Half-Assed GDT: Blues Vegas: Do or Die

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
please, for the love of all that is good, lets not turn this into another love petro vs hate petro take over thread...

but if that does indeed happen, I won't care as I will be at the game with my daughter, with tickets provided by her

AND I was at the soccer game on Saturday with my other daughter, daughter-in-law and son, with tickets provided by him

finally a little ROI

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I will defitely be rooting for the Blues...former players Pietrangelo and Barbaahev. Vegas strong! Team tank!
I genuinely don't understand rooting against the Blues in this one.

We're currently 6 points up on the 11th worst slot that would give us a chance at 1st overall and 8 points up on the 10th worst slot. The 8th-10th worst teams are all in free-fall and 'catching' them with an 8+ point advantage seems extremely unlikely.

Meanwhile, a regulation win tonight gets us within 2 points of a playoff spot behind a Vegas team that is decimated with injuries and too many cap issues to plug all their guys back into the lineup if they get healthy. One of their most recent injuries is their starting goalie.

The odds of a top pick are extremely slim at this point. Realistically, we're talking about making the playoffs and picking 17th/18th or missing the playoffs and picking 12th-15th. At that point, give me a playoff push. Especially if it can come at the expense of one of the NHL's new heel franchises that bought a ton at the deadline.

I snagged last minute tickets to this one and will be there hoping for a Blues win. I won't be devastated if they lose, but this game should have a playoff atmosphere and playoffs are fun.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL

We're currently 6 points up on the 11th worst slot that would give us a chance at 1st overall and 8 points up on the 10th worst slot. The 8th-10th worst teams are all in free-fall and 'catching' them with an 8+ point advantage seems extremely unlikely.

Meanwhile, a regulation win tonight gets us within 2 points of a playoff spot behind a Vegas team that is decimated with injuries and too many cap issues to plug all their guys back into the lineup if they get healthy. One of their most recent injuries is their starting goalie.

The odds of a top pick are extremely slim at this point. Realistically, we're talking about making the playoffs and picking 17th/18th or missing the playoffs and picking 12th-15th. At that point, give me a playoff push. Especially if it can come at the expense of one of the NHL's new heel franchises that bought a ton at the deadline.

I snagged last minute tickets to this one and will be there hoping for a Blues win. I won't be devastated if they lose, but this game should have a playoff atmosphere and playoffs are fun.
Yeah the chances of a draft pick below 14 are pretty much nil. It’s either wildcard 2 or 15-16th pick at this point.

Reactions: LogosBlue

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Looking forward to an intense game, let’s f***ing go Blues!

Reactions: GoBluz24

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
After watching VGK's last four games, I can't say I'm to hopeful we'll make the playoffs, regardless of tonight's result. In all those games they looked closer to the Stanley Cup champions than a bubble team, despite the players they are missing. Granted, they lost to the hapless Flames just before that, and the other three wins were against weak teams, but the Blues aren't dominating any of those weak teams like VGK did.

That said the standings are the standings, and we do have a real shot at this. So lets go Blues! Given how VGK look to me this is 100% a must-win game because if we do end up sneaking by them, it's going to be close.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Go Blues. Would love to see the Blues come out with their hair on fire and just take it to them. I have my doubts, but it'd be fun to see. Curious if Bannister pulls the goalie if the score is tied in the third. Probably not, but Vegas getting any points tonight puts a serious damper on the slim playoff hopes.

Reactions: LogosBlue

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
The proverbial four point game. Don't see a lot of these anymore. Looking for a big game out of Thomas, he's struggling to produce since the calendar flipped to March. Would love to see Binner come out and slam the door in what everyone on the Blues has to consider a must-win game.

Not sure if I can watch the game b/c I don't have NHL Network, but I'm full throat cheering for the Blues to win. f*** draft slot concerns, I trust our scouting staff at this point over what some dude on the Athletic thinks.

Reactions: The Electrician

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

To each their own. We will get smoked in the playoffs. I'd rather pick one spot higher than face any of the top teams we are likely to see in Round 1.

My reason. For wanting us to lose has never been that we can't make the playoffs. It's that we can't do anything if we do. That still stands for me.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
not quite sure. rotowire reported today that he's out with an "illness" and didn't travel for the 4 game road trip
Yeah it's been an "illness" the past 4 games. I can't think of the last time an NHLer has missed a full week due to an illness that wasn't Covid (or obviously very serious).

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad