GDT: Blues @ Vegas| Well...This is Awkward|8 PM CST|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
So, I didn't realize this, but, on top of Kyrou is leading the team with a Point Per Game, Schenn, Schwartz, and Perron are tied for 2nd with 6 points Each. RoR has 6, Then Krug and Parayko have 3 points each.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
@Ranksu

Ranksu.jpg

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Hoffman just looks like he's still trying to play in Florida.

This is going to take some time.
Eh as a Florida fan, there are two or three things with Hoff
  1. Hoff is quite consistent on the power play as the shoot first guy
  2. Hoff is quite inconsistent in even strength: he goes through cycles where he puts up a point per game for a period of time on the third line but then doesn’t score in ES for a few days
  3. Chemistry is a bit fickle with him: he’s the only guy we’ve had that does worse next to Barkov than some random players

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
I was on the other feed. What happened?
Blues player who was supposed to do the interview with Panger after the game couldn't hear on headset so just took off. Came back to Panger right as he said "COME ON GUYS!" Not sure if he was frustrated with the player who bailed or the audio tech on the broadcast. Then he explained himself by saying "This is the problem with not actually being at the game". Good thing Panger, like any good broadcaster, doesn't have a swearing habit.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Mark Stone to not face supplemental discipline following last night's hit on Tyler Bozak

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
1st Bortuzzo, now Bozak
the Blues should go after Stone all game, all over the ice, all night, and after the game just state if the league is going to let players go after us without punishment, we will have to take care of it ourselves

Reactions: Blueston

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
1st Bortuzzo, now Bozak
the Blues should go after Stone all game, all over the ice, all night, and after the game just state if the league is going to let players go after us without punishment, we will have to take care of it ourselves
No, in these situations you go after someone else. Relentlessly. Then you get Stone's teammates pissed at him for bringing this situation on them. In this case, I'd say make someone like Theodore or Patches completely miserable for the entire 60 minutes. I'd dress Blais in Bozak's place and send him on a mission, suspensions be damned. Go biblical on these silly Vegas Knnnnnnnniggits!

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
thats fine, have blais send him a CLEAN message in tomorrows game.

Nah, Dress someone we dont care about and have them take Stones head off away from the play when he isn't prepared for the hit. More points if a flying elbow is used. This clean shit is out the window as soon as someone does something that f***ing dirty and causes an injury.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
No, in these situations you go after someone else. Relentlessly. Then you get Stone's teammates pissed at him for bringing this situation on them. In this case, I'd say make someone like Theodore or Patches completely miserable for the entire 60 minutes. I'd dress Blais in Bozak's place and send him on a mission, suspensions be damned. Go biblical on these silly Vegas Knnnnnnnniggits!
I would normally agree, but he is Vegas best player so one of our 4th liners taking him out wouldn't upset me.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
O'Reilly maybe?
He just had one in the 2nd game vs. Los Angeles.

Thomas and Parayko, on the other hand, ... I might throw Sanford in there as well. Sanford hasn't scored in 8 games going back to last year's Game 5 vs. Vancouver, which was his only goal in the bubble, and he's got 1 in his last 16 which goes through the entire bubble. (He scored in the season finale vs. Anaheim.) Thomas in his last 22 games is 1-9-10 and doesn't have a goal in his last 13. Parayko had a pair of goals against Vegas in the bubble; he hasn't scored since (14 games) and he didn't have a point in the bubble after that Vegas game.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Gotta love the clown show that's DoPS
I've called it the Department of "Player Safety" for easily 15 years. Probably longer than that. It's abundantly clear that player safety is no higher than about 6th or 7th on the list of things important to people there.

Mar 6, 2012
“I have talked with the NHL’s Player Safety Department on the Bortuzzo and Bozak hits that have, or will result, in our players missing games. Player Safety feel that these type of plays should be handled by the officials on the ice. As a organization we will respect that standard and will play within the guidelines that have been set.”

— DOUG ARMSTRONG

Wowsers...

Last edited:

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
“I have talked with the NHL’s Player Safety Department on the Bortuzzo and Bozak hits that have, or will result, in our players missing games. Player Safety feel that these type of plays should be handled by the officials on the ice. As a organization we will respect that standard and will play within the guidelines that have been set.”

Wowsers...
So you're telling me that if someone gets Joe Thornton'd again and the refs dont see it, they shouldn't interfere on a suspension? Obviously being hyperbolic but wow that's crazy

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I may have to dust off a letter I sent years ago asking to run Do"PS", update it and re-send it. Might even add a section that I'll introduce the long-mentioned "wheel of punishment" because at this point it makes far more sense than whatever the f*** the Do"PS" actually does.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I may have to dust off a letter I sent years ago asking to run Do"PS", update it and re-send it. Might even add a section that I'll introduce the long-mentioned "wheel of punishment" because at this point it makes far more sense than whatever the f*** the Do"PS" actually does.
Idk how other people feel about it, but I actually thought Shanahan did about as good as he could as the head of DoPS. Maybe there were consistency issues, but overall I feel like they handled it much better than they are now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad