Blues Trade Proposals 2020-21 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Based on what Keith returned with no retention, Vladi has to yield something better.
Why? He hasnt played in that many games in years and uncertain what level he will play.

Keith other hand is what he is. Edmonton knows what they get.

Interesting to see when Army is forced in the corner and every GM and squeeze that sucker balls and I wonder when he squeal like a pig.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Why? He hasnt played in that many games in years and uncertain what level he will play.

Keith other hand is what he is. Edmonton knows what they get.

Interesting to see when Army is forced in the corner and every GM and squeeze that sucker balls and I wonder when he squeal like a pig.

Keith is shit. Knowing he's shit doesn't make him less shit, or somehow more valuable than Tarasenko. We know what Robert Bortuzzo is too. He's a fine bottom pairing Dman and nothing more. Tarasenko's worst play is better than Duncan Keith's current best. He's trash.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Everyone is going to bash Army for not moving Tarasenko.

There are so many other factors to consider in a deal for Tarasenko.

If the plan wasn't to protect Tarasenko, then you have to get a player more valuable than Barbashev to make it worth protecting and on defense, more valuable than Krug. There is way more to this trade than just flip and ship because of the expansion draft.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Apparently Vegas had an offer that included Glass and salary retention.

I'm reserving judgement until we fill the cap space that Tarasenko took up. If he doesn't want to retain because of ownership or just on principle, that will be frustrating, but if it's part of a grander plan to have the best possible team, then I understand. I also get the sense that Army isn't overly interested in youth. While I'm more on board with signing contracts similar to the Schenn deal since we will already be going downhill, acquiring young NHL ready talent is our best way to retool on the fly when that decline happens.

Reactions: Blues Knight

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, I suppose if you view him as sort of a failed prospect at this point, or if the retention was high, then it's not worth it. It's really going to come down to how we eventually use the cap space.

If we lose Tarasenko at the draft and sign Landeskog for 7.5, then it won't bother me. If Tarasenko's cap space is used on players we don't need or don't fit, then that will be annoying.

Reactions: JEMarks3

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Full Stop. For as long as Stillman has owned the team, we have been a cap team.

Maybe we need to start shedding Salary after a year in which we has no real attendance and therefore no ticket sales. Of the past two seasons, we were only able to generate partial revenue from 4 playoff games.

This is a team that has always needed playoff revenue to make money or break even.

I know this is a toy for most fans, but there are real $$$ cost here. You lose millions in a season or over two seasons then yes……. You may need to cut salary.

Plus we have no idea of what teams were willing to offer for Dunn and Turdball. If we traded Dunn for a 2nd and still lost Turdball to the expansion draft, I would consider that poor asset management.

There will be teams needing Dunn after the expansion draft and there will be teams interest in the turd if he can increase his value and pot some goals in the net.

And yes, when you demand a trade I lose total respect for you. You have a contract, paying you $$$$, quit being a douche and live up to it. No respect for him right now

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
I am going to reserve full judgement for after this off-season, but so far the optics are one of a big mess.
I learned this lesson after thinking Tyler bozak was our big offseason move. Army obviously has a plan for the space. We shall see what happens, but by saying our window is open and stillman saying we’re still spending to the cap, this isn’t the roster we’re going into next year with so we’ll see what happens

Reactions: Blueston

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Full Stop. For as long as Stillman has owned the team, we have been a cap team.

Maybe we need to start shedding Salary after a year in which we has no real attendance and therefore no ticket sales. Of the past two seasons, we were only able to generate partial revenue from 4 playoff games.

This is a team that has always needed playoff revenue to make money or break even.

I know this is a toy for most fans, but there are real $$$ cost here. You lose millions in a season or over two seasons then yes……. You may need to cut salary.

Plus we have no idea of what teams were willing to offer for Dunn and Turdball. If we traded Dunn for a 2nd and still lost Turdball to the expansion draft, I would consider that poor asset management.

There will be teams needing Dunn after the expansion draft and there will be teams interest in the turd if he can increase his value and pot some goals in the net.

And yes, when you demand a trade I lose total respect for you. You have a contract, paying you $$$$, quit being a douche and live up to it. No respect for him right now

maybe consider the teams medical staff putting you in a position to have to endure 3 surgeries for the same injury, costing you ~2yrs of your career, not to mention the tremendous amount of rehab that goes along with it

that being said, I'm not a fan of the way Vladi's agent has gone about this. by going public, it put Army behind the 8ball. had they kept it under wraps, I'm guessing he'd have been dealt already

Reactions: Blues0307

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
maybe consider the teams medical staff putting you in a position to have to endure 3 surgeries for the same injury, costing you ~2yrs of your career, not to mention the tremendous amount of rehab that goes along with it

that being said, I'm not a fan of the way Vladi's agent has gone about this. by going public, it put Army behind the 8ball. had they kept it under wraps, I'm guessing he'd have been dealt already
Its been reported he asked for the trade 2 months ago. That's pretty impatient for the situation: upcoming expansion draft, flat cap time, player coming back from injury who hasn't re-established his value, etc. I don't think any GM would have been able to move him yet. Going nuclear through JR just comes across as entitled and unrealistic.

Vlad had 3 surgeries, but the team also paid him his contract regardless of what he was able to contribute. Its not like anyone wanted him to have repeat surgeries. I don't blame him at all for frustration with the medical staff and maybe he is rightly upset at how his feedback was processed in the recovery. I even think he's fine asking for a trade. I just disagree strongly with the public information games and trying pressure Armstrong to make a bad deal to move him sooner. He's making it harder for Armstrong to accommodate his request.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Its been reported he asked for the trade 2 months ago. That's pretty impatient for the situation: upcoming expansion draft, flat cap time, player coming back from injury who hasn't re-established his value, etc. I don't think any GM would have been able to move him yet. Going nuclear through JR just comes across as entitled and unrealistic.

Vlad had 3 surgeries, but the team also paid him his contract regardless of what he was able to contribute. Its not like anyone wanted him to have repeat surgeries. I don't blame him at all for frustration with the medical staff and maybe he is rightly upset at how his feedback was processed in the recovery. I even think he's fine asking for a trade. I just disagree strongly with the public information games and trying pressure Armstrong to make a bad deal to move him sooner. He's making it harder for Armstrong to accommodate his request.

I get it, but to just casually say 'well you got paid, what do you care' is silly (not specifically you, I've seen it mentioned by a few folks). that's 2 yrs of your career
surgeries are NOT without pain, nor is rehab (been there done that) so I can TOTALLY understand his frustration

and like you, I do NOT like the way his agent has handled this. it would have been MUCH better for everyone involved to keep it lowkey

Reactions: joe galiba

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I get it, but to just casually say 'well you got paid, what do you care' is silly (not specifically you, I've seen it mentioned by a few folks). that's 2 yrs of your career
surgeries are NOT without pain, nor is rehab (been there done that) so I can TOTALLY understand his frustration

and like you, I do NOT like the way his agent has handled this. it would have been MUCH better for everyone involved to keep it lowkey
It’s not like surgery was screwed up on purpose. Surgery isn’t guaranteed. Sometimes good surgeons do everything right and doesn’t work. To blame Blues is silly. Not like team wanted that result.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
It’s not like surgery was screwed up on purpose. Surgery isn’t guaranteed. Sometimes good surgeons do everything right and doesn’t work. To blame Blues is silly. Not like team wanted that result.
totally get it, and agree, but that doesn't make everything he had to go thru go away

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
my view as someone who has had surgery on one shoulder, and haven't had surgery on my other shoulder that dislocates because it sucks

Vladi going thru a surgery, saying something doesn't feel right, being told -no,no that is normal scar tissue, it won't feel the same right away, it is your new normal, blah, blah blah (toughen up you are a hockey player)
then having it dislocate again on a nothing play, going through the surgery and rehab again and then THE EXACT SAME THING
when he left the bubble - he is not a team player, he is abandoning his teammates, his shoulder is fine - he is just being a baby

goes to a new doctor, gets his shoulder fixed, gets told the 1st surgeons missed something not just once but twice
and just crickets from blues management - their medical staff screwed this up and the silence, to me, sure doesn't appear to show having Vladi's back

i would be pissed too

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
my view as someone who has had surgery on one shoulder, and haven't had surgery on my other shoulder that dislocates because it sucks

Vladi going thru a surgery, saying something doesn't feel right, being told -no,no that is normal scar tissue, it won't feel the same right away, it is your new normal, blah, blah blah (toughen up you are a hockey player)
then having it dislocate again on a nothing play, going through the surgery and rehab again and then THE EXACT SAME THING
when he left the bubble - he is not a team player, he is abandoning his teammates, his shoulder is fine - he is just being a baby

goes to a new doctor, gets his shoulder fixed, gets told the 1st surgeons missed something not just once but twice
and just crickets from blues management - their medical staff screwed this up and the silence, to me, sure doesn't appear to show having Vladi's back

i would be pissed too

1st. It is normal for most physicians to tell you it wont feel the same - pretty standard MD talk. It isn't like the Blues or the surgeon said f3ck it, lets ruin an asset because he is Russian.

Also, who said Blues said nothing to him or called him out. or said he was a baby for leaving the bubble...... Can you show me where this was said?

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011

I just posted this in a different thread, but I'll post it here as well. The team's medical staff has nothing to do with the surgery. The surgery is done by a doctor that is on a list of other doctors who have similar specialties and has been agreed to be put on said list by both the NHL and NHLPA. There is no surgeon that works specifically or directly for a team. It is a completely independent medical business.

If anything, this should reflect poorly on the medical staff that TARASENKO CHOSE.

Reactions: The Electrician

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

i would be pissed too
Stipulating all this, what would you want the team to do? I’m not sure what kinds of things we’d hear about publicly in this category. The situation just sucks all the way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad