Blues Trade Proposals Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
With the Hanzal to Sharks/Blues tidbit by Friedman on his 30 Thoughts I decided to pop by the Coyotes board to see their reaction. The first post I see is a poster thinking they can get Hertl or Fabbri. Lol.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
If Jaskin plays well, I could see Jaskin being the young player piece of the deal.

Agreed, if a Hanzal deal happens I think Jaskin will likely be the main piece in the deal.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Hanzal due to his injury concerns and hope Armstrong strays away from him as a potential target.

Evestay

Aug 20, 2011
Team needs:

I think we need a 1C and a player with good net-front presence. What 1Cs or potential 1Cs can do both?

Simmonds and Pavelski come to mind (really wingers, I know...), but who else can you think of?

It would be awesome to do Shatty+cap for Krejci and then add a lower net guy like Ward or Shaw for Jaskin+. Or do Shatty for a potential 1C (I think NJ has best options there) and hope for better in the future. Alternatively, just add Simmonds and see if that is enough to change our current fortunes.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I would like Hanzal personally, but I wouldn't give up a whole lot to get him.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Team needs:

I think we need a 1C and a player with good net-front presence. What 1Cs or potential 1Cs can do both?

Simmonds and Pavelski come to mind (really wingers, I know...), but who else can you think of?

It would be awesome to do Shatty+cap for Krejci and then add a lower net guy like Ward or Shaw for Jaskin+. Or do Shatty for a potential 1C (I think NJ has best options there) and hope for better in the future. Alternatively, just add Simmonds and see if that is enough to change our current fortunes.

If we could do Krejčí for Shattenkirk (extended) and Lehterä (or more likely Berglund), then we should do that instantly. Now that Krejčí is putting up points (5 in last 3 games after a 3 in 13 start), I'm not sure how much appetite Boston would have for it.

Simmonds would command a huge return, one we wouldn't want to pay.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Hanzal isn't a bad player, but him and Stastny would probably give each other concussions in practice by running into each other. Then Schwartz would trip over them and tear his ACL.

Jokes aside, if Hanzal costs Fabbri, there's no chance we'd have interest. Fabbri is just as good, if not better offensively, and with this season being a "step-back" year where we give the team to the youth, moving the youth certainly makes no sense.

I'm still 50/50 on Shattenkirk for Krejci (at least as a basis). No question we improve, but Krejci has a thick contract and I'm not certain he'll be worth it through the duration and if we'll be strapped because of it. I doubt Boston takes Lehtera, so we'd have to dump him or pray Vegas takes him to help our cap situation.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Just getting opinions, not saying either team would/should do it. But what's your guys opinions on a

Tkachuk for Schwartz swap?

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Just getting opinions, not saying either team would/should do it. But what's your guys opinions on a

Tkachuk for Schwartz swap?

Nope. I wouldn't even consider a 1 for 1 swap, and the add to Tkachuk needs to be much more than a late round pick.

I know Schwartz hasn't had the greatest season thus far, but we would be hoping Tkachuk would end up as good as Schwartz has been through his career.

Last edited:

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
I think the Blues would do this in a heartbeat, but Calgary would laugh at Army.

Calgary would likely want to swap Parayko and Dougie Hamilton too. Even though, I doubt they would bite.

Schwartz is a replacable undersized 2nd line scorer. Tkachuk has the potential to be a rare, 1st line power forward.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think the Blues would do this in a heartbeat, but Calgary would laugh at Army.

Calgary would likely want to swap Parayko and Dougie Hamilton too. Even though, I doubt they would bite.

Schwartz is a replacable undersized 2nd line scorer. Tkachuk has the potential to be a rare, 1st line power forward.

60 point scorers are not "replaceable 2nd line scorers". Being small doesn't matter at all in today's NHL. The best player in the league weighs 190LBS soaking wet.

I wouldn't even consider a Schwartz for Tkachuk trade. The Flames would be thrilled if Tkachuk ended up as good as Schwartz is right now.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Have you guys lost your minds? The blues would have to add to Schwartz to get Tkachuk???? Wow...

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015

Schwartz is at the level Tkachuk hopes to be someday.

In what fantasy world would Calgary not bite on Hamilton for Parayko? Armstrong would be absolutely dumb to consider that swap.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Thats just as bad as the Pietrangelo for Hamilton ideas years ago. So let me get this straight...We're trading our young player for a younger player that might turn out to be just as good.....

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
Are you saying you would consider Cliff Ronning more valuable than a rookie year Kieth Tkachuk?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I think the Blues would do this in a heartbeat, but Calgary would laugh at Army. I agree.

Calgary would likely want to swap Parayko and Dougie Hamilton too. Even though, I doubt they would bite. Absolutely not! Parayko is going nowhere.
Once again I agree, but you won't find much agreement on this board. Many posters on this board seem to view Schwartz as virtually untouchable. The main proposed trade is a gamble, as it is basically a proven top 6 forward for a potential one, but it's one I'd be willing to make. The departure of Backes, and to a lesser extent Brouwer, have left a big hole in our forward group that we have nothing in the pipeline to replace. It's kind of moot anyway, because there's no way Calgary is dealing Tkachuk.

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
Once again I agree, but you won't find much agreement on this board. Many posters on this board seem to view Schwartz as virtually untouchable. The main proposed trade is a gamble, as it is basically a proven top 6 forward for a potential one, but it's one I'd be willing to make. The departure of Backes, and to a lesser extent Brouwer, have left a big hole in our forward group that we have nothing in the pipeline to replace. It's kind of moot anyway, because there's no way Calgary is dealing Tkachuk.

I think you are spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad