Blues Trade Proposals Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Pietrangelo's first full season was extremely impressive. 43 points, 22:00 minutes a night, just 21 years old. Parayko has been amazing but I'd lean toward Petro's being better.

It depends how you choose to weight things. Pietrangelo was great, and got important minutes, but that was by circumstance. If Parayko was breaking into the team then, would he have got those minutes? Probably. We just don't know how he would have handled it.

I agree that Pietrangelo's rookie season, on the whole, was probably more impressive. However, Parayko has moments of dominance out there that Pietrangelo's game, as polished as it is, just doesn't have.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
It depends how you choose to weight things. Pietrangelo was great, and got important minutes, but that was by circumstance. If Parayko was breaking into the team then, would he have got those minutes? Probably. We just don't know how he would have handled it.

I agree that Pietrangelo's rookie season, on the whole, was probably more impressive. However, Parayko has moments of dominance out there that Pietrangelo's game, as polished as it is, just doesn't have.

Petro had moments of dominance his first year and a half. Not sure where that went, but he did perform at that level periodically.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Petro had moments of dominance his first year and a half. Not sure where that went, but he did perform at that level periodically.

Pietrangelo had a great rookie year and he made the EJ trade possible. Saying that, Parayko has been far more impressive to me. I don't want to pump his tires because this is 2/3's of a year. I'm not taking anything away from Pietrangelo either. To me, you can throw any of the stats out the window and just watch him play. He definitely needs polishing which is normal. He needs to get stronger on his skates. He needs to get more aggressive when it comes to jumping on the puck. He will and should get more adept at using his size to separate players from the puck.

I can't think of one skill I'd rate Pietrangelo ahead of Parayko as rookies. Maybe I give the nod to Pie on patience with the puck in the D zone. That's about it.

Skating with & without the puck, passing, shot, vision, transitions, carrying the play, pretty much everything I'd rate Parayko > Pietrangelo when comparing rookie years.

Again, I'm not saying Parayko is Weber or will even become anything close. It's his first year and I totally will pump that point. But, saying all that, I'd give the opinion that Parayko will wind up better than Pietrangelo. That's just an opinion. There's no way to prove or disprove it other than by his career playing out.

For the record though, Tarasenko is the only player in the last (long time) that I thought could be a superstar even when I watched KHL footage of him. I'm not the soothe sayer of hockey. The impressive factor is immeasurable. There's no stat or any way to scale it other than opinion.

Tarasenko and Parayko are the one 2 players the Blues have drafted in the last 10+ years when first watching I got that wow factor from.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Tarasenko and Parayko are the one 2 players the Blues have drafted in the last 10+ years when first watching I got that wow factor from.

For me, Fabbri is approaching this territory. Kids gonna be special. We need his shoot-first mentality on this team.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
There seem to be a 1-2 Parayko trade threads popping up now on a regular basis. Not surprising that the fans of teams who play us the most usually chime in to say that St. Louis probably won't be interested in trading Colton.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
And can't actually play in the playoffs.

Serious question: will he report to Chicago and be ableto play in the playoffs there?

No idea but I know Jaskin, Ed and Rattie all had to be assigned to Chicago that one day just to be eligible for the playoffs so maybe not

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
He's been playing in the ECHL lately, not sure how that affects his eligibility for the AHL playoffs.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Starting to think Shatty will be shopped hard this off season. Parayko really makes him a luxury and DA probably doesn't have the skills to maximize a blockbuster return for Petro. Of course, I'm really not sure we will get an incredible return for Shatty either...guess we'll see.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Starting to think Shatty will be shopped hard this off season. Parayko really makes him a luxury and DA probably doesn't have the skills to maximize a blockbuster return for Petro. Of course, I'm really not sure we will get an incredible return for Shatty either...guess we'll see.

not that I'm completely against trading him, but I am kinda worried about what we're gonna get in return

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
not that I'm completely against trading him, but I am kinda worried about what we're gonna get in return

Well if there is any truth to the Boston rumor involving Eriksson, then I'm not too worried actually. Even if that wasn't the best return, it was at least somewhat good I think.

Then again, I'll reserve my judgements until an actual trade happens, because I might just be fooling myself into a false sense of security.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Top 6 right winger or high level center prospect would be ideal, but the latter probably isn't something you would get in return for 1 year of Shatty...
<sigh>

Trading Shattenkirk to fill the top 6 RWer hole created by trading a top 6 RWer for Brouwer and spare change would just be the perfect icing on that cake.

I'll be actively campaigning for Armstrong to be fired if that happens.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If there was traction to the Boston rumor. Eriksson+++ wasn't bad. Didn't have the wow factor, but it wasn't the Oshie trade.

There should be a large pool of suiters for Shattenkirk

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
<sigh>

Trading Shattenkirk to fill the top 6 RWer hole created by trading a top 6 RWer for Brouwer and spare change would just be the perfect icing on that cake.

I'll be actively campaigning for Armstrong to be fired if that happens.

Pretty sure this is an open endorsement for my idea of Pietrangelo + 1st + Berglund for RNH + either of the Fin's.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
If there was traction to the Boston rumor. Eriksson+++ wasn't bad. Didn't have the wow factor, but it wasn't the Oshie trade.

There should be a large pool of suiters for Shattenkirk
I made a post about it somewhere, but I wasn't a huge fan of that potential trade. I'm glad Armstrong passed.

It wouldn't surprise me if Shattenkirk is dealt this offseason. There would certainly be a lot of interest, though having an extension in place (even with a modified or delayed NTC) would certainly help the return.

If Armstrong turns that trade ammunition into something as mundane as a top 6 winger (alone, or as the biggest asset in a package), then it'll be a massive wasted opportunity. I'd rather just keep Shattenkirk.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Pretty sure this is an open endorsement for my idea of Pietrangelo + 1st + Berglund for RNH + either of the Fin's.
I think that's a bad trade for the Blues.

Draftees are almost always overrated based on their potential. If Pietrangelo's being shopped, the Blues should basically be able to name their price. That offering doesn't cut it for me.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think that's a bad trade for the Blues.

Draftees are almost always overrated based on their potential. If Pietrangelo's being shopped, the Blues should basically be able to name their price. That offering doesn't cut it for me.
Oh if the mains only understood this

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Blues get bent over in that trade.

Maybe Edm adds a 2016 2nd?

I don't quite understand a lot of people's disdain for RNH. He's not Lemieux but even currently I rank him over Stastny. Laine is 6' 4'' 210lbs & Puljujärvi is right at 6' 3'' 200lbs. Both of those players are going to be Tarasenko-esque (my opinion).

There's almost 0 chance RNH has hit his prime. Even if you want to say his ceiling is 65-70pts I'll buy that but he's also a very sound 2 way player.

Here's the facts concerning the Blues as it stands going into next year. Your top two centers are Lehtera & Stastny. Coming in at a scary #3 is Berglund. We all give Berglund crap but he would be a decent #3 behind a true #1 and #2 Center, such as McDavid & Draisaitl. But following Lehtera & Stastny, Berglund is almost more of the same just a rung below.

Who wants to roll with those 3 centers next year? *crickets*

If and I know it's an if, but if I'm correct about Puljujärvi & Laine think of the deal in these terms. Pietrangelo + 1st + Berglund for a bigger version of Tarasenko + RNH (+ 2016 2nd)

I hope that at least helps to see how I'm valuing that deal. If you think of it in those terms does that sway your opinion?

Regardless if you agree or disagree this team most likely is going to look quite a bit different next year. Even a signed Shattenkirk isn't bringing back a haul like that.

You could roll with:

Schwartz RNH Tarasenko
Steen Stastny Fabbri
(Laine,Puljujarvi) Lehtera Jaskin
Upshall Brodziak Reaves

J-Bow Shattenkirk
X (or Edmundson) Parayko
(Lindbohm/Walman) (Bortuzzo/Schmaltz)

The Blues are stocked with defensive prospects. It would be time to get some feet wet.

I would imagine they'll at minimum sign a LHD that can play 2nd pairing. They might even bring Gunnarsson back.

Either way, I'm willing to bet apples to oranges that this:

Schwartz RNH Tarasenko
Steen Stastny Fabbri
(Laine,Puljujarvi) Lehtera Jaskin

is a far better top 9 then the Blues roll out next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad