calling Kyrou. McKenna tweet was. All 3 forwards effort and compete wasn't great at all.
Usually the controller disconnected meme doesn't apply to the F3 who isn't and shouldn't be participating in defending the rush.
While I agree that F3 isn't, but you have to "effort and compete." All 3 forwards are guilty on it.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I'm not just calling Kyrou. McKenna tweet was. All 3 forwards effort and compete wasn't great at all.

While I agree that F3 isn't, but you have to "effort and compete." All 3 forwards are guilty on it.

This clip is so devoid of context that you can't really read much into the "effort and compete". What it doesn't tell you is that this is at the end of over a minute shift where the whole line has gone end to end twice. Thomas turned the puck over at the Blue line on the entry then didn't defend from the net out, Leddy got beat at the blue line to make it an odd man rush, Parayko didn't defend the pass well, and Neighbours didn't pursue the man behind the net to cover the scorer. Singling Kyrou out on this is the definition of scapegoating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad