Carrier-Nosek-Reaves
McNabb-Pietrangelo
Martinez-Theodore
Whitecloud-Hague
Fluery/Lehner

giphy.gif

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
This one could get nasty. I hope we wreck a couple Knights tonight. Wouldn’t mind seeing Stone laid out but him watching it happen to a teammate works too. I love this schedule with home and away.

Reactions: Joshuar56

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The lack of league discipline on Stone is disappointing. The fact that the same refs are in fir this game is an interesting wrinkle of the way the scheduling works this year.

Reading the league’s response, I think what they were saying is that this hit should have been penalized more strongly within the game. Maybe should have been a major or game misconduct. I’m sure they weren’t saying the teams should handle it amongst themselves. If so, they were basically saying the refs screwed up, but we don’t think this deserves supplemental discipline.

So...if the refs got that message and a guy is out injured, and they get to ref the same two teams the next day, does it affect how they call the game? I bet it’s called pretty tight tonight.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
It's too bad that Bozak is out as he's pretty important on the PK, but at least it gives Berube a chance to unleash the Blais. Hopefully he's revved up and ready to go. Let's send a strong message tonight with a big win. Don't let them come back and steal the series. We've lost the 2nd game in each set so far, let's put an end to that right now.

I said it before the last game, but this Vegas team just doesn't quit. It's tough to bury them once they're down, so we really need to stay on them for all 60 minutes. And no dumb penalties, please!

I'd also like to see Sundqvist move up with Thomas and Hoffman, and let Blais play 4th line. That 3rd line needs a spark and Sunny can provide it.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Gotta be better than Tuesday. We can’t rely on Binnington to be incredible AND for the Knights to miss the net/hit the post half a dozen times.

I also hope we don’t go chasing hits just trying to get retribution. Faulk fought him, let’s just move on. If you have the opportunity to put him hard on his ass and not end up in the box, go for it, but that pretty much goes for every opponent. Physicality is one of our assets and we should use it liberally.

I’m sure we’ll see Reaves beat the hell out of Clifford at some point tonight. It’s as stupid as it is predictable. It doesn’t really do anything if two guys who weren’t involved in the play drop the mitts for a performance. I like the Faulk/Stone type of fights where a teammate is sticking up for his guy. Those are great. Like a couple years ago when Tarasenko beat the hell out of Matt Benning seconds after he went knee on knee with Schenn. I don’t think I’ve been to a game where the building was louder than after that. I don’t really care for goon fights. They don’t do anything for me. If I’m going to watch a planned fight I’ll just watch the UFC. Spontaneous hockey fights are the best.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
do you put in de la rose because my god who's gonna pk with bozak out? does o'ry just do the entire thing?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
do you put in de la rose because my god who's gonna pk with bozak out? does o'ry just do the entire thing?

It's possible, I suppose. You've got ROR, Sundqvist, Sanford, and Schwartz who've all seen lots of PK time + Barbashev, who is next in line. But it leaves us a bit thin if one of those guys is in the box. Maybe Schenn could PK if necessary, but that is the area where we will miss Bozak the most for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad