Blues Trade Proposals 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Why hasn’t he been able to make the Flyers consistently?

Big and can skate.... usually a recipe for success. So my guess is hockey IQ.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Why hasn’t he been able to make the Flyers consistently?

Big and can skate.... usually a recipe for success. So my guess is hockey IQ.
Possibly, but he has suffered a few injuries, including a broken hand and most recently, a torn ACL. He is also up against the Flyers depth chart.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
There is a thread on the mains about Samuel Morin. Seems he might not fit into the Flyers plans. 6'7", 225 lb LD, 24 yrs old, has a mean streak and skates very well. He would be an excellent add to our LD pipeline. Any thoughts on what he might cost?
No, I don’t think he would.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Okay, I am just working out the contacts, so have mercy. But so far ... how about Jake Allen and Robby Fabbri for Craig Anderson and Logan Brown? We may have to retain on Allen.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Okay, I am just working out the contacts, so have mercy. But so far ... how about Jake Allen and Robby Fabbri for Craig Anderson and Logan Brown? We may have to retain on Allen.
As much as I'd like to see Allen gone, I'd skip every damn game Anderson plays. I have an irrational hatred for the guy. When he gets beat high he freezes for a solid 10 seconds. Drives me insane

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
Hypothetical:

Pietrangelo tells Army that he's going to test Free Agency, having already got a Cup. He's honest with the club and says there's a 95% he's not coming back. Do the Blues let him walk for nothing, and take their best shot at a second Cup...or, as was the case with the Canes' Justin Faulk, do the Blues allow other suitors to work with Petro's agent on the basis of an extension and trade him to a team that can get him signed, in order to maximize his trade value?

What would you want the Blues to do in this scenario?
What do you think the Blues would do?

I figure discussing his departure is a sure-fire way to get that extension announced, right?

Honestly I'm curious to what Pietro would bring back in a trade, wish we could see what teams would give up if that were the case

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Honestly I'm curious to what Pietro would bring back in a trade, wish we could see what teams would give up if that were the case

Im not the least bit curious as I would expect a poor return at this point. Karlsson had to be moved and the return was bad. If we had to move Pie I’m hard pressed to believe the return would be worth more than another shot at the Cup.

Reactions: brokeu91

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Very underwhelming. A 1st plus low end A prospect but more likely a B level prospect. Maybe a couple mid picks also.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I dunno. I could see Petro bringing back multiple (conditional) firsts and some prospects. And if Petro tells the club he's leaving I don't fault Army at all for shipping him out for such a package. Your focus still has to be winning a Cup in 2021-2026 too, and not just 2020. If you can get a blue-chipper and a 1st knowing Pietrangelo is following Backes' career-path, I don't hate the decision. A signed-Stone got Brannstrom. A signed-Faulk got Bokk. An unsigned Karlsson returned returned multiple picks and prospects. Pietrangelo, signed or unsigned at the trade-deadline, is worth a significant package to a team with Cup-aspirations. Unfortunately (or fortunately in this case), the Blues are a team that probably sees their Cup window for this year close if Petro is moved, but a shrewd trade could re-open that window fairly quickly if those assets are parlayed correctly.

It's all pointless conjecture for now, but at some point his contract negotiations (or lack thereof) will become the 800 lb. gorilla in the room if a contract extension isn't announced by the new year.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Pietrangelo has an NTC, (not sure of the details), so he would pretty much be in the drivers seat in the event of a deadline deal. Rumour has it Toronto could be his preferred destination. So hypothetically, if we arranged a sign and deal with the Leafs, would Kapanen and a 1st be reasonable? (Toronto doesn't own it's 2020 1st, so it would have to be 2021). I could live with something like that if faced with the prospect of Pietrangelo walking.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Pietrangelo has an NTC, (not sure of the details), so he would pretty much be in the drivers seat in the event of a deadline deal. Rumour has it Toronto could be his preferred destination. So hypothetically, if we arranged a sign and deal with the Leafs, would Kapanen and a 1st be reasonable? (Toronto doesn't own it's 2020 1st, so it would have to be 2021). I could live with something like that if faced with the prospect of Pietrangelo walking.
A middle 6 winger and a 1st a year and a half away isn't close to what I could live with for a sign and trade of Petro. If it didn't involve an extension, I could probably live with that, but most certainly not with the extra value of coming with the term attached to the extension.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
IF we somehowe lose Pietro our d-core is going to look very meh.

Code:
Dunn - Parayko
Gunnar - Faulk
Mikkola/Borgman - Bortuzzo/Reinke

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Toronto doesn’t have enough cap space to sign a player for 3 mil, let alone Petro.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If I were Toronto, I'd be pretty happy to trade Nylander in a package for Pietro. That would open up a big chunk of salary to sign him, and maybe they could swing a little more salary to make it work.
IF we can't resign him and IF we feel we have to trade him, something around Nylander and Muzzin for Petro and Bozak could perhaps work.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

If it's a deal similar to Faulk, where the Blues were able to work out an extension, you have to think the return is quite a bit more than what the Blues gave up. The Blues gave Bokk + Edmundson + a 5th for Faulk. I thought Tampa could be a good destination but so far Shattenkirk is giving them what they want. He has 7 points in 9 games and could be looking at an extension with them.

I thought if a trade had to take place Sergachev would be the starting point. Tampa is set long term with Hedman & McDonagh on the left side. Right now Sergachev is on the 3rd pair but still getting 18 minutes a night of ice time. He's still just 21 years old. If the Blues felt he could handle top pairing minutes it could be the start of a deal that makes sense from both sides.

For an extended Pietrangelo I'll say Sergachev + a 1st + a good prospect at minimum.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
IF we can't resign him and IF we feel we have to trade him, something around Nylander and Muzzin for Petro and Bozak could perhaps work.
If I were Toronto, Nylander is the currency I'd want to use. But I'm not that keen on him as a player, personally. I think he's too soft to be part of the current formula in St Louis. I'd be disappointed if he was the main piece back, but its probably realistic.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Toronto has too much tied up in their big 4 to afford Pietrangelo next season, and they wouldn't trade for him without possibility of extending him. They have $40M tied up in 4 forwards (Mathhews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander). Anderson and Reilly, even on good deals, adds $10m. Add Pietrangelo for $10M (for rounding), and that is $60M tied up for 7 of a team's 23 players. Kerfoot, Hyman, Johnsson and Kessel's retained salary add a little over $10M (rounded down to balance Pie's rounding up). So that $70M.

That leaves probably less than $15M to sign 11-13 players. Everyone would have to average close to a million. That's fine for the 4th line and even 3rd pairing. But they'd need an entire middle pair and 3rd line too. I don't think they have strong enough ELCs to promote into those key roles. The team would be horrific despite having an amazing top pair and top 6.

If Toronto is trading for Pietrangelo, imo, Nylander has to be going out. Not because that is what we need. But because that is the only way they can get their salary structure to a place where they can sign Pietranglo and have enough room to field a competitive team.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
1. We're not trading Pietrangelo (unless somehow it looks like we won't make the playoffs at the trade deadline)
2. I doubt Dubas would trade Nylander for Pietrangelo

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
After all those trade "discussions" on the main boards , I swear if we end up with Nylander for Pietrangelo I'll puke. Absolutely no interest in the pillsbury dough boy. (No matter how great his hair is ). I think the best course then is to hang on to Pietrangelo, even if we might have to watch him walk. (Btw, whatever happened to that Colt55 guy? :sarcasm:)

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
If it’s 100% assured we aren’t signing Petro, I’d look into Petro for Nylander +. I like Kapanan too. Petro + Kyrou For Nylander + Kap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad