Half-Assed GDT: Blues Vegas: Do or Die

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
That sucked

Vegas cheats on the salary cap with Stone, so I hope they get destroyed in round 1

Oh, and its a shitty city...I hate that place

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Just let the guy walk out in front uncontested.
cant have 2 men go for a puck behind the net like that 3on3. but 25 coasted back into our zone prior to that then was literally stuck between a rock and a hard place. he played it bad but thats also on the other 2 skaters on the ice there.

funny how both vegas goals are similar, literally just let them walk in and do what they want.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't see Vegas as some power house people have been saying. I don't give a f*** who they have that's hurt, the Blues never get that benefit of people giving a shit who we have that's hurt.
The defending champs are not a powerhouse because some random poster online isn’t impressed with them tonight. Yeah I’m sure that opinion holds a lot of weight. :laugh:

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
No matter what he did he was f***ed there. If he rushed the puck carrier he left someone alone dead center of the slot.
yes but thats why you commit to one or the other and dont stand in no mans land.

poorly played but his 2 linemates are more to blame for overcommitting on a puck behind the net.

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
Maybe use his speed and not let him skate out from behind the net un-contested?
They already committed two guys behind the net, Kyrou can’t vacate behind the goal line as well.

Play was over when Krug and Schenn committed and we didn’t come up with the puck.

A 2 on 1 with Kyrou defending is simply a non-starter that shouldn’t happen ever, regardless of him doing nothing on the play as well.

Reactions: TheDizee

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Also personally I wish they would change penalty shot rule (not saying this because of the game)

You get shot, you score, No PP. If you get shot and no goal still PP. OR

You get choice of penalty shot or PP especially in OT because PP may be better.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Team tank since the deadline. Glad we get a fun reward of drafting later for winning a bunch of useless games down the stretch. Inconsistency should not be rewarded, this team doesnt deserve to sniff the playoffs.

Reactions: TheDizee

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
i blame the coach for thinking krug and kyrou as 2/3 of a OT line is a smart play. about as brilliant as his idea to dress 7 dmen tonight.

hopefully we get a proper coach this summer.

Reactions: hullderko

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Scandella and Perunovich were stapled to the bench the entire 3rd period, btw.

So by going 11-7, we instead basically went with 10 and 5 tonight.

Excellent lineup work by Drew Bannister. The guy really has no idea what he’s doing at all.

At least now that our season is done, hopefully we just play the kids instead of worrying about dressing guys like Scandella and Kapanen the rest of the way. Knowing Bannister, this still won’t happen since he’s delusional. But hopefully we send him back to the AHL and hire a real head coach this offseason.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
11-7 was bad decision.

Having only 1 official for last 2 and change of the game changed things.

Onto the next game.

Reactions: Fitrix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad