Blues Trade Proposals Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
So Shatty is being traded to BOS, NYR, NJ, TOR, MTL and now COL according to Ek. Let me know if/when he's ever actually traded.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
So Shatty is being traded to BOS, NYR, NJ, TOR, MTL and now COL according to Ek. Let me know if/when he's ever actually traded.

That doesn't really seem anymore ridiculous than the fact that he will sign in the offseason with BOS, NYR, and NJD. #22 is going to be a busy man for the next 7+ years. :laugh:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Man...i'd love to see the Blues pry Barzal away from NYI in a Shatty deal. Though, without having Tavares locked-up long-term, NYI can't afford to lose their top-C prospect. Even so...I'd gladly ship out a pick and/or prospect with #22 if we could pry Barzal away. Blues are likely going to have to overpay to get their C...

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
That doesn't really seem anymore ridiculous than the fact that he will sign in the offseason with BOS, NYR, and NJD. #22 is going to be a busy man for the next 7+ years. :laugh:

E5: Blues perfect human cloning, send 5 shattenkirk clones plus cap dumps to NJ, Bos, Col, NYR and NYI for Zacha, Barzal, Pastarnak, Duchene and McDonagh.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
E5: Blues perfect human cloning, send 5 shattenkirk clones plus cap dumps to NJ, Bos, Col, NYR and NYI for Zacha, Barzal, Pastarnak, Duchene and McDonagh.

The Blues would probably go on to make the SCF and lose to an Eastern Conference champ made entirely of Shattenkirk clones with Ben Bishop in goal. And Steve Ott.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I honestly wonder what the rules are about clones. Do they all have the same cap hit and does all of their cap hits automatically go against our cap hit? Can we trade them all to different teams?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I honestly wonder what the rules are about clones. Do they all have the same cap hit and does all of their cap hits automatically go against our cap hit? Can we trade them all to different teams?

I'm picturing that Michael Keeton movie where the clones get progressively stupider and crazy. It could make for a pretty good mix for a hockey team.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'm picturing that Michael Keeton movie where the clones get progressively stupider and crazy. It could make for a pretty good mix for a hockey team.

Hahaha, This would actually be a pretty funny movie. "The Kevin Shattenclones: One Team, One Player"

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Whatever the rules are, we'd probably violate them and have to give away our cloning machine AND sample of Scott Stevens' DNA.

Blues are my Life*

Nov 21, 2016
Bishop is too fragile for management to gamble on him. It's more likely, imo that Allen pans out or we already have our goaltender of the future. We'll be using cap space on a forward - not a goalie.

I'm all on board the Duchene train for Shatty. If that happens, I don't think logic plays a role in Armstrong's negotiations. However, it could just be Sakic that's at fault. Why would Colorado, a last place team, want a conditional pick Shatty that clearly wants to play on the coast? Especially at the price of Duchene?

Shattenkirk might have won the Norris a couple years ago if he didn't miss those 26 games due to injury. He has 44 points and a +/- 19 in just 56 games. His trade stock was the highest then. It took a big hit last season just 44 points in 72 games and a -14.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It would start with Fabbri and/or Parayko.

Which is where is should end. I haven't watched Strome or followed him at all. I do remember a few question about is ceiling in the NHL, though. Usuallu top picks have alot more hype around them

Last edited:

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Something's gotta give in Arizona, but I doubt if they start with Strome. It certainly sounds like a coaching change might be necessary even though they just gave Tipps a new contract. I'd be willing to gamble on Mike Van Ryn if I was Chayka, he was outstanding in Kitchener and is already in the organization as a player development coach.

I'd also be pretty surprised if Capuano survives on Long Island for too much longer. Maybe they'd bring in Brad Shaw again? I think he's done more than enough to earn another shot at a head coaching gig. You've gotta respect what he's done in Columbus this year, they've been a train wreck for forever.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Something's gotta give in Arizona, but I doubt if they start with Strome. It certainly sounds like a coaching change might be necessary even though they just gave Tipps a new contract. I'd be willing to gamble on Mike Van Ryn if I was Chayka, he was outstanding in Kitchener and is already in the organization as a player development coach.

I'd also be pretty surprised if Capuano survives on Long Island for too much longer. Maybe they'd bring in Brad Shaw again? I think he's done more than enough to earn another shot at a head coaching gig. You've gotta respect what he's done in Columbus this year, they've been a train wreck for forever.

I had hoped the Blues might get Tippetts. Has Vegas announced a coach yet? I think he could be a good choice for a young developing team.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
More than we'd be willing to give. Fabbri+. Arizona was clearly hoping he'd stick in the NHL this year, but he is still less than 2 years removed from being a top 5 pick.

so under what circumstances would you be willing to trade Fabbri? For example.
NYI-JT
STL- schwartz/fabbri+Shatty+Lehtera+

now i know that there are prospects, retained salary and picks that can be introduced on both sides to get both parties to accept, but I would be okay for Fabs to go in this case.

Parayko is another story... I cant see a case where i would let him go unless its a drastic overpay. D men like him are rare.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
NYI-JT

now i know that there are prospects, retained salary and picks that can be introduced on both sides to get both parties to accept, but I would be okay for Fabs to go in this case.

Parayko is another story... I cant see a case where i would let him go unless its a drastic overpay. D men like him are rare.

I wouldn't let go of Fabbri, like ever, I would rather give up Schwartz(My favorite player) than Fabbri. Tarasenko, Fabbri, Parayko, and Pie are like my absolute untouchables.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
NYI-JT

I'd trade Fabbri for any deal that returned a player clearly better than Fabbri...provided the added pieces going with Fabbri could be replaced internally. In your example above, I'm driving him to the airport after packing his bags for him.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
NYI-JT

Why are we moving 100+pts in production for a guy that we pray is PPG with Tarasenko. I absolutely want Tavares. His game would fit with Tarasenko. Im not giving up Shattenkirk+ a 1st liner for him.

Shattenkirk+TT++ would be my offer. There are no untouchable non roster players for me. If they have the space. Throw Lehtera in there. Moving JT is a scorched earth approach, so Lehtera would just be a warm body

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Why are we moving 100+pts in production for a guy that we pray is PPG with Tarasenko. I absolutely want Tavares. His game would fit with Tarasenko. Im not giving up Shattenkirk+ a 1st liner for him.

Shattenkirk+TT++ would be my offer. There are no untouchable non roster players for me. If they have the space. Throw Lehtera in there. Moving JT is a scorched earth approach, so Lehtera would just be a warm body

Shatty is gone regardless, so lets assume this is TDL deal. with the production Shatty has put up so far and an extesion talk agreement with NYI,+TT is still not bringing back a Top 5 NHL Center. you would need Schwartz/Fabbri to finalize... I throw Lehtera in too because I would throw him in anything...preferably traffic, and for Cap reasons.

and didnt you see last night? Fabbri is 3rd line now :sarcasm:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Shatty is gone regardless, so lets assume this is TDL deal. with the production Shatty has put up so far and an extesion talk agreement with NYI,+TT is still not bringing back a Top 5 NHL Center. you would need Schwartz/Fabbri to finalize... I throw Lehtera in too because I would throw him in anything...preferably traffic, and for Cap reasons.

and didnt you see last night? Fabbri is 3rd line now :sarcasm:

He's not a top 5 center this season, and is currently on pace for a couple more points then Fabbri. Its one or the other. Shattenkirk+(s) or Fabbri+(s).

Another factor is JT decides if he goes and where he goes.

Last edited:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'd be extremely hesitant to give up that type of package for Tavares when he's a UFA after next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad