Blues Trade Proposals 2019-2020 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If it doesn't seem like Pietrangelo is going to re-sign, going after Hall makes a lot of sense IMO. Stack up because it's our last real chance at the Cup until we find someone on par with Petro, which will likely be a while. Come playoff time we could run:

Hall-Schenn-Tarasenko
Schwartz-ROR-Perron

That's among the best top sixes in the league to go along with our incredible depth, high end defense, and Binnington in net. It would definitely be a "win now, worry about the future later" type of move, but if your captain and best player is about to walk, and you have an injury to your best goal scorer that may prevent him from being very effective in the playoffs, a little insurance in the form of a Hart Trophy winner wouldn't be such a bad thing. We won the Cup without him, but we had quite a bit of good fortune on our side. This definitely pushes the odds in our favor. If Petro walks, we're not going to win the Cup regardless what we have left on our team. We'd still be a good team, likely a playoff team, without Petro, but we're not getting past the second round. It sucks to say, but this might be it. This might be our last year as true Cup contenders for a while. I'm not losing any sleep over dealing Klim Kostin, Ville Husso, Scott Perunovich etc. for a guy like Taylor Hall. Only prospect that would give me hesitation is Kyrou, simply because he's a rental. We all would love if Kyrou became even half of what Taylor Hall currently is. He's "mailing it in" to the tune of 208 points in 211 games for New Jersey. We haven't had a scorer like Hall since Demitra. Adding him to the Cup winning roster would likely make us the odds on favorites to win again. There are no guarantees in the playoffs, we could just as easily get bounced in the first round, but it would go a long way towards stacking the odds in our direction.

I'd much rather avoid Hall and re-sign Pietrangelo, but if that's off the table, which our reportedly heavy pursuit of Hall would leave me to believe, I'd like to make one more swing at the Cup before he departs. There's no better player that's available than Taylor Hall.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Its almost laughable that we go Cup run and our franchise most important player, captain walks away after next season. Rebuild time.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
My only concern is health and cap reasons. Without knowing Pietrangelo's intentions its concerning, but Faulk blee that up already.

If we can get Hall and move enough cap to keep the core together, get it done. The next 3-4yrs will be fun

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
upload_2019-12-14_9-56-20.png

Anyone else see this? I would not be happy to see them trade Thomas for a rental.

Edit: sorry for the sizing, couldn't get it smaller.

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-14_9-55-18.png
    upload_2019-12-14_9-55-18.png
    464.1 KB · Views: 1

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Some key players (key imo) are going to need raises in the very near future. Sunny, Barbie, Blais. There’s no way we can trade for and sign Hall and extend Petro. Unless we move Bozak and Allen and buyout Steen. I guess those are possibilities. Parayko, Schwartz and Binny will need extended soon too. Need to keep this core together as long as possible.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Thomas for a Hall rental? Army can’t possibly be this stupid? Come on Army, you’re better than this.

Reactions: DoubleK81

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'd have a very hard time moving Thomas as his ceiling is still sky high, but he's been disappointing outside of a hand full of plays. Also hard to see him go for Hall when he was a no go for O'rielly.

Glad to see Army trying to make the core as strong as possible.

Reactions: Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I’m calling shenanigans on that. Feels like someone seeing the Blues are interested in Hall and then looking for a young forward and goalie to go back. I don’t think the Blues would trade Thomas for a rental, and I also don’t know why Jersey would trade their best chip for a young center when they just drafted two of them first overall. I’d put money on that story being entirely fabricated.

EDIT:Guy has 300 followers on Twitter. Sticking with this being bunk.

Reactions: Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The Arizona Coyotes have struggled for years to bring top end forward talent to the desert. Recently GM John Chayka has pulled the trigger on deals to bring Alex Galchenyuk, Phil Kessel, and Nick Schmaltz to Phoenix, and according to Sportsnet, Chayka is going big game hunting again. He’s been in deep talks with Devils GM Ray Shero to acquire forward Taylor Hall and the talks have intensified to the point that the Devils held Hall out of Friday’s game against the Avalanche.

The Coyotes have included forward Barrett Hayton and goaltender Antti Raanta in their latest offer for Hall, but the deal could expand even further to include pieces like netminder Louis Domingue and winger Vinny Hinostroza.

Hall is on his way out of the door in New Jersey, and if Arizona had their way he’d be joining the home dressing room on Saturday as the Devils make the trip to take on the Yotes in the desert. Stay tuned for more.

There. I wrote the exact same article about the Devils with the exact same amount of “sources”. Maybe I can get a side gig going at hockeytraderumors.com.

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
Thanks for posting this. I really hope we don’t trade Thomas for a rental.

I do wonder if Hall gets traded today. He’s scratched again tonight

There is so much smoke, you have to expect there to be some fire to it. Will it be the Blues? Who really knows, but I can't seem NJ scratching him 2 times not to have something pretty solid in place with someone. But it wouldn't be the first time it looked imminent and nothing came of it.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
If we theoretically moved like Allen, Faulk/Steen/Bozak, Dunn (only to make them take our cap dump), and MAYBE a pick (maybe an overpayment) for Hall. Would that clear enough cap space to resign Petro and potentially Hall? We wouldn’t have to sign Dunn in this scenario.

this is really forced but..

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
If we theoretically moved like Allen, Faulk/Steen/Bozak, Dunn (only to make them take our cap dump), and MAYBE a pick (maybe an overpayment) for Hall. Would that clear enough cap space to resign Petro and potentially Hall? We wouldn’t have to sign Dunn in this scenario.

this is really forced but..
If you move Allen, Bozak, and Steen that will clear up $15 mill which can be used to sign Petro, Hall, a bottom Left D and a backup for Binny for next season. We have more then enough ability up the middle to replace Bozak and Steen wasn't really missed it seemed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad