Blues Trade Proposals 2020-21 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Would you guys do something around Vladi for Zucker+? I’m sure he’d love to play with Malkin, especially since they posted on social media that they were hanging out recently.

Zucker would probably also benefit being back in the Central, and I could see him doing well on a line with Schenn and Kyrou.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Would you guys do something around Vladi for Zucker+? I’m sure he’d love to play with Malkin, especially since they posted on social media that they were hanging out recently.

Zucker would probably also benefit being back in the Central, and I could see him doing well on a line with Schenn and Kyrou.
Yes I have some interest in Zucker. Think he would fit well in our system.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin

I'd be totally cool with Zucker. I think he'd work well in Berube's system.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Yes I have some interest in Zucker. Think he would fit well in our system.
Maybe he's been out of the division long enough that I just don't remember the player well enough, but I thought he was a speedy player where the speed only worked one way. In other words, he was hard to catch headed into the offensive zone, but not so eager and motivated when it came time to back check. I don't see that as being a Berube type player and, frankly, something that many have worried about with respect to Kyrou's game.

Personally I like the idea, and would like to see him here, I just question the notion that he is a "Berube guy".

Reactions: Blueston

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I have a feeling we are getting a 1st rounder tonight for Tarasenko without retention.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
i hope we can end up with a 2nd rounder or two, either by trading Vladi OR by moving back from #17 a couple of times. I wouldn't mind moving back to #20-#23 if we can pick up a 2nd this year or next in the process. I'd also move Tarasenko for as many top-64 picks as Armstrong can get from a single GM; across however many years it takes.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
i hope we can end up with a 2nd rounder or two, either by trading Vladi OR by moving back from #17 a couple of times. I wouldn't mind moving back to #20-#23 if we can pick up a 2nd this year or next in the process. I'd also move Tarasenko for as many top-64 picks as Armstrong can get from a single GM; across however many years it takes.

If there’s a player we like at 16, i hope we take him instead of moving back

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Go after Joel Armia. He would be perfect fit. One that is my mind is Schmidt. Scandella away.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Go after Joel Armia. He would be perfect fit. One that is my mind is Schmidt. Scandella away.
Agreed. Armia would be a great 3rd RW.
  • Perron-ROR-Buchnevich
  • Schenn-Thomas-Kyrou
  • Kostin -Sundqvist-Armia
  • Sanford-Barbashev-Clifford/Mac-Mac
OR
  • Perron-ROR-Buchnevich
  • Schenn-Thomas-Kyrou
  • Sanford-Bozak(?)-Armia
  • Kostin-Barbashev-Sundqvist

Last edited:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
  • Perron-ROR-Buchnevich
  • Schenn-Thomas-Kyrou
OR
  • Perron-ROR-Buchnevich
  • Schenn-Thomas-Kyrou
  • Sanford-Bozak(?)-Armia

I don’t think that forward group looks necessarily competitive, however, the good news is there is a lot of youth littered in there.

Odd to see a projected lineup without 17 and/or 91

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
  • Perron-ROR-Buchnevich
  • Schenn-Thomas-Kyrou
OR
  • Perron-ROR-Buchnevich
  • Schenn-Thomas-Kyrou
  • Sanford-Bozak(?)-Armia

I'd definitely want a 2nd liner added to that group(ideally, keep Hoffman as a PP weapon).
Not sold on having both Kyrou and Thomas in the top 6 just yet(not to mention we would have a crapload of Cap space left to spend).

Perron-ROR-Buch
Hoffman-Schenn-Kyrou
Kostin-Thomas-Armia
Sanford-Barbs-Sunny

Reactions: Meatball

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Do we realistically have the pieces to make a run at an Eichel trade?

I was just looking at the roster and seeing the extended contracts that put us in a win-now mode however we don’t have the pieces to be in a win now mode.

However, I don’t think a guy like Landeskog puts us in the discussion of being a contender it would really (from my view) have to be an Eichel or a legitimate threat as so, I just don’t see us having the pieces to make something like that happen.

I’d imagine it would have to include multiple firsts, probably Kyrou/Thomas and another younger roster player if we were going to make a serious push. But is something like Thomas + Sanford + 2022 +2023 first something that even is appealing enough to make a move for Eichel and also what would that leave us with?

Schenn - Eichel - Kyrou
Buch - ROR - Perron
Barbashev - Sunny - xxx

And then limited cap for the 4th line with Mac/Clifford/Kostin as options for 4th liners or extras?

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
Do we realistically have the pieces to make a run at an Eichel trade?

I was just looking at the roster and seeing the extended contracts that put us in a win-now mode however we don’t have the pieces to be in a win now mode.

However, I don’t think a guy like Landeskog puts us in the discussion of being a contender it would really (from my view) have to be an Eichel or a legitimate threat as so, I just don’t see us having the pieces to make something like that happen.

I’d imagine it would have to include multiple firsts, probably Kyrou/Thomas and another younger roster player if we were going to make a serious push. But is something like Thomas + Sanford + 2022 +2023 first something that even is appealing enough to make a move for Eichel and also what would that leave us with?

Schenn - Eichel - Kyrou
Buch - ROR - Perron
Barbashev - Sunny - xxx

And then limited cap for the 4th line with Mac/Clifford/Kostin as options for 4th liners or extras?

No chance! We have a better chance at Matthew Tkachuk. So in other words zero...unless we can get a damn good haul for Vladi. And than include them in the trade.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
The only way we get Eichel is if a trade is built around him and Tarasenko.

What/who else would be involved? IDK

I’m not good at trade proposals.

Anyone take a stab at this???

My stab: From the Blues end, this trade starts with Tarasenko and Sanford.

Last edited:

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
The only way we get Eichel is if a trade is built around him and Tarasenko.

What/who else would be involved? IDK

I’m not good at trade proposals.

Anyone take a stab at this???

My stab: From the Blues end, this trade starts with Tarasenko and Sanford.
With what Buffalo is apparently asking, we aren't even in the ballpark unless we're offering two roster players, two prospects and a pick (according to a few insiders).

The only thing DA could offer that wouldn't get him hung up on would be something like: Thomas, Tarasenko (were he to sign off on it, unlikely), Perunovich and our first next year. And yes, that's exhorbitant but that's what their GM is asking for. If we were to make a serious offer, we'd have to beat a Zegras + package from Anaheim, a Byfield/Turcotte + package from LA, a Rossi + package from Minnesota or a Kakko + package from NYR (those are just the teams insiders keep saying are 'in' on Eichel).

At this point, keeping a ROR/Schenn/Thomas/Bozak or Barby center core and keeping picks for deadline moves might be more feasible then completely selling what's left of the farm for Eichel. I'm personally for getting Eichel if the above is the package so long as his health isn't in question; I've seen plenty of Sabres games the past few years and he's a top 10 center in hockey when healthy.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
With what Buffalo is apparently asking, we aren't even in the ballpark unless we're offering two roster players, two prospects and a pick (according to a few insiders).

The only thing DA could offer that wouldn't get him hung up on would be something like: Thomas, Tarasenko (were he to sign off on it, unlikely), Perunovich and our first next year. And yes, that's exhorbitant but that's what their GM is asking for. If we were to make a serious offer, we'd have to beat a Zegras + package from Anaheim, a Byfield/Turcotte + package from LA, a Rossi + package from Minnesota or a Kakko + package from NYR (those are just the teams insiders keep saying are 'in' on Eichel).

At this point, keeping a ROR/Schenn/Thomas/Bozak or Barby center core and keeping picks for deadline moves might be more feasible then completely selling what's left of the farm for Eichel. I'm personally for getting Eichel if the above is the package so long as his health isn't in question; I've seen plenty of Sabres games the past few years and he's a top 10 center in hockey when healthy.
For sure. I know only Tarasenko and Sanford will not get it done. A pick or two? Maybe switch Sanford out for Thomas?

Buffalo’s asking price may be high, but what they wind up receiving will not be, imo.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
For Eichel to land in STL:
Thomas, Kyrou, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, depth roster-player

Maybe if you retain $2.5M on Tarasenko for 2-years you can get a 2022 1st as part of the return for him elsewhere, and backfill some of the lost draft capital. But that would signal the near complete transformation of the Blues into the Sabres.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Well gosh! If that’s what really happens, then I’m even worse at trade proposals than I thought.

Where’s my popcorn?

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Wait what if we just re-sign Schwartz

I’d bring back Schwartz for the right price, especially since he already has solid chemistry with Schenn and Kyrou/Vladi.

We could run a top 6 of this to start the year:
Perron-O’Reilly-Buchnevich
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou/Tarasenko

With all this said, if we can upgrade his spot, I’d prefer that, but I wouldn’t be upset if he came back.

Reactions: Xanadude

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I’d bring back Schwartz for the right price, especially since he already has solid chemistry with Schenn and Kyrou/Vladi.

We could run a top 6 of this to start the year:
Perron-O’Reilly-Buchnevich
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou/Tarasenko

With all this said, if we can upgrade his spot, I’d prefer that, but I wouldn’t be upset if he came back.
Realistically though, how are we going to upgrade on him? Not many better options. Landeskog ain’t happening

Reactions: BleedBlue14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad