Blues Trade Proposals 2019-2020 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
The Arizona Coyotes have struggled for years to bring top end forward talent to the desert. Recently GM John Chayka has pulled the trigger on deals to bring Alex Galchenyuk, Phil Kessel, and Nick Schmaltz to Phoenix, and according to Sportsnet, Chayka is going big game hunting again. He’s been in deep talks with Devils GM Ray Shero to acquire forward Taylor Hall and the talks have intensified to the point that the Devils held Hall out of Friday’s game against the Avalanche.

If we can't get Hall in a fair deal, I hope Arizona gets him.

I would love to see the Coyotes succeed this year. Go deep in the playoffs and lose the Conference Final to the Blues.

Reactions: brokeu91

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
I can (somewhat reluctantly) get behind including Kyrou in a deal for Hall, but not Thomas.

Don’t realistically see them moving Faulk here, especially with another defenseman having just gone to IR.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
I'm glad they are in the conversation for Hall, even though I'm not sure he would be worth the price for the Blues.

At the very least, we are driving up the price Colorado would have to pay. If they have to give up Byram and don't get an extension signed, that's a long term win for the Blues.

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
I'm glad they are in the conversation for Hall, even though I'm not sure he would be worth the price for the Blues.

At the very least, we are driving up the price Colorado would have to pay. If they have to give up Byram and don't get an extension signed, that's a long term win for the Blues.

By all accounts, Colorado has backed down from Hall. Whether those accounts are correct, that will remain to be seen. But if Colorado gets him, that's a scary team we will for sure be seeing in the early rounds of playoffs. I would prefer he go to Arizona if its not us. We might have to deal with them eventually, but it will be a tired team and further then they have gotten in the past.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
By all accounts, Colorado has backed down from Hall. Whether those accounts are correct, that will remain to be seen. But if Colorado gets him, that's a scary team we will for sure be seeing in the early rounds of playoffs. I would prefer he go to Arizona if its not us. We might have to deal with them eventually, but it will be a tired team and further then they have gotten in the past.

If our bidding contributes to Colorado backing out, that's good for us.

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
Allen + Sanford + Kyrou + 1st

Domingue + Hall extended 7 years 8.75 million per season

Do you think they would take Mikkola instead of Kyrou? That is one of the things that seems to keep popping up on NJs needs. A left hand D. I read a tweet a little while ago that said Dunn's name keeps being thrown around and I don't like the sound of that. We need Dunn.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Do you think they would take Mikkola instead of Kyrou? That is one of the things that seems to keep popping up on NJs needs. A left hand D. I read a tweet a little while ago that said Dunn's name keeps being thrown around and I don't like the sound of that. We need Dunn.

If the Blues are sending a contact around the size of Allen’s and Hall comes with an extension, I would guess a major piece like Kyrou would be involved. Army somehow got O’Reilly without a major piece but I’m not expecting lightning in a bottle twice.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
I have to imagine our package would be a forward, a defenseman, and Allen. Dunn seems like the most likely option on D. Maybe Faulk pushes Dunn off the roster, not Petro?

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
If the Blues are sending a contact around the size of Allen’s and Hall comes with an extension, I would guess a major piece like Kyrou would be involved. Army somehow got O’Reilly without a major piece but I’m not expecting lightning in a bottle twice.
I missed your part about Hall extended. My apologies. That does make it better in my opinion. I wouldn't count DA out though, he has made some great trades using quantity over quality in the past. I'm not sure I agree with the contract part on Allen though. It's higher then what they might want to pay for a backup, but there is no denying he wouldn't help their goaltending situation in more ways then one. Play 1b behind Blackwood and help him the way he helped Binny. Keep Blackwood from getting destroyed every night and ruining any confidence he might have left.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

I have been a huge fan of Mikkola throughout this process and have advocated for him quite a bit in various posts, but I think that there are two separate values between Mikkola and Kyrou tbh (though I'm also a huge fan of Kyrou lol).

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
I have to imagine our package would be a forward, a defenseman, and Allen. Dunn seems like the most likely option on D. Maybe Faulk pushes Dunn off the roster, not Petro?

If I were Jersey being able to get Dunn would be a good win for them. Blues have puck movers galore on the right side. Maybe Dunn + allen+ 1st. Then resign petro.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Allen + Sanford + Kyrou + 1st

Domingue + Hall extended 7 years 8.75 million per season

If Kyrou is included, they better take a camp dump with him. Steen or Bozak. Then we can extend Petro along with Hall.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I hope Armstrong is as smart as Sakic.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
All this is making me really nervous. I really hope Armstrong is not stupid enough to pay the price for Hall. And Robert Thomas? Come on!

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
All this is making me really nervous. I really hope Armstrong is not stupid enough to pay the price for Hall. And Robert Thomas? Come on!
I would be seriously shocked if that happened. Thomas is going to be a 1c before too long. My biggest worry is Chiarelli whispering stupid ideas in DA's head and him listening. I'm pretty sure the fans would riot if Thomas was traded.

CoverYour5

Sep 25, 2018
If I were Jersey being able to get Dunn would be a good win for them. Blues have puck movers galore on the right side. Maybe Dunn + allen+ 1st. Then resign petro.
I agree, I think that if Hall is coming to STL, the package will include Vince Dunn.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
I'm so conflicted, Taylor Hall is one of my favorite players since he came into the league....

I know Army has a plan though, so I'm just gonna trust the process here

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hall will cost too much and I wouldn’t want him as only a rental.

I hope the Coyotes get him so he stays away from the Avs.

Reactions: Mike Liut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad