Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Patrick Maroon (1 year @$1.75m) - ORIGINAL 2018 SIGNING THREAD

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
I knew you STL folk didn't even like STL folk
Yeah it's normally based off of what high school you went to and or what area you live in. Always fun to take shots at each other via stereotypes. :sarcasm: Now back to my hoosier things with my hoosier friends in my hoosier area.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
Are you about to come in here and tell me there isn’t a thriving hoosier population in South County? I ain’t buying it
There is a solid split. I was born in city, lived in a very nice home in county since age 5. There are 2 million dollar homes all around me here.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
no_words_homer_into_brush.gif

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

Lol!

I feel the same way. I grew up in the metro east and now live in Iowa. I’ve never understood the HS thing either.

I only drove over the bridge to MO for Blues games, going to the various community rinks for my away games or concerts.

RickedEm

Apr 26, 2016
STL
I thought Hoosiers were only from Indiana! Maybe you guys are Hosers? :naughty::naughty::naughty:
Fun fact. Hoosier is only a derogatory term in St. Louis. I originally heard it was people from Indiana coming to St. Louis in the 30s to cross a picket line from striking union members so obviously that didn't sit well. The other story I heard is a lot of people from Indiana moved to Fenton (suburb of STL) to work at the Chrysler plant when it opened up and they were dirty enough that the word hoosier became an insult haha

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Things I associate STL Hoosiers with

Trailer
Non working cars in the front yard
Mullets
Busch beer
Car fanatic
Tank tops
Tattoos
Pick up truck
Cut off jean shorts
Country music
Missing teeth

Ps- I have a pick up truck and love country music but im from a Hoosier

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Things I associate STL Hoosiers with

Trailer
Non working cars in the front yard
Mullets
Busch beer
Car fanatic
Tank tops
Tattoos
Pick up truck
Cut off jean shorts
Country music
Missing teeth

Ps- I have a pick up truck and love country music but im from a Hoosier

A lot of those are just generic redneck. Maybe I'm ambitious, but I like to think hoosier is something that can apply to a wider range of people. You can be a non-hoosier country-music-lovin', tank-top-wearin', car fanatic. But you can check none of those boxes and you're a hell of a hoosier if you don't mow your lawn, get drunk at sporting events and shout obscenities, and burn trash in your back yard.

Reactions: KirkOut

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
A lot of those are just generic redneck. Maybe I'm ambitious, but I like to think hoosier is something that can apply to a wider range of people. You can be a non-hoosier country-music-lovin', tank-top-wearin', car fanatic. But you can check none of those boxes and you're a hell of a hoosier if you don't mow your lawn, get drunk at sporting events and shout obscenities, and burn trash in your back yard.
You are a leading expert in this field I can tell. It is true that hoosier != redneck, which I often see stated. Hoosier is probably closer to white trash, though not exactly the same either, like if white trash had their life halfway together. It's one of those things where you know it when you see it

Reactions: rumrokh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad