Blues Trade Proposals Part too many to count

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Perhaps the posturing is more directed at Shattenkirk's camp? The threat of forcing him to stay here during his walk year seems fairly weak, but if his performances was impacted by the rumors around him as much as some have speculated, perhaps he should be worried that his numbers will suffer.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
What a crazy afternoon it's been across the NHL. Stamkos back to TBL... Subban for Weber...Hall for Larsson. Friday is going to be nuts too.

Blues will see Brouwer and Backes walk, Shatty kept and Armstrong derided for months. It's gonna be awesome.

*I still think Shatty is traded on Friday, regardless of what Strickland says.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Trading him just to trade him is silly. I don't think there is anyone left to trade for that makes us an immediately better team. We either keep him and lose him after this season or we trade him for picks/prospects. No other options left.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I was first that what f is this thread name (Blues Trade Proposals Part too many to count) then take me like 20sek and I understand it.

Got good laugh. :)

btw what would be after XXVIII?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Drouin would be the only one I'm interested in, but Tampa can't take on any salary now that stammer was signed.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah I agree with taylor, just a bargaining strategy by Armstrong.

Shattenkirk will be gone. If this drags on too long I wouldn't be surprised if he just requested a trade.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yeah I agree with taylor, just a bargaining strategy by Armstrong.

Shattenkirk will be gone. If this drags on too long I wouldn't be surprised if he just requested a trade.

I think that's the fire Army has played with. He's publicly said Shattenkirk will be traded.... nobody wants that over their head. So while Shattenkirk hasn't asked for a trade...he wants to be traded.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Edmonton is a ****** city from what other western Canadians have told me. But time honored franchise. New arena coming. Tons of top end talent that lacks a couple pieces. I think they are on the uptick but I can also see Shatty saying hell no I'm from New York 4000 miles away.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Anyone else frustrated by Shattenkirk? We very well may have Taylor Hall had he been more open minded. Oh well.....

Yes but we can't hold that against him....even though I really want to lol. Hopefully he signs with his precious rangers through their dark days and they suck to the point he can't walk down the steet.

#bitteras****

bluesfan3109

Let's Go Blues!!!
Jan 26, 2015
STL/IL
I think Stammer staying in TB gives Detroit more incentive to take on Shatty with an extension and still have money to sign another free agent.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Drouin would be the only one I'm interested in, but Tampa can't take on any salary now that stammer was signed.

I have a funny feeling we might be kicking the tires on Bishop to see if we can get him back on the cheap. TB re-signing Stamkos almost guarantees that they will move him and probably at least one forward, maybe two. I could see Killorn (pending RFA) and Palat being the odd guys out there. Both will be looking for much more on their next deals and TB just doesn't having the money if they are going to re-sign Kucherov this summer and Johnson and Hedman next summer.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I think Stammer staying in TB gives Detroit more incentive to take on Shatty with an extension and still have money to sign another free agent.

Assuming that is true, what would we even want from them? They already shot down Larkin. The reality is that there is nothing available that makes us a better team, and this is supposed to be an all in season. I think picks/prospects are our best option now, but I'm absolutely certain we will be nowhere as good on paper as we were last year.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

I'm not so sure we'd like what we'd get back, though. Stamkos was by all accounts their Plan A this offseason with Datsyuk's retirement, and they are thin at center now and likely unwilling to give up Svechnikov. I suppose you could set your sights on AA or Mantha in addition to Tatar and their 2017 1st, but I don't see us getting a C prospect from them.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

For Shattenkirk? The Lightning have to worry about the number of protection slots they have open for the expansion draft. I doubt they'd be interested.

If they were, I imagine it would be around Filppula and Killorn. Which isn't enough.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Not in the slightest. He's allowed to not sign in a place he doesn't want to be. I won't fault a guy for exercising the right to choose where he goes.

Nope, He earn ever right to pick were he wants to play next year, when he hits UFA. He doesnt owe the Blues anything.

And I don't disagree with that, but that doesn't mean its not frustrating lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad