GDT: Blues @ Vegas | The Search for 2 Straight Wins| 8pm, FSMW|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
The initial cases for VGK were in the coaching staff, hence why McCrimmon was behind the bench on Tuesday.

I'd expect some form of transmission to VGK players, but the transmission to STL players unless mask policies were ignored I would expect to be low. This, because the Blues and Knights have their own facilities and their staff shouldn't be interacting in a significant manner.

Not to downplay the risks, but segregation of the teams severely limits spreading unless players start visiting each other after hours to hang out and grab meals together.

Yep, who knows at this point. I know plenty of people who got sick but didn't even pass it to other people they shared a house or apartment with. And others did, so there are so many factors that come into play.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Any direct contact with an individual with COVID-19 while not wearing a mask or PPE, is 100% a high risk exposure.

That’s all I’ll say further on the subject.
"direct contact" and "high risk" need to be defined to make a statement like that. What possible motive would there be for removing any stratification to the exposure risk scenarios? Its an oversimplification that leads to mindless paralysis. This is the kind of statement that leads school districts to argue with the CDC when they're told its safe to re-open.

Walking past an infected person on the sidewalk is nowhere near the same realm of risk of transmission as sitting next to them in a sealed car for an hour. Playing hockey in the same arena is a lot closer to the sidewalk than the car. I'm really not sure why you're quibbling with what I'm saying here, its pretty self-evident. If someone from the Blues gets infected in Vegas, it probably didn't happen on the ice. We'd have no way to prove it either way, so who cares?

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The initial cases for VGK were in the coaching staff, hence why McCrimmon was behind the bench on Tuesday.

I'd expect some form of transmission to VGK players, but the transmission to STL players unless mask policies were ignored I would expect to be low. This, because the Blues and Knights have their own facilities and their staff shouldn't be interacting in a significant manner.

Not to downplay the risks, but segregation of the teams severely limits spreading unless players start visiting each other after hours to hang out and grab meals together.
I was a little worried maybe Pietro had some friends over, but hopefully no one would want to do that because of the pandemic. In a normal schedule, maybe it wouldn't have been feasible. But this week there would have been a day between games and ample opportunity to say hello to old friends.

I'm more concerned about players going out into the community for meals and entertainment. I don't know what the Blues players are doing during the season on road trips. Its got to be tricky, especially when you are staying a couple extra days in each spot.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'm curious as to why they are postponing the game given that the report said that there is only one player in COVID protocol. Unless there is a reason to suspect others being positive, I'm not sure why Vegas is allowed to postpone this game over one player when Detroit has been forced to keep playing with 4 of their roster players on their COVID list.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
and of course this thread is live (hours before the game start time). Nice job, mods.
I've always been appreciative of the work that our mods do (free of charge I might add) but I can't help but wonder why these threads can't be live from the start. Can the software that runs the forum not be automated to where every thread that has a GDT prefix (or a half-assed GDT prefix) is automatically live? Seems like it would save someone some time. :dunno:

Reactions: Ranksu and mike1320

mike1320

I've always been appreciative of the work that our mods do (free of charge I might add) but I can't help but wonder why these threads can't be live from the start. Can the software that runs the forum not be automated to where every thread that has a GDT prefix (or a half-assed GDT prefix) is automatically live? Seems like it would save someone some time. :dunno:
I was just making a joke. No hard feelings towards the mods

Reactions: MissouriMook

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I was a little worried maybe Pietro had some friends over, but hopefully no one would want to do that because of the pandemic. In a normal schedule, maybe it wouldn't have been feasible. But this week there would have been a day between games and ample opportunity to say hello to old friends.

I'm more concerned about players going out into the community for meals and entertainment. I don't know what the Blues players are doing during the season on road trips. Its got to be tricky, especially when you are staying a couple extra days in each spot.
They’re not allowed out of hotel room. If they get it, was almost certain from Knight player.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm curious as to why they are postponing the game given that the report said that there is only one player in COVID protocol. Unless there is a reason to suspect others being positive, I'm not sure why Vegas is allowed to postpone this game over one player when Detroit has been forced to keep playing with 4 of their roster players on their COVID list.
My understanding it’s bc transmission presumably happened in the building. They are all deemed high risk until negative test I believe.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I haven't followed (or maybe its not even publicly available) the protocols for this season in comparison to what they did in the bubbles. But I would assume if a player tested positive, there will be positive contact tracing with teammates who have to be cleared before they can play. There are probably also some guidelines for having a number of positives in the organization within a certain short time frame triggering a stoppage. My guess is that there is a reflex policy to halt hockey operations until they can ensure this isn't spreading within the team. Doesn't mean the players on contact tracing need to be held out a long time, though.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
They’re not allowed out of hotel room. If they get it, was almost certain from Knight player.
Is that actually the rules for on the road? Wow, I have a new appreciation for what the players are going through to play this season. I'm guessing the complaints about too much Fortnight are going to be silent this year.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Wow the one Vegas player is Petro! I’m sure Petro was pouting hard about not being able to host a grab ass party at his new house.

But seriously, that’s a close call if none of the Blues broke protocol. You would think they would play it extra careful when the Vegas coaching staff had it on Tuesday.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
It’s kinda like in the NFL the Steelers/Ravens kept getting postponed but yet they made the Broncos play without a QB.

Point being, leagues will make exceptions for good teams

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
They are cancelling the game because the NHL decided no suspension for Stone and feared the Blues' wrath.

Reactions: Joshuar56

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
They are cancelling the game because the NHL decided no suspension for Stone and feared the Blues' wrath.
The NHL isn’t used to the same 2 teams involved in a questionable hit playing each other the next game. Maybe they will start factoring in “retribution” games with no punishment!

Reactions: Zamadoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad