Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I wonder what we could get for Petro’s rights
Like a third or a fourth at most. Maybe you can get a third liner as the team looks to clear cap for Pietrangelo.

Letting the team negotiate an 8 year extension, which we sign him to and immediately trade him? That might have more value.

Either way, it won't happen. The return doesn't justify the bad optics to casual fans.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'm not as down on OEL as some are here, but a panic trade to patch over the Petro-sized hole in our roster probably isn't a good call.

But if we can't go over 7.7 for Petro, why would be afford 8.25 for OEL?
You really think the Blues haven't offered over 7.7 to Pietrangelo's agents?

Personally, I find that highly unlikely. I think that 7.7 number is BS spin from the agents at Newport and the Blues would go 8+ on an 8 year deal, but Pietrangelo and his team want significant signing bonuses. At the end of the day, we are all guessing here, but that 7.7 number should be taken with an enormous grain of salt.

As to the idea of acquiring OEL if Pietrangelo walks, I would definitely be in favor! He would look a lot better on the Blues than he would in Arizona IMO. He is still a very good dman, even if he has had a rough year or two on that team. Plus the cost to acquire him is probably at an all time low. I believe his contract does have a bonus structure the Blues might not find acceptable tho.

The organisation is really high on Perunovich and we already have Dunn. I can't see us targetting another LH PMD.

If the Blues did move Dunn and Pietrangelo walks, I would definitely be interested in Ghost. Similar to OEL, the cost to acquire him is probably at an all time low, and he is still a very talented player when healthy...absolute killer on the PP as well!

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin

Personally, I find that highly unlikely. I think that 7.7 number is BS spin from the agents at Newport and the Blues would go 8+ on an 8 year deal, but Pietrangelo and his team want significant signing bonuses. At the end of the day, we are all guessing here, but that 7.7 number should be taken with an enormous grain of salt.

As to the idea of acquiring OEL if Pietrangelo walks, I would definitely be in favor! He would look a lot better on the Blues than he would in Arizona IMO. He is still a very good dman, even if he has had a rough year or two on that team. Plus the cost to acquire him is probably at an all time low. I believe his contract does have a bonus structure the Blues might not find acceptable tho.

If the Blues did move Dunn and Pietrangelo walks, I would definitely be interested in Ghost. Similar to OEL, the cost to acquire him is probably at an all time low, and he is still a very talented player when healthy...absolute killer on the PP as well!
You're probably right, and we'd probably send $ back to Arizona for OEL, so the cost may be moot. I've seen a few write-ups penning his decline on Tocchet, and though that'd be a ton to tie up in our defense, if we think a change of scenery is all he'd need, we wouldn't have to sell the farm for him.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

This was kind of my train of thought.

Lots of ifs as usual but if Dunn returns a 1st and the cost to get Ghost is low than it’s worth it to me.

I think they’ll sign Dunn but was just thinking out loud except via text

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
That tweet from JR that says the Blues are offering 7.7M and won’t let Pietro know the details is ridiculous. I can’t believe he would publish garbage like that which is almost certainly straight from Pietro’s agents’ keyboard.
I cannot imagine any club would think it would be ok to do that. It’s not like you have an agent and lawyers who don’t look over your contracts when you have any amount of money.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
That tweet from JR that says the Blues are offering 7.7M and won’t let Pietro know the details is ridiculous. I can’t believe he would publish garbage like that which is almost certainly straight from Pietro’s agents’ keyboard.
I kinda feel the same way about the article he posted talking with Pietro.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
What hypothetical trades would it take to get the Tkachuk brothers to St. Louis? Curious on their perceived value.
I would be positively flabbergasted if either were moved whatsoever. Calgary is retooling around Matthew (reportedly shopping Monehan and Gaudreau) and Ottawa needs all the young, cheap talent they could get. I'd love to see Matt come here in UFA in however many years, but I highly doubt either become available before that.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I think anything we are hearing has to be taken with a grain of salt. Blues offering insultingly low numbers? Spin from Newport. Pietrangelo asking for huge bonuses, huge salary and max term? Spin from the Blues.

Reactions: Alklha

blues80

Dec 10, 2018
I think anything we are hearing has to be taken with a grain of salt. Blues offering insultingly low numbers? Spin from Newport. Pietrangelo asking for huge bonuses, huge salary and max term? Spin from the Blues.
Wonder what he'd say to a full no movement clause

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If Petro walks, then what do people think about Hanifin? It sounds like he is available. I am not sure how he fits our team. I am not sure we have what it would take to acquire him, but I am interested in what others think.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
If Petro walks, then what do people think about Hanifin? It sounds like he is available. I am not sure how he fits our team. I am not sure we have what it would take to acquire him, but I am interested in what others think.
He's fin so he would regress. Pass.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I don't see Arizona as a place that Petro would want to go. I think he's either got his mind set on Toronto or he's testing the market to see what he gets. I think it is going to come down to he's leaving for Toronto or he'll end up signing here once he sees the market is shallow.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
He's a complementary piece. He's still not shown an ability to carry a pairing, even when it the second pairing. He's still young, but beyond the point where teams should be paying a price based on potential when he has been in the League for five years.

I do think he'd be a good fit with Parayko, I just wonder why Calgary are looking to move him.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I don't see Arizona as a place that Petro would want to go. I think he's either got his mind set on Toronto or he's testing the market to see what he gets. I think it is going to come down to he's leaving for Toronto or he'll end up signing here once he sees the market is shallow.
I can't see any realistic scenario where Pietrangelo signed in Arizona.

If Pietrangelo does leave, maybe even if he doesn't, I wonder if Armstrong will try and get Kessel. With his contract stucture, then Arizona might even be willing to retain with relatively modest incentives.

Reactions: TruBlu

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I can’t honestly say that I know how well he defends because I haven’t really spent much time watching him play. His counting and advanced stats tell the story of a very average player. I think I would prefer to let Mikkola or Perunovich take a full time job and run with it and save the $4M in cap space and the assets it would take to acquire him.

Frankly, if Petro doesn’t come back I would rather just run with the D we have under contract and bring back Dunn, then focus on upgrading our forward group with a scoring winger.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I can't see any realistic scenario where Pietrangelo signed in Arizona...
If he’s not coming back, I think Boston and Colorado are probably at the top of the list, with Toronto holding down 3rd place.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
If he’s not coming back, I think Boston and Colorado are probably at the top of the list, with Toronto holding down 3rd place.
I put Toronto in first place, I think he'd go there if they offer over the blues. I don't see him going to Boston or Colorado. There are no ties there. Boston's window is almost shut, and Colorado is....Colorado.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
I think Hanifin would be a low-risk pickup and would be a solid partner for Parayko, allowing Scandella to be the stay-at-home with Faulk. Not sure if we have what Calgary would want, but it's at least a stopgap if Petro's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad