Blues Trade Proposals Part too many to count

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
If Sobotka doesn't come back that should pressure Army into trading Shattenkirk. Unless he sees the Blues as a non-playoff team and thinks he can get more at the TDL

I think in first place Army should have trade Sobotka's rights if he has really hold on and waited will he come or not back and reason he couldn't acquire needed fill for team in this off-season.

I love Sobotka, but if case is this difficult with him (he come or not) you can't let that affect your off-season moves and you need to think for team and long term and not be stubborn and hold Sobotka's 'value', you trade him lets say late round pick, but case you trade him so you can aqcuire your need and move on ffs. You set timeframe for him and if nothing won't happend before it you trade him.

Btw IF the reason has been Army waiting for first Sobotka come and then just trade Shattery Army should be fired immediately.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
If Sobotka doesn't come back that should pressure Army into trading Shattenkirk. Unless he sees the Blues as a non-playoff team and thinks he can get more at the TDL

The question I have with that is: How long does he wait before he finally has to make a decision? We are already less than two months from the first preseason game and have no clue if Sobe is coming. Every day that goes by lessens what is available for us to pick from, especially considering the team we trade with will have the leverage because they know we are the ones needing the trade the most.

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
I think in first place Army should have trade Sobotka's rights if he has really hold on and waited will he come or not back and reason he couldn't acquire needed fill for team in this off-season.

I love Sobotka, but if case is this difficult with him (he come or not) you can't let that affect your off-season moves and you need to think for team and long term and not be stubborn and hold Sobotka's 'value', you trade him lets say late round pick, but case you trade him so you can aqcuire your need and move on ffs. You set timeframe for him and if nothing won't happend before it you trade him.

Btw IF the reason has been Army waiting for first Sobotka come and then just trade Shattery Army should be fired immediately.

I refuse to believe that any trade could be hung up because of Sobotka.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That Tampa trade thread got me to thinking what would be a trade that you would most consider for Parayko and still be a fair deal for both sides. I'm definitely against any trade of him, but still an interesting thought.

I think my pick would be Larkin. Makes a lot of sense for both sides, and would work long-term for both teams.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
That Tampa trade thread got me to thinking what would be a trade that you would most consider for Parayko and still be a fair deal for both sides. I'm definitely against any trade of him, but still an interesting thought.

I think my pick would be Larkin. Makes a lot of sense for both sides, and would work long-term for both teams.

My pick was Draisaitl+ and I argued for it several times. Big skilled center with, I believe more offensive upside then Larkin. Less untouchable too. Larkin would work, but I doubt we could get Detroit to throw in a +. Any young legit future #1 C would be the answer. Preferably one who has played in the NHL to show they can. Other options I'd go for but seriously doubt their team would Kuznetsov, Moahan, and Scheifele. Those guys have already hit though, so I doubt we could get them. Barkov might be swingable, they have some center depth behind him, but Ekblad makes another franchise righty less of a need.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think Larkin has more offensive upside than LD. LD was never suppose to be that great offensively, and he really hasn't shown much goal scoring upside, and he was insanely hot with Hall for a stretch. I could see him falling back like RNH did, but being a more effective player.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I think Larkin has more offensive upside than LD. LD was never suppose to be that great offensively, and he really hasn't shown much goal scoring upside, and he was insanely hot with Hall for a stretch. I could see him falling back like RNH did, but being a more effective player.

I disagree. Draisaitl is a far more accomplished playmaker and that's an area where Larkin really needs to work if he is to be a pivot long-term. There is a thread asking who is the best passer on your team and Edmonton fans are mentioning Draisaitl over guys like McDavid and RNH. Larkin probably is a more accomplished goal-scorer, but seems to do best on the rush using he speed. Wheras Draisatl due to his size can score goals in more ways, set offense cleaning trash, etc. I think that fits more with our team, working in the set offense, although I do like Larkin's speed and shot better.

Bottom line, either is great imo. I see Larkin with a better career goal output but Drai with better points. Both have the drive and work ethic to improve on those things they are weaker in.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
How about we stick in the reality and speak of Shattenkirk.

Step back year and lets just hold on most valuable asset and let him walk for nothing. Army need to trade him at least get something out of him, there will be time when he needs to do something and move him, he can't just hold on and wait like some idiot. It was huge mistake to not trade Shattery at draft or under UFA market.

So this point trading Shattery we need to retain of his salary, most of teams where he would like to re-sign are tight on cap. Keeping 30% doesn't look we can find any trading partner on contender teams who are All-in.

Oh my Army..

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
How about we stick in the reality and speak of Shattenkirk.

Step back year and lets just hold on most valuable asset and let him walk for nothing. Army need to trade him at least get something out of him, there will be time when he needs to do something and move him, he can't just hold on and wait like some idiot. It was huge mistake to not trade Shattery at draft or under UFA market.

So this point trading Shattery we need to retain of his salary, most of teams where he would like to re-sign are tight on cap. Keeping 30% doesn't look we can find any trading partner on contender teams who are All-in.

Oh my Army..

Shattenkirk discussions have been done to death. Both suggestions for what deals could be done and complaining about no deals being done. There are 3-4 Shattenkirk threads at any given time on the front page of the trade boards. There is not a single new player who someone could mention that both hasn't been mentioned and makes sense in a trade. We know all the likely targets, likely destinations. People have weighted in which they prefer. Now its up to Armstrong and another GM to pull the trigger or not. Further discussion doesn't help much.

As for retaining salary, Boston has a good bit of cap. NY only needs to send back $1.5M. Detroit is cap crunched but would be sending back roster players. They have too many waiver-eligible forwards and need to trade some or lose them for nothing.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

I'd rather have Larkin than Draisitl.

Any hypothetical trade of Parayko has to have an elite cost-controlled forward coming back. Even if the return is a great player, if it's at prime age salary it will cost the Blues a roster player squeezed out by the salary cap...and wind up not benefiting as much as desired.

The list is pretty short.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
What about trying to move Lehtera to Arizona?

They currently have Vermette and Hanzal set to be UFAs after this coming season. With Vermette in his mid30s now and starting to decline more and more, they could possibly use a younger veteran center like Lehtera while their young centers develop. They also have a decent amount of speed with their young guys, so Lehtera wouldn't look as bad for them.

They also have tons of cap space so taking on the full of Lehtera's contract won't be a problem.

Mostly exploring this option as a way to clear cap to where the Blues could take on a short term cap dump in a Shattenkirk trade.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I refuse to believe that any trade could be hung up because of Sobotka.

The proposed trade included Berglund.

If Berglund left town and Sobotka didn't return, we would be in need of a center. Steen could play the position (Nash would take his spot on left wing), but I don't like Steen at center.

Evestay

Aug 20, 2011
What team is going to be surprisingly bad next year?

Detroit, Columbus....?

We should start with a 1st from that team for a Shattenkirk trade and just pray it works out.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
What team is going to be surprisingly bad next year?

Detroit, Columbus....?

We should start with a 1st from that team for a Shattenkirk trade and just pray it works out.

If we knew which team would be surprisingly bad, then it wouldn't be a surprise anymore. ;)

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
New Jersey has 5 D signed unless I'm missing something. Any chance they part with McLeod for Shattenkirk?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
New Jersey has 5 D signed unless I'm missing something. Any chance they part with McLeod for Shattenkirk?

You are missing 2-way contracts which fanager and sites like that automatically throw in the minors, unless it is known to be otherwise. NJ might make a move to get another D or they might just use some 2-way guys.

Gormley- He has about 50 games under his belt and was consided a high potential player once.

Yohann Auvitu - I don't know much about him. He played in the Finnish League so maybe Ransku does. They just signed him this year. He is 27, so I doubt they signed him for his potential. They must think he is could be an NHL player. Probably going to give him a shot with the big club.

Helgeson - He is 25 and has played 40 games over 2 seasons. Nothing special but could be a 7th D.

Santini - May get a shot out of camp. He's a college kid with BC. He played a game or two last year in the pros, so I am not sure he can go back to college now. I think NJ is pretty high on him to give him a pro game at 20. He may be a long shot but could get on with a good camp.

So they have options. None that I'd jump for joy over but NJ isn't looking for a cup run next year. If they don't forsee Shattenkirk in their long term plans, they won't give up young futures for him because Santini is a year off. Shattenkirk would fit nicely though. They don't have a RHD who can handle top pairing. Severson is still young and Lovejoy just isn't a 20 minute a night guy.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
In a deal with the New York Rangers, in which we trade Shattenkirk, which would you rather have? Rick Nash for the remainder of his contract (two years, till he is 34), or a first round draft choice and a mid level prospect?

I don't see how the Blues can enter the season with four guys missing from last year's team (Backes, Brouwer, Elliott and Shattenkirk) and have no one coming back in return. Well, we did sign Perron. So lets call it three men short.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't know, I really doubt that Nash returns to form, but you also need to make sure the futures you get back are worth it. Keeping Shattenkirk might be the better option. Nash's numbers were truly awful last season, across the board, including the underlying numbers, despite what Rangers fans want you to think.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
In a deal with the New York Rangers, in which we trade Shattenkirk, which would you rather have? Rick Nash for the remainder of his contract (two years, till he is 34), or a first round draft choice and a mid level prospect?

I don't see how the Blues can enter the season with four guys missing from last year's team (Backes, Brouwer, Elliott and Shattenkirk) and have no one coming back in return. Well, we did sign Perron. So lets call it three men short.
Depends on the 1st and prospect and what this year's draft class is looking like.

I'm not worried about the team matching last year's team.

Backes is irreplaceable but at the same time, I feel it was best to let him walk given the contract demands.

Brouwer...liked the guy but Perron will probably put up more points and while he isn't as gritty, he's still a hard nosed guy.

Elliott....loved moose but Allen is just as capable with a higher ceiling(and I'm no big fan of Allen)

Mad Brills*

Leafs related poster- Anyone on the leafs that would interest you guys?

Or would you want a good prospect instead of roster player? Shattenkirk would fill a need

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Or would you want a good prospect instead of roster player? Shattenkirk would fill a need

JVR or Kadri as the roster players or a good futures package. I'm not familiar enough with your prospects after the top guys.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

You won't like it, but assuming Shattenkirk agrees to an extension prior to a trade, then as for prospects, Nylander or Marner. I don't see how any other prospect works unless there's a high round pick involved.

As for roster players, perhaps JVR...opinions vary, however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad