GDT: Blues vs. Isles| Slumpbuster/GM Called Out The Whole Team Edition|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Way to hang in there and get the loss boys, we have a real shot at Michkov with hardworking efforts like that.

So.... who requests a trade first, ROR or Binnington?
binner can request 1 all he wants, nobody is takin that contract. same thing with schenn sadly.

Krug & Parayko may be moveable

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
binner can request 1 all he wants, nobody is takin that contract. same thing with schenn sadly.

Krug & Parayko may be moveable

There has to be a dumb executive with a Canadian team that will take Parayko, they fap to big defenseman like him.

If the season ended today we'd be drafting 3rd! We even have games in hand to pass Columbus and Vancouver with more stinky losses.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
There was but he died.

Lol well there will be others, the pressure will build and they'll be like, "Look at him! He's 6'6, 230 and our fans want us to deliver a Cup. He can help us!"

And he can, as long as he doesn't have to do any thinking.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Parayko for futures shouldn't be a hard sell. He'll still be a good defenseman if he's playing where he should in the lineup. Unfortunately for us we don't have you know who to eat minutes for him and draw attention away

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Good to see Berube’s expectations are so low that he’s satisfied with that performance. All you gotta do is play one good period, I guess.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That's not necessarily wrong, they did come out prepared and ready. They just folded when pushback came.
Then I don’t consider that prepared. It’s such a weak quote.

It’s really not hard at all to come out and play with energy for a period. Any team in the league can do that on any given night.

Betelgeuse

Sep 21, 2018
I always considered ROR one of the most consistent players in the league. This is truly puzzling. Maybe I had the wrong impression.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I think something that has to be pointed out about the O'Reilly discussion is simply that he was never a great skater, and once guys get in there thirties the skating is the first thing to go. And nothing turns a good player into a 4th line chemistry guy quicker then going from solid to bad skater at the NHL level. It's too early to call it that completely, obviously, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I think it’s just more of Father Time starting to creep in at the worst time (for him personally going into UFA and the team in general)
the trend started last year when he had a very subpar reg season but hes fallen off a cliff this season. i truly think playing with kyrou caused it to accelerate faster into a downwards spiral.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It’s a great year to be bad…Stockpile a couple more early round picks by trading UFAs and it can be turned around pretty quickly. I’m still not entirely convinced the Blues are actually bad though. Just mediocre.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
This is not a bad team at all on paper and the West is littered w/ mediocre teams so I don't see anything drastic happening for a while.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
I don't think the blues are this bad but if there is a year to be bad in this draft would be the one to do it

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'm not really surprised that Armstrong's pep talk telling them that despite poor roster construction and piss poor defensive strategy that the players are at fault didn't work. He warned them that players would be traded if they didn't turn it around. I am surprised Tarasenko actually went out and played ok He has been asking to be traded for over a year.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'm not really surprised that Armstrong's pep talk telling them that despite poor roster construction and piss poor defensive strategy that the players are at fault didn't work. He warned them that players would be traded if they didn't turn it around. I am surprised Tarasenko actually went out and played ok He has been asking to be traded for over a year.
That's because Tarasenko actually cares. One of the few that actually looks engaged every night. Even when he isn't on the scoresheet.

The defensive breakdowns, especially the defenseman and our defensive forwards causing said breakdowns, are completely unacceptable.

Leddy kicks a goal in. Blues had 3 or 4 players in the crease with no Islanders around.

Parayko puts his ass in Binner's face and the goal itself.

RoR Tries to be fancy and pass a puck to Mikkola. Doesnt lift it and it's picked off before it gets out the Zone.

Reactions: TheDizee

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Tarasenko is playing for his final big contract. He has millions of reasons to bring his A game every night. The absolute best way for him to get what he wants is to lead this team in scoring. If that gets us back into the hunt, then he will be viewed league wide as a guy who pulled a struggling team back into the fight. If the team continues to suck, then he will be viewed as a guy who is generating his own chances and not just relying on the talent around him.

The last thing he wants for his own future is to get tainted with the stink that has quickly surrounded this group.

Reactions: Linkens Mastery
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad