Blues Trade Proposals 2020-21 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Stipulating all this, what would you want the team to do? I’m not sure what kinds of things we’d hear about publicly in this category. The situation just sucks all the way around.

I agree, it is just more my take on his perception of why he wants out, I don't really blame him or the Blues

and in the Blues training staffs defense, I know coming back from a shoulder injury - there is a lot of discomfort and things don't always feel the same, and when you are going through rehab you really wonder if it is really supposed to feel like this, but most of the time it is normal and it (mostly) goes away

I also think he kind of got called out for his play, while coming back from 2 years of rust and playing through a lower body injury - after all the work he did coming back from 3 surgeries (the workouts those guys go through is nothing like guys at the local gym, what they go through is just stupid hard) I think the frustration of everything just reached a level where Vladi just said that is it, I am done, I want to start over somewhere else

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I agree, it is just more my take on his perception of why he wants out, I don't really blame him or the Blues

and in the Blues training staffs defense, I know coming back from a shoulder injury - there is a lot of discomfort and things don't always feel the same, and when you are going through rehab you really wonder if it is really supposed to feel like this, but most of the time it is normal and it (mostly) goes away

I also think he kind of got called out for his play, while coming back from 2 years of rust and playing through a lower body injury - after all the work he did coming back from 3 surgeries (the workouts those guys go through is nothing like guys at the local gym, what they go through is just stupid hard) I think the frustration of everything just reached a level where Vladi just said that is it, I am done, I want to start over somewhere else
He was mentally slow and struggled to get his feet moving, a lot. I felt like he was a detriment to his line a lot of the time. Everyone tried to help him play through that, but it was frustrating. I’m sure he was frustrated with his play too.

Sometimes it’s just best to get a fresh start somewhere. I don’t fault him for requesting a trade, and I’m not sure the Blues are even terribly disappointed he’s leaving. Not many are positive he’ll produce at his contract expectations again. I just wish the divorce could have been handled with less drama.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Let's assume Tarasenko is damaged goods and (1) the Kraken are taking Dunn and (2) nobody is paying Army's asking rate for #91 other than (3) a straight-up trade with Columbus for Laine. Do you take your chances with Laine, or hold Tarasenko for as long as it takes to get an acceptable deal?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Let's assume Tarasenko is damaged goods and (1) the Kraken are taking Dunn and (2) nobody is paying Army's asking rate for #91 other than (3) a straight-up trade with Columbus for Laine. Do you take your chances with Laine, or hold Tarasenko for as long as it takes to get an acceptable deal?

You absolutely take Laine. Columbus tells you no thank you though.

Columbus will hold onto Laine and hope to build up his value this season - or make a run a Barkov next to play with him. I just don't see the Jackets trading Laine for Tarasenko without other assets coming back.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
You absolutely take Laine. Columbus tells you no thank you though.

Columbus will hold onto Laine and hope to build up his value this season - or make a run a Barkov next to play with him. I just don't see the Jackets trading Laine for Tarasenko without other assets coming back.
Yeah, Laine is worth significantly more than Tarasenko. Not sure how anyone would think otherwise.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Yeah, Laine is worth significantly more than Tarasenko. Not sure how anyone would think otherwise.
I don’t know that Laine’s value is all that high; he’s an RFA with sights on a big payday, equally as one-dimensional as Tarasenko, and probably not wanting to stick around in Columbus. If Jarmo thinks he can’t get Tarasenko to stick around in Ohio (huge IF), that’s probably as dangerous of a replacement for Laine as he’s gonna find…assuming 91 is fully healthy. (Another monumental leap of faith required). With retention on Tarasenko and another sweetener, maybe Columbus would consider…though they’re probably closer to a full rebuild than a retool.
Laine definitely has mire value than Tarasenko, but he’s lost a lot of luster these past couple years.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Depending on what they mean by 'astronomical', It might be better to wait till Little Walt hits UFA before we sign him.
I'm more convinced as time goes by that he will be a UFA next offseason. That poison pill in his deal, requiring that the Flames (or another team if he is traded) extend him a qualifying offer of $9M for 2022-23 when the cap will still be flat pretty much guarantees that he will be a UFA unless a team that he wants to extend with long-term holds his rights. If I'm Army, I'm willing to roll the dice and not offer anything more than Sanford + 1st for him this season and either wait for the price to go down or wait until July 1, 2022 when he becomes a UFA after not being tendered a QO.

Edit to point out that this alone might be an indication that cap space is conserved this offseason to make sure it is available for MT next offseason.

Reactions: taylord22

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
It has always seemed far more likely to me that if MT were to end up in a Bluenote, it would be via UFA and not a trade. I think there's a decent shot of that happening, but I never really thought trading for him was on the table.

Reactions: BlueOil

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It has always seemed far more likely to me that if MT were to end up in a Bluenote, it would be via UFA and not a trade. I think there's a decent shot of that happening, but I never really thought trading for him was on the table.
I think it would come down to if Calgary wanted to accept a deal from us that's worth a little more than what a rental cost would be, but significantly less than a deal for an extended Tkachuk would be.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Someone mentioned this on the main boards and I was curious what everyone here thinks of it:

Seattle takes Tarasenko and Hagg

Seattle sends Tarasenko to Philly for Voracek, JVR, and a 2nd round pick

Seattle sends JVR to St. Louis for a 3rd round pick

Blues - JVR, Seattle agrees not to take Dunn
Flyers - Tarasenko, 9.35 million in cap space
Kraken - Voracek, Hagg, 2nd and 3rd round picks

Last edited:
Reactions: Xanadude

Thallis

Progression is not linear
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Someone mentioned this on the main boards and I was curious what everyone here thinks of it:

I'm not all that familiar with what JVR's game is like or what his contract situation is but at least on paper, this seems pretty reasonable. Any thoughts?

A 3rd doesn't get it done for JVR. Hell, Tarasenko doesn't get it done for JVR. I don't think we're getting anything back from Tarasenko. He's gone and that will be it.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin

I'd like either Voracek or JVR, as we're in win-now and can take bad contracts no problem. Still, that's a ton of moving parts, I dunno.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
A 3rd doesn't get it done for JVR. Hell, Tarasenko doesn't get it done for JVR. I don't think we're getting anything back from Tarasenko. He's gone and that will be it.
I think we need to pay to somebody take him.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I think we need to pay to somebody take him.

Terry Cinco can rot then, I wouldn't be paying anything to move him. He's the one who forced this move through his agent and the Blues are under no obligation to trade him. He's under contract, he can go ahead and not report if he wants but that's on him.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Tarasenko and a small+ for Voracek and 1st.

Then Flip one of our 1sts to NYR for Buch.
I would love to see that, but I doubt Philly would give up voracek +, probably just voracek with us retaining a bit on Tarasenko. Buch might cost a little more too. I'd like to see either of them, especially Buchnevich.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I would love to see that, but I doubt Philly would give up voracek +, probably just voracek with us retaining a bit on Tarasenko. Buch might cost a little more too. I'd like to see either of them, especially Buchnevich.
Voracek has extra year and higher salary. Flyers I expect gonna need to retain or send a pick if deal is to happen.

Reactions: southsider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->