Blues Trade Proposals Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Both Duchene and Landeskog are officially available for defense. I don't think we could win the bidding war without throwing in Parayko, but Army has to try.

Sorry, but Parayko is untouchable imho. Divisional trades doesn't come that often, maybe small prospect trades, but how huge trades we're talking about now there is zero change STL - AVS gonna be tradepartherns. Why even torture yourself that kind of imagine?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Parayko is not available for Duchene - we could get better. We do need to be on the phone with Colorado, though. We can't keep whiffing on available centers - especially one with potential to be a 1 C that has speed, hands, vision, and plays solid defensively. I don't know what it will take, but I would imagine the only piece we have that they want is Parayko. Unfortunately, Dunn and Wlaman don't have enough hype to be a centerpiece. We likely missed our chance when we refused to liquidate Shatty into more malleable value (picks and prospects). Now, another huge upgrade at center will pass us by.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Parayko is not available for Duchene - we could get better. We do need to be on the phone with Colorado, though. We can't keep whiffing on available centers - especially one with potential to be a 1 C that has speed, hands, vision, and plays solid defensively. I don't know what it will take, but I would imagine the only piece we have that they want is Parayko. Unfortunately, Dunn and Wlaman don't have enough hype to be a centerpiece. We likely missed our chance when we refused to liquidate Shatty into more malleable value (picks and prospects). Now, another huge upgrade at center will pass us by.

Sorry what part of my post you didn't understand?

Sorry, but Parayko is untouchable imho. Divisional trades doesn't come that often, maybe small prospect trades, but how huge trades we're talking about now there is zero change STL - AVS gonna be tradepartherns. Why even torture yourself that kind of imagine?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
We need to make the call, but it isn't happened. You're right when you say we don't have the pieces we'd be willing to move to get a deal for Duchene done, and Colorado are likely to look for a premium for an in-Division trade as well.

A player like Duchene would be the dream move, but I still don't think it is absolutely needed to make progress. I just have no faith that we'll do the smaller moves needed to get us there either.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Ranksu is right. A trade of that magnitude isn't happening inner-division. Besides, Parayko is a huge loss. He has done nothing but improve the whole time he has been here and shows no sign of slowing down. He is very likely to surpass Petro in just a couple of years at the rate he's going. No way I'm giving that up. Sadly, I think the type of center we want is off the table this year. We are too close to the deadline and have absolutely nothing of enough value to trade by the off chance someone of the quality we want comes available. Any move for a Center is going to have to happen in the summer.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
See Ransku's "dont torture yourself"

They'd want Parayko, so unless you can swallow that pill, its just not a reality to get Duchene...

Last edited:

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Considering Parayko's trajectory, it would be smarter to shop Petro than Parayko...and I don't think it would be smart to shop either of them.

This is just desperate talk spawned by DA's absolute muddling of the Shattenkirk opportunity. I would MUCH rather fire Hitch and DA and see where an innovative and aggressive GM can get us than shop Petro or Parayko.

The three untouchables on this team IMO are Parayko, Petro and Tank. A creative GM can do alot with the remaining pieces, though, admittedly, the Shattenkirk opportunity was probably blown the minute we left the draft without a deal.

DA...the "never reload for the future" GM (aka "Mr. Hockey Trade")....what a guy!

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Don't you Army lovers trust your man is gonna handle his job like you wish?

giphy.gif

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
Just for ***** and Giggles, I just noticed Matthew Tkachuk now has more points than Jaden Schwartz, and is in his rookie season. Yes, he played a couple more games though.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2084259&page=21

Examples "He is so fun and entertaining to watch. LOVE this guy. Had another point last night and 6 more pims.

10 points in his last 10 games and is up to 70 pims on the year(2nd highest PIM total in whole NHL). He is slowly working his way up the rookie scoring leader boardwith the 5th highest rookie point total and is 2nd in rookie +- with a +8 (Mantha is a +9)

I love this rookie crop this year. The first part of the year I found the Leafs rookies to be the most entertaining... then I found myself enjoying watching Laine the most... but now I find Ive been tuning into Flames games the most just to watch Tkachuk. I love the players that put up high points while playing a hard game and putting up a high pim total.

What a complete stud he is already. IMO hes definitely up as the most effective rookie in the NHL"

"IMO, Tkachuk is going to be better than both Monahan and Bennett. He's just that ridiculously good, I'm in awe of this kid. And it's not because of his offence, it's because of how he plays the game. I think Gaudreau will always outscore Tkachuk, but Tkachuk is going to be the Flames most valuable player. I cannot say enough good things about him. To be a 19 year old rookie, and to watch him drag men into the offensive zone, world class athletes hanging off of him because of his desire. The way he forechecks and protects the puck is a thing of beauty, when he's downlow you cannot defend him, he protects the puck so well and his passing ability around the net is outstanding. Defensively he's already ahead of Monahan, Bennett and probably on par with Gaudreau. I just cannot get over the impact he has on a game for his age, he is a tremendously special player and the Flames hit lotto when he fell to us. The affect of having a physcial top 6 power forward in our lineup has made such a difference "

Reading the last few posts there, Im just wondering if you guys still want to think I was nuts for saying I thought we would have to add to Schwartz to pry Tkachuk from the Flames - while the common counter argument was - Schwartz is better or as good as Tkachuk will ever be..

My original point was, Tkachuk would end up (most likely) being a more important player (and I write this at a time when we were on a losing streak and the general consensus was we desperately needed to get bigger and more physical up front).:sarcasm:

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
People on HF are fawning all over a young kid doing well. Color me shocked.

Schwartz is a proven 25 goal/55 point player who is just entering his prime, and he has an extremely well-rounded game away from the puck.

Tkachuk might be the better player down the road, but he's sure not there now.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Just for ***** and Giggles, I just noticed Matthew Tkachuk now has more points than Jaden Schwartz, and is in his rookie season. Yes, he played a couple more games though.

Examples "He is so fun and entertaining to watch. LOVE this guy. Had another point last night and 6 more pims.

10 points in his last 10 games and is up to 70 pims on the year(2nd highest PIM total in whole NHL). He is slowly working his way up the rookie scoring leader boardwith the 5th highest rookie point total and is 2nd in rookie +- with a +8 (Mantha is a +9)

I love this rookie crop this year. The first part of the year I found the Leafs rookies to be the most entertaining... then I found myself enjoying watching Laine the most... but now I find Ive been tuning into Flames games the most just to watch Tkachuk. I love the players that put up high points while playing a hard game and putting up a high pim total.

What a complete stud he is already. IMO hes definitely up as the most effective rookie in the NHL"

"IMO, Tkachuk is going to be better than both Monahan and Bennett. He's just that ridiculously good, I'm in awe of this kid. And it's not because of his offence, it's because of how he plays the game. I think Gaudreau will always outscore Tkachuk, but Tkachuk is going to be the Flames most valuable player. I cannot say enough good things about him. To be a 19 year old rookie, and to watch him drag men into the offensive zone, world class athletes hanging off of him because of his desire. The way he forechecks and protects the puck is a thing of beauty, when he's downlow you cannot defend him, he protects the puck so well and his passing ability around the net is outstanding. Defensively he's already ahead of Monahan, Bennett and probably on par with Gaudreau. I just cannot get over the impact he has on a game for his age, he is a tremendously special player and the Flames hit lotto when he fell to us. The affect of having a physcial top 6 power forward in our lineup has made such a difference "

Reading the last few posts there, Im just wondering if you guys still want to think I was nuts for saying I thought we would have to add to Schwartz to pry Tkachuk from the Flames - while the common counter argument was - Schwartz is better or as good as Tkachuk will ever be..

My original point was, Tkachuk would end up (most likely) being a more important player (and I write this at a time when we were on a losing streak and the general consensus was we desperately needed to get bigger and more physical up front).:sarcasm:

It's still a crazy idea, especially when the common argument for trading Schwartz was either something false like "Schwartz isn't a first liner" and/or something disingenuous like "Tkachuk has potential Schwartz doesn't have".

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
It's kind of moot, anyway. Calgary is not trading Tkachuk. ( I think if they did their fans would burn down the Saddledome! :laugh:)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I find it funny that poster was no where to be found untill situatuons favored his agenda again.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Its internet and he's my hero.

"we're getting prime of his career, we should get best years from it"

[NHL]831665[/NHL]

Is this Army?

giphy.gif

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
For me there are 5 players on the Blues that are untouchable - Petro, Parayko, Fabbri, Schwartz and Tarasenko. No way in hell I think about trading any of these guys, just my opinion of course.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

Why is the bolded a good thing? Do we want to be on the PK more often? I'm confused.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
It's probably a real long shot that Sakic will deal with the Blues if Duchene is really being shopped. What would you be willing to give up if Sakic called? Schmaltz, Dunn, Barbashev, a 1st & Lehtera as a cap dump?? If something like that interested Sakic then Shattenkirk could be dealt as a pure futures return. That is what playoff teams are more willing to part with anyway.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It's probably a real long shot that Sakic will deal with the Blues if Duchene is really being shopped. What would you be willing to give up if Sakic called? Schmaltz, Dunn, Barbashev, a 1st & Lehtera as a cap dump?? If something like that interested Sakic then Shattenkirk could be dealt as a pure futures return. That is what playoff teams are more willing to part with anyway.

Parayko is most likely the only one of interest. They can then move Barrie.

If lesser pieces could get it done, then it needs to happen.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Parayko is most likely the only one of interest. They can then move Barrie.

If lesser pieces could get it done, then it needs to happen.
If that is the case, my answer would be flat out no. I agree with you that if it takes anything else, the Blues should consider it. I actually like Landeskog more than Duchene. The latter is streaky and his defense is questionable. Landy plays a 2-way game and brings that element of physicality and net front presence we have been lacking since the departure of Backes and Brouwer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad