Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Brandon Saad

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Hopefully Saad will use #20 so I can use my Hawk jersey.

signed-brandon-saad-20-chicago_1_0ec89b9de61567d722c24636e78c0092.jpg

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Wasn't thrilled about the idea of signing Saad. Think he's a pretty "meh" player...I'm probably just being negative because he used to play for the shitbirds tho. He will probably will fit well in the lineup and we did need to add a legit top 6 LW. A Saad - ROR - Perron line would be a lot of fun to watch and tough on the other team.

Putting that aside, the contract is undeniably great. Very reasonable AAV and those worried about the term should check out the contract structure on capfriendly. In the fifth and final season of the contract, the actual dollars paid out drops down to $3.625 mill and the full NTC drops to 12 teams. Very moveable contract if it comes to that point (FWIW I don't think it will).

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Saad is wearing 20. I'm uneasy about this.
My thing is, people bitched when Maroon wore #7 (maybe not on here as much but definitely on FB/Twitter) and now no one even thinks twice about it. I get the Steen having JUST retired versus the gap between Walt and Maroon makes it a little more hard to swallow, but to me personally it doesn’t really bother me. And I’d like to think Steen/players in general don’t care that much about it.

Reactions: Zezel’s Pretzels

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
My thing is, people bitched when Maroon wore #7 (maybe not on here as much but definitely on FB/Twitter) and now no one even thinks twice about it. I get the Steen having JUST retired versus the gap between Walt and Maroon makes it a little more hard to swallow, but to me personally it doesn’t really bother me. And I’d like to think Steen/players in general don’t care that much about it.
I'm more uneasy on how it's going to be weird seeing 20 on the ice again and it not being Steen.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
He'll be sorely missed in Denver. He was one of the few that actually showed up during the Vegas series and always came to play during important games. Having Saad + Buchnevich makes me quite a bit more worried about your guys' squad than I was a year ago.

Another years experience with Thomas and Kyrou and the emergence of Kostin should have you worried too :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad