Blues Trade Proposals Part too many to count

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
JVR or Kadri as the roster players or a good futures package. I'm not familiar enough with your prospects after the top guys.

JVR would interest me a lot less than Kadri. Acquiring JVR would almost certainly mean moving Steen to the middle which, even in the short term, I believe is a mistake. If they were to acquire a player like JVR (he's a good player, but realistically he would be our 3rd or 4th best LW behind Steen, Schwartz and possibly Fabbri) I believe it would be a signal that they believe that Fabbri's future is at center.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
If we offer a Shattenkirk with a flu shot, does that increase or decrease his trade value? :)

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
JVR + for shatty with an extension could be done.

This makes sense from a value perspective but as others have pointed out, unless Steen and/or Fabbri are moved from LW or JVR can play a different position than LW, he just doesn't really fit. I'd argue that for all 4 players, Steen, Schwartz, Fabbri and JVR, their best position is LW. Moving Steen to C means we aren't fully utilizing Steen. He's a much better LW than C IMO. Fabbri has played C in Jrs and I think a little RW but JR said in his chat last Friday that he would be surpeised to see Fabbri at either C or RW. They tried Schwartz at C in camp last year and as expected, that didn't work. He's also much better at LW. LW is probably the least needed position on the team so for that reason, I don't see JVR as a great fit.

And I'm not a big fan of Kadri. I don't really see him as being any better than what we already have. We already have an inigma center in Lehtera.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad