Blues Trade Proposals 2021-2022 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
What's the furthest year you can trade picks away? If I was trading for Eichel, I'd offer a bunch of conditional picks based on his health/performance. It's too risky for me to offer anything of significant value straight up for him in his current state.

alwaysBlue

Jan 17, 2018
Who would be some LHD you’d want the Blues to go after? I’d love to try and get Lindholm from Anaheim but I think he’d be a hot commodity at the deadline. I’ve heard Soucy but I’m not very familiar with him. Anyone else?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Who would be some LHD you’d want the Blues to go after? I’d love to try and get Lindholm from Anaheim but I think he’d be a hot commodity at the deadline. I’ve heard Soucy but I’m not very familiar with him. Anyone else?
My dream acquisition would be Noah Hanifin. I think it is a pipe dream though. Darryl Sutter really likes him. Another guy I really, REALLY like, is Jacob Slavin. Good luck with that, lol.

Last edited:

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
What's the furthest year you can trade picks away? If I was trading for Eichel, I'd offer a bunch of conditional picks based on his health/performance. It's too risky for me to offer anything of significant value straight up for him in his current state.

The issue with Eichel is that we'd be looking for a low downside deal and A) Any team can offer that and B) I'm sure any GM would be wary of giving away Eichel for peanuts to the same team who they just gave ROR away for peanuts not too long ago. Buffalo fans would want Adams' head on a stick if he traded Eichel for a bunch of conditional picks to us in particular.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
The issue with Eichel is that we'd be looking for a low downside deal and A) Any team can offer that and B) I'm sure any GM would be wary of giving away Eichel for peanuts to the same team who they just gave ROR away for peanuts not too long ago. Buffalo fans would want Adams' head on a stick if he traded Eichel for a bunch of conditional picks to us in particular.
Sure Buffalo is going to want more certainty in their return, but my own personal opinion is that it's just too risky for me to give up much without conditions.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Say you can get him extended and retained 50% this year. Is there a price point that works for both sides?
1st, Barbashev, Kostin, scandella/bortz (+?)
Lindholm 50% + extension
Doubt we get him extended for what we want, but that’s a legit cup contending team
I want no part in trading Barby, and honestly I'd like to give KK a chance here.

especially if you're trading Vladi at some point

I know ya got to give to get, but.. maybe "I" just don't want that player bad enuff

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
A few people said it was way too much and a few people said it wasn’t nearly enough. It’s funny how differences of opinions are.
count me in the "too much" catagory

then again, I don't see center as an area of need. regardless of the talent he is

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Sure Buffalo is going to want more certainty in their return, but my own personal opinion is that it's just too risky for me to give up much without conditions.

I think he's worth risking actual assets, because of the upside. But I wouldn't disagree with wariness about his health. But I don't think there's any realistic chance that they listen to magic bean offers from us given the history.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I don't see us in the running for Eichel. Especially if they think they have a shot at the cup this year.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
As much as I’d love a healthy Eichel…we could have the best offer for him, and they still wouldn’t trade him to us.

There hasn’t been enough time passed yet for people to forget us taking them to the woodshed for O’Reilly. From a PR standpoint, they’d get shredded.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
As much as I’d love a healthy Eichel…we could have the best offer for him, and they still wouldn’t trade him to us.

There hasn’t been enough time passed yet for people to forget us taking them to the woodshed for O’Reilly. From a PR standpoint, they’d get shredded.
Don’t know if it makes a difference or not but it is a new regime and the Pegulas (according to sabres fans) only give a shit about the Bills so it could work lol

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Don’t know if it makes a difference or not but it is a new regime and the Pegulas (according to sabres fans) only give a shit about the Bills so it could work lol
giphy.webp

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I have no interest in trading for Eichel. I think we can compete for the cup with our depth this year. Trading for JE means we are moving things back a year. And then in 2023 we have a lot of UFA to figure out. I am not willing to waste this season.

if we had made a move in July, and he had his surgery, he would have made it back during the season. Now he likely won’t step on the ice prior to the end of this season and who knows how long it will take to get up to speed.

I would prefer us to add a top 4 LHD.

Reactions: Meatball

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Top 4 LHD, as I see it today, that could possibly be attainable:

Marcus Pettersson, PIT
Carson Soucy, SEA
Nick Leddy, DET
Oliver Kylington, CGY
Rasmus Sandin, TOR
Travis Dermott, TOR
Marc Staal, DET
Hampus Lindholm, ANA
Alexander Romanov, MTL

All of these guys would be good for us on both ends of the ice. Some are long-term plays, some would just be rentals. But based on the early returns of the young season, these guys would help.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not many of those guys are actual upgrades over Scandella. I'm hoping Philly implodes and we can go after Provorov or Sanheim. Lindholm is the only clear and obvious option right now IMO.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Top 4 LHD, as I see it today, that could possibly be attainable:

Marcus Pettersson, PIT
Carson Soucy, SEA
Nick Leddy, DET
Oliver Kylington, CGY
Rasmus Sandin, TOR
Travis Dermott, TOR
Marc Staal, DET
Hampus Lindholm, ANA
Alexander Romanov, MTL

All of these guys would be good for us on both ends of the ice. Some are long-term plays, some would just be rentals. But based on the early returns of the young season, these guys would help.
one or 2 of those guys are great, but most of the others would be same or even worse than what we have.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
one or 2 of those guys are great, but most of the others would be same or even worse than what we have.

Well, Bortz and Wally are off to an excellent start to the season, so you’re not wrong necessarily.

But stats-wise, each of the guys I listed are top-100 in the league for dmen in terms of CFrel% on naturalstattrick, while also having positive impacts offensively while on the ice. At the very least, they’d be better than Scandella, and IMO that’s all we need to be looking for

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Well, Bortz and Wally are off to an excellent start to the season, so you’re not wrong necessarily.

But stats-wise, each of the guys I listed are top-100 in the league for dmen in terms of CFrel% on naturalstattrick, while also having positive impacts offensively while on the ice. At the very least, they’d be better than Scandella, and IMO that’s all we need to be looking for
Is that this year? Really small sample.

I like Petterson but his contract could be issue. spicy is decent, but maybe not better than Scandella. Leddy is interesting idea. Kylington is pretty meh. Sandin is good prospect but another small D is probably not what we need. Dermott is meh. Staal is bad. Lindholm would be perfect. Romanov I like but no way he is available I’d think.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The Blues were interested in Suter early, but for good reason avoided a four year term. Giordano seemingly has similar veteran attributes and would be an attractive rental for someone. But he wasn't good enough for Calgary to keep. His price would be less than Lindholm's.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Chara too, but probably to a lesser degree since he's not really top 4 quality at this point. Army knows that's the main weak spot, and if the offense does continue, obviously not to this degree, but if it maintains as a top 10 offense in the league, then Army will be aggressive IMO.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad