Blues Trade Proposals Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Too damn costly for Hoffman and he would be a long term plan. So we'd have Schwartz Steen Hoffman. Unless they want to keep Steen as a center forealzy

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Getting Hoffman would be a dream, but I can't see it happening.

I really have no idea who to expect at this point. But with Steen out for a month and the offense struggling to score, I don't think there's any possible way Armstrong sits tight at the deadline. One more injury to the forwards over the next month and the team would be in serious trouble. He has to get a forward and he may overpay some in futures. I think I'll be okay with that as long as it's not our best futures (i.e. 1st rounders, Vince Dunn, etc). If we have to give up 2nds or a guy like Lindbohm... so be it, as long as the forward is actually a good fit. I don't want any lopsided Letunov for Michalek type deals.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
If you don't want either then why respond? Lol. I was referring to Eric.

FWIW, Eklund says Blues are "coming on strong for" Boedker..

Obviously I take Eklund with a grain of salt, but Boedker would be a great addition and would do so much for this offense. He's a playmaker but can also shoot and score when he needs to. I think he has like 15 power play assists. Wonder what it would take to really get him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How do you guys feel about Boedker? With the Steen injury, could this be a fit? I suspect his value is roughly equal to what Arizona got for Vermette last deadline. Which was a very late 1st and a competent young player. Obviously it doesn't have to be those same two things, but rough ballpark in terms of value would be about that.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
How do you guys feel about Boedker? With the Steen injury, could this be a fit? I suspect his value is roughly equal to what Arizona got for Vermette last deadline. Which was a very late 1st and a competent young player. Obviously it doesn't have to be those same two things, but rough ballpark in terms of value would be about that.

I would like to add Boedker but would love to see the Blues add Ladd.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I don't know if I'd give up that much for Bødker. He'd be nice to have but if we're gonna be dropping coin is like somebody with a bit more goal scoring ability

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I don't know if I'd give up that much for Bødker. He'd be nice to have but if we're gonna be dropping coin is like somebody with a bit more goal scoring ability

This is exactly how I feel. In what little I have seen of Boedker, I've not been very impressed. I'll do some watching this week to get a better feel for him. Anyone that has seen him play a lot, can you give me some insight?

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
This is exactly how I feel. In what little I have seen of Boedker, I've not been very impressed. I'll do some watching this week to get a better feel for him. Anyone that has seen him play a lot, can you give me some insight?

On their board they are mentioning names such as Barbashev and Dunn. If that's the cost, it's gonna be a hard pass from me. Definitely would rather go after Eriksson at that price

WiscoBlues

Feb 1, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I think the Blues are going after Drouin, and Schmaltz is part of the package. Makes sense considering Drouin plays on the left, and can get plugged into the lineup with Steen out.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah I have next to zero interest in the upcoming UFA Boedker. We've given up way too many 1sts lately and I would never even consider giving up another for him. He's fast but if Oshie wasn't the answer here how is Boedker really going to be an upgrade to this team?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Ugh..... no Bøedker or Eriksson. Bøedker adds speed but from what I've seen he's a deferral machine that doesn't think the game 2 steps ahead. Not a bad player, and would love him but he'd be a FA target. Same with LE....he's going to be incredibly expensive given how the Bruins are doing. Same position the Blues are in with Backes, except Backes isn't tearing it up.

Drouin for Schmaltz or Schmaltz+ should still be a prime target, but I'd wager that if that deal was on the table, it would have happened. Drouin can't be just plugged back into the NHL lineup, he's going to need time to get up to game speed

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Yeah I have next to zero interest in the upcoming UFA Boedker. We've given up way too many 1sts lately and I would never even consider giving up another for him. He's fast but if Oshie wasn't the answer here how is Boedker really going to be an upgrade to this team?

He's bigger than Oshie, one of the fastest skaters in the league and has an excellent two way game.

Two totally different players.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Ugh..... no Bøedker or Eriksson. Bøedker adds speed but from what I've seen he's a deferral machine that doesn't think the game 2 steps ahead. Not a bad player, and would love him but he'd be a FA target. Same with LE....he's going to be incredibly expensive given how the Bruins are doing. Same position the Blues are in with Backes, except Backes isn't tearing it up.

Drouin for Schmaltz or Schmaltz+ should still be a prime target, but I'd wager that if that deal was on the table, it would have happened. Drouin can't be just plugged back into the NHL lineup, he's going to need time to get up to game speed

For the right price I would take Boedker. No way I would give up a first though or a top prospect.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
For the right price I would take Boedker. No way I would give up a first though or a top prospect.

I think that's what it will take. He'd be a prime target for a bidding war. I'm far too lazy to look at other teams cap situations.

Also what does this do to the lineup when Steen returns. I know it's not a bad thing to have a stacked roster but someone who doesn't deserve to sit is going to be riding the pine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad