Blues Trade Proposals 2020-21 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Best option is re-signing Schwartz to a 3rd line value contract. If he needs to shop around first and then decides St Louis' offer is the best choice for him, that's cool. This is Armstrong's forte, being patient and letting the market declare itself.

I bet Seattle offers him a nice size contract. 5 yrs 30 mill

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
With how Seattle handled things in the expansion draft, I’d need a real overpay if I am a free agent, or at least to be the first to make the leap.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
For Eichel to land in STL:
Thomas, Kyrou, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, depth roster-player

Maybe if you retain $2.5M on Tarasenko for 2-years you can get a 2022 1st as part of the return for him elsewhere, and backfill some of the lost draft capital. But that would signal the near complete transformation of the Blues into the Sabres.

That's probably a package Buffalo is looking for and I might do it if Eichel was 100% healthy but IMO it's to much to give up. Losing Thomas and Kyrou AND two 1st's is too risky.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Something around Tarasenko for Scmidt sounds good to me. I'd also offer Scandella if there is any interest there. They just cleared three bad contracts off the books in one trade for OEL.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Friedman says Schwartz may have already agreed to a Seattle contract, we're front-runners for Saad and that New Jersey and NYI are the most likely Tarasenko landing spot.

I'm really curious if we could pry Miles Wood or Pavel Zacha from Jersey in a Tarasenko trade. Zacha would be a perfect Berube 3C and I absolutely love Wood's game.

Reactions: MissouriMook

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Friedman says Schwartz may have already agreed to a Seattle contract, we're front-runners for Saad and that New Jersey and NYI are the most likely Tarasenko landing spot.

I'm really curious if we could pry Miles Wood or Pavel Zacha from Jersey in a Tarasenko trade. Zacha would be a perfect Berube 3C and I absolutely love Wood's game.
Somewhat irritating that Seattle essentially got to draft two players from our term. If the terms with Schwartz were nearly agreed to during their exclusive negotiating window...

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Would love if Martinez and Hakanpää would be our team. Scandella and Bortuzzo out.

Some kind upgrade, but still upgrade.

Reactions: Meatball

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
Somewhat irritating that Seattle essentially got to draft two players from our term. If the terms with Schwartz were nearly agreed to during their exclusive negotiating window...
Sure is looking like we were the biggest losers of the expansion draft. Schwartz being signed elsewhere could prove to be a blessing in disguise though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I haven't looked closely enough at him, but I wonder if Pettersson could be a decent buy-low out of Pittsburgh, his contract isn't ideal though. My thought process is, I'd like to find a Buchnevich aged LHD, that is sort of in the mold of Bouwmeester, which means, someone that is underrated because analytics don't look great. As soon as Bouwmeester came here and was used properly, he looked much better, but he was always a player that had a better eye test than on analytics. Get someone that has some youth, that is smooth skating, and that has a good defensive stick. Put them next to Parayko, and they'll look really good IMO.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I haven't looked closely enough at him, but I wonder if Pettersson could be a decent buy-low out of Pittsburgh, his contract isn't ideal though. My thought process is, I'd like to find a Buchnevich aged LHD, that is sort of in the mold of Bouwmeester, which means, someone that is underrated because analytics don't look great. As soon as Bouwmeester came here and was used properly, he looked much better, but he was always a player that had a better eye test than on analytics. Get someone that has some youth, that is smooth skating, and that has a good defensive stick. Put them next to Parayko, and they'll look really good IMO.
Depending on how the pro scouts view him, even if it is more of a Gunnarsson complimentary guy than a Bouwmeester, I think he would be a fine fit financially at his cap hit as long as he is giving you stability in a Top 4 role. Maybe something like Walman with a small plus gets it done.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Depending on how the pro scouts view him, even if it is more of a Gunnarsson complimentary guy than a Bouwmeester, I think he would be a fine fit financially at his cap hit as long as he is giving you stability in a Top 4 role. Maybe something like Walman with a small plus gets it done.
They'd have to be very confident that he's a solid top 4 guy here regardless of his partner though. You can't tie yourself to someone that is basically Scandella for that long. That's why I'm not saying it's a move we should do because I haven't seen enough of him to know. Just that, I think that player type is a buy-low candidate because they aren't valued as highly in today's NHL.

I just haven't been paying enough attention to other teams as in the past to know who is a Bouwmeester type that is very good on eye test, but sucks on analytics because of usage.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissouriMook

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
They'd have to be very confident that he's a solid top 4 guy here regardless of his partner though. You can't tie yourself to someone that is basically Scandella for that long. That's why I'm not saying it's a move we should do because I haven't seen enough of him to know. Just that, I think that player type is a buy-low candidate because they aren't valued as highly in today's NHL.

I just haven't been paying enough attention to other teams as in the past to know who is a Bouwmeester type that is very good on eye test, but sucks on analytics because of usage.
I've always liked him as player but that contract is bit much. Wonder if they would retain anything?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Just rewatched game 7 of Toronto vs. Boston, April 2019. Jake Gardiner was a -5, and responsible for every GA vs Toronto. In a game 7 of a playoff series! Just NO! No no no no! To Jake Gardiner in a trade!

Last edited:

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Just rewatched game 7 of Toronto vs. Boston, April 2019. Jake Gardiner was a -5, and responsible for every GA vs Toronto. In a game 7 of a playoff series! Just NO! No no no no! To Jake Gardiner in a trade!
Gretzky turned the puck over to yzerman to lose in game 7….I wouldn’t want that guy either

Reactions: Blueston

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Not trying to 'defend' Gardiner in any way, but wasn't he playing injured (back injury)?

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
What are everyone’s thoughts on the deal on the main boards?

Jake neighbors
zach Sanford
Robert bortuzzo

phil kessel (50% retained)
Kyle Capobianco
COL 22 first round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad