Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
What is Bozak value? 2nd/3rd round pick? Dunn 2x2nds?

On the tradeboards fans from multiple teams where okay with offering a 2020 1st (> pick 15) + something else for Dunn.
I guess Bozak alone could get a 3rd-4th? Maybe a B-prospect? His price is harder to predict as it is a weird market ATM. However, his AAV is higher than his actual salary, which could interest a team like Ottawa who are currently under the minimum salary cap. If we could additionally retain on him, maybe a 2nd?

Reactions: Ranksu

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Bozak and gunnarsson With cash to Ottawa For future considerations.

Sign Petro

continue Business as usual with this current cup window

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Coyotes fan stopping by to weigh your interest in Alex Goligoski. Bill Armstrong is looking to shake things up.

Goligoski lead the entire Coyotes team in time on ice per game. He plays both the left and right side with equal ease. He’s good in all three zones. He’s a steady, quiet producer. Nothing too flashy, nothing too stupid. Can be too passive and isn’t a physical presence by any means. But he blocks shots and is willing to sacrifice. He’s a very good passer and moves the puck well.

I was wondering A) how you guys might feel about Goligoski as a temporary stop-gap and B) if you’d consider moving Blais for him.

Also, thought maybe Christian Fischer could be part of the deal. He’s a St. Louis guy (engaged to Joe Buck’s daughter, IIRC). Thought also about Bortuzzo as a piece to balance out the capspace for y’all.

Thanks!

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Coyotes fan stopping by to weigh your interest in Alex Goligoski. Bill Armstrong is looking to shake things up.

Goligoski lead the entire Coyotes team in time on ice per game. He plays both the left and right side with equal ease. He’s good in all three zones. He’s a steady, quiet producer. Nothing too flashy, nothing too stupid. Can be too passive and isn’t a physical presence by any means. But he blocks shots and is willing to sacrifice. He’s a very good passer and moves the puck well.

I was wondering A) how you guys might feel about Goligoski as a temporary stop-gap and B) if you’d consider moving Blais for him.

Also, thought maybe Christian Fischer could be part of the deal. He’s a St. Louis guy (engaged to Joe Buck’s daughter, IIRC). Thought also about Bortuzzo as a piece to balance out the capspace for y’all.

Thanks!
Everything is up in the air with Petro's situation. If he returns, there's obviously no way or need.

If 27 doesn't return, I could see our interest on a LHD vet but I doubt we're willing to let wingers go with Tarasenko's injury, and the organization likes Blais a lot.

Honestly, the only people on our roster I see moving this offseason are Bozak or Dunn; Bozak if we're readying to clear for Pietrangelo and Dunn if 27 returns so we get under the cap.

Last edited:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

That's exactly the team that seems to be the right match if we're parting with Dunn at the draft. That assumes Petro stays though as I don't think the Blues would move Dunn while also losing Petro to UFA.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Thanks!
Goligoski would honestly fit pretty decently with Parayko on the top pairing if Pietrangelo leaves. Add that he is a UFA this year so if he doesn't work out then we can flip him at the deadline. Probably worth looking into.

rt

May 13, 2004
Not sure on that part. We are pretty low on NHL ready forwards but I do understand you got to give to get. I'd have to see what others say on that part.
Also curious about adding Fischer and Bortuzzo to the mix.

Essentially the Blues get a cheaper bottom six winger who’s been less consistent in his progression (more non-linear), while the Coyotes downgrade a top three D for a bottom three D, in order to improve a bit on the wing, and save some cash.

Not sure what other pieces make it work.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Goligoski doesn't make sense. We have Dunn, Scandella, Gunnarsson, Mikkola and Perunovich as depth on the left side. While he can play on the right, we still have Parayko and Faulk who would be ahead of him, plus Bortuzzo.

If Pietrangelo leaves and it's decided that we need defensive help, then I imagine we'll be targetting a longer term piece.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Goligoski doesn't make sense. We have Dunn, Scandella, Gunnarsson, Mikkola and Perunovich as depth on the left side. While he can play on the right, we still have Parayko and Faulk who would be ahead of him, plus Bortuzzo.

If Pietrangelo leaves and it's decided that we need defensive help, then I imagine we'll be targetting a longer term piece.
Agreed. And it doesn’t make sense for the Blues to trade a cost-controlled middle six forward for a 35 year old pending UFA d-man. But then again, DA did trade for Jerabek, so who knows.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

Thanks!
I don’t really see any team looking to shed cap being a particularly good fit as a trading partner for the Blues, even if Petro walks. That space will still be at a premium to improve the club with a longer term impact player.

I am intrigued by the idea of a Fischer for Blais swap. I feel like both players have quite a bit of untapped potential that a change of scenery might bring out.

rt

May 13, 2004

Goligoski has played most of the last two seasons on the right side of Jakob Chychrun.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Thanks!
Goligoski is a nice player, but doesn't make sense in St. Louis IMO.

If Pietro leaves, I would be much more interested in OEL. If Pietro stays, I wouldn't be interested in either.

Not particularly interested in Fischer for Blais FWIW.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

It would make hilarious if Army acquire some random 5-6mill.$ dmen who fit greatly criteria vet, gritty, locker room spirit and have history some of our coaches.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

If Petro walks he would be nice addition. He is good player. Allows us to deal Dunn and still give Perunovich time in AHL.

rt

May 13, 2004
Goligoski is a nice player, but doesn't make sense in St. Louis IMO.

If Pietro leaves, I would be much more interested in OEL. If Pietro stays, I wouldn't be interested in either.

Not particularly interested in Fischer for Blais FWIW.
OEL for Steen and Thomas?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
OEL for Steen and Thomas?
You’re aiming a little high there, Icarus. ;)

Steen is very unlikely to waive for AZ, and Thomas is likely not on the table in any reasonable trade.

Not sure what a reasonable trade for OEL would look like...maybe something like Dunn + Bozak + pick(s)/prospect(s)? What are AZ’s needs?

rt

May 13, 2004
You’re aiming a little high there, Icarus. ;)

Steen is very unlikely to waive for AZ, and Thomas is likely not on the table in any reasonable trade.

Not sure what a reasonable trade for OEL would look like...maybe something like Dunn + Bozak + pick(s)/prospect(s)? What are AZ’s needs?
Dunn+Kostin+Kyrou+?

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Dunn+Kostin+Kyrou+?
OEL could happen if Pietrangelo leaves, but that's very, very dependent on our management's faith in his issues the past few years being Tocchet's coaching. As a Yotes fan, what's your take on OEL's recent performance?

But I think Kostin/Kyrou + Dunn + a pick or two would be the price. Again, quite the gamble IMO but Goligoski or OEL could fit well on the other side of Parayko, allowing Scandella to be a stay-at-home for Faulk.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Thanks!
If we are keeping Dunn, and Perunovich is definitely a part of our long term plans, I would rather not get smaller or softer on our blue line. I get Goligoski is solid defensively, but your description of him sounds like a smaller version of Gunnarsson. We do not really have a need for him. Also, trading both Blais and Bortuzzo is losing way too much grit. I am a bit more biased here than some of my fellow Blues fans, though, as Bortuzzo is one of my favourite players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad